News Content Recap - Beyond Chapter One Livestream (23.01.2018) - Part 3 Recap

Pretty sure they confirmed the opposite, but that they were looking into highlighting certain areas relavant to materials gathering with colour.

The surface material generation is unaffected in Q1, the colours of the planets will give an indication of what you can find on the surface (potentially allowing the experienced player to do without a DSS), but not where they will be found on the planet. (Q4 maybe).

It is not what I meant.
Sorry, my English is far from perfect, I probably need to choose better wording.

I grind for resources to use them in main game. I only need beta to decide which modules I should upgrade in current system (right now LR railguns, focused PA and efficient beams are my priority).
Numbers probably be adjusted slightly but the core system will not change. So I can decide which modules will become unobtainable in new system.

I thought you were quite clear in your previous post Mordhar. You can rest assured that you will not be alone with that choice of action though, it's quite obvious many are doing the same thing. I have already bought every 'A' rated module for the Chieftain and upgraded them to G5 for starters. That's 16 items excluding hull and armour. I went for acceptable rolls and not maxed-out God rolls. That was 37 rolls for me. I think that would be around 300-350 rolls from scratch. I could be wrong though. While this may seem silly to some, at least the "Grandfathering" will mean I don't have to start at G1 when I install these from storage.................I hope!

Having 2 accounts, I will also run one as Novice with 2 ships and the second as Elite with 10 ships to see just how all this engineering works from both aspects.

A question about the Engineering update. How do the top max level compare with their former values?

I have not seen any specific examples of how the two systems compare - its all been very 'wooly'...

Take Grade 5 FSD Range Increase for example as this is one EVERYBODY will want to use...

Currently Grade 5 is listed as:

Integrity: ............ -25% to -12%
Mass: ................. +45% to +20%
Optimised Mass: .. +20% to +50%
Power Draw: ....... +25% to +10%

Requiring: 1x Arsenic, 1x Chemical Manipulators, 1x Datamined Wake Ecceptions per roll

However these ranges are the 'Nominal' ranges, not the outlier values, as values that exceed these range limits are perfectly possible and indeed, sort after! Add to this secondary effects as well...

Take one of my own FSD modules on my Cutter for example:

Its a size 7A FSD with these values:

Mass: .................. 109.14T (+36.4%)
Integrity: ............. 144 (-12.0%)
Power Draw: ......... 1.10MW (+22.5%)
Optimised Mass: .... 4143.9T (+53.5%)
Thermal Load: ....... 45.4/s (+5.7%)
Max Fuel per jump:. 13.16T (+2.8%)

This is what I would call a typically over-maxed module. Most of my modules are like this, not just my FSDs.

Obviously the Opt Mass exceeds the nominal upper limit but there is also a 2.8% fuel bonus making this circa 56% drive...

How will these kinds of over-maxed stats compare to the new system because if the new system uses the current nominal max stats, most of my modules are going to exceed this upper limit and will be better than can be achieved in the new system...

I would like some clear examples please!

Many Thanks

Susie
~~~~~

Last edited:
Just a quick love post here for the engineering changes. I can see myself hot-swapping modules (which are cheaper to transport station to station than entire ships) from one ship into another with engineering becoming 'special' again, like my Mum says I am! o7

How will these kinds of over-maxed stats compare to the new system because if the new system uses the current nominal max stats, most of my modules are going to exceed this upper limit and will be better than can be achieved in the new system...
As far as I understood, the old side effects have been mostly took into account in the new system.
The new max grade 5 roll should match the old "god rolls".

If this would not be the case, it would be very bad. All players would run for god rolls before the update goes live and new players would never have a chance to keep up.

Quick question on "Victor" and COVAS (apologies if it's already been asked).

Is this voice acted or will new COVAS voices be achieved with the new Galnet audio text to speach technology?

As far as I understood, the old side effects have been mostly took into account in the new system.
The new max grade 5 roll should match the old "god rolls".

If this would not be the case, it would be very bad. All players would run for god rolls before the update goes live and new players would never have a chance to keep up.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to test that during the Beta that goes live later today. I'll be looking to mode a range of modules and comparing them with the current stats :)

Galnet Audio
the german sample was awefull.

Text2Speech fails when it comes to mixed language. and the German galnet articles still contain lots of english words that are spelled wrong by the engine.

I’m loving the changes to everything so far but I have one small issue that affects me (and others) in a massive way.

RED TEXT. And shapes especially in combat.

i am colorblind and so are others who love the game but i, for example, suffer with seeing whatever is in red.

When it comes to engineering, I can’t see what materials I’m missing. How am I to know what to look for if I can’t see what I’m missing.

I play on console (Xbox), so the hud color change doesn’t work.

all I ask, please FDev, don’t use red for text. Highlight it in red, do what you need but at least don’t make anything red.

Here is is an idea, (not sure how to describe it), could you please outline anything red with white for example?

In other words (trying to be clear), hollow text in white filled with red?!

this way it doesn’t change the color scheme but helps everyone who is colorblind. We have been asking for this for years.

Please FDev contact me if you need anything to clarify about this.

see you in the black

WT* are you talking about, this is thread about livestream. People are hyped about new content and you bring the same whining we've been listening for years now, seriously?

People are hyped about the new content as many commanders are quiting because of my post. Go through my logs and see if i have posted about this before. If you don't wanna read something move on down. It's not intended for you it's intended for frontier. The new content is one thing. Yet thousands of commanders will flock to the new credit farm even if there is new content to do. Which is more important to these players the engineers or the credit exploit so they can get it while the getting is good. Then they will go do the engineers get bored and take a break until more content. Probably as you yourself does. Feel free to come to san tu and visit me XD but that would require you to come out of solo or private group and risk having to spend credits like all of us do.

hello, is someone there?
no recap of the Q&A stream last week?

sandro said so many confusing things,
and i was hoping for a transcript or something, + the additional Answers that where promised in the livechat :(

for example, the question about multicrew and the mining lasers -> sandro gave a very confusing answer,
and now i don't know if i can wait and be happy that the issue will be fixed (literally),
or instead, if i have to fear that the flak and shock cannon turrets will be changed to the worse, because their current behaviour is considered as a "bug"

I have been pulled away from the game as I have been playing Assassins Creed Origins a lot lately, but these engineering (and other) changes will definitely pull me back when they go live on PS4. Very much looking forward to playing again.

Hi there,

just a quick question - you state that the materials that can be carried are capped @ 100 - but wasn't that changed in Beta 3 to be only for the tier 5 mats and data, as to allow for more tier 1 - tier 4 mats and data (e.g. tier 1 = 300, tier 2 = 250, etc. etc.)?

Having that cap for Tier 1 mats pretty much will inhibit the usage of the mat trader, as for some iirc, the trade-off was 27 tier 1 for 1 tier 5?

Thanks and Cheers!

o7

Top Bottom