Controllable Visitor Camera feature instead of tegidcam cheat

I didn't find tegidcam very good, certainly not very easy to control. I would LOVE a first-person camera that I can control smoothly for doing videos and just for looking around and admiring my zoo. One that feels like I'm strolling around my zoo and allows me to easily make turns so I can look left and right.

I didn't find tegidcam very good, certainly not very easy to control. I would LOVE a first-person camera that I can control smoothly for doing videos and just for looking around and admiring my zoo. One that feels like I'm strolling around my zoo and allows me to easily make turns so I can look left and right.

I am afraid, this is the reason, why FDev is hesitant to implement a first-person camera in the first place. If they would commit themselves to such a camera as full feature, they would have to optimize it: smooth control as mentioned, collision detection with objects & guests including inaccessibility of certain terrains. This is probably a lot of work.

If they just keep it as an “easter egg”, a fun but almost unofficial gimmick, they can leave it as is, included all wrinkles and irks.

I still believe, they should do it.

I am afraid, this is the reason, why FDev is hesitant to implement a first-person camera in the first place. If they would commit themselves to such a camera as full feature, they would have to optimize it: smooth control as mentioned, collision detection with objects & guests including inaccessibility of certain terrains. This is probably a lot of work.

If they just keep it as an “easter egg”, a fun but almost unofficial gimmick, they can leave it as is, included all wrinkles and irks.

I still believe, they should do it.

The terrain isn't an issue if the camera just followed the paths, I'd be fine with that. I played JWE, albeit briefly. My favorite thing was that sphere that I could get in and control. I drove it all over the park, it could turn corners and it was an amazing way to view what I created. Then there was the jeep that you could drive. That was also very controllable. I'd be fine with a scooter in the zoo if it had to be a vehicle, something that doesn't block my view would be best. The technology is there from JWE, I really hope they implement it at some point in Planet Zoo - after they get the bugs worked out :)

Top Bottom