Controls resetting to default mid-game.

Resetting to default and for some reason, at least one button isn't being recoghnized in game. I know the button works because when I'm in the control options, it let's me remap the button, it recognizes it, then when I go back into the game, it acts like it's not sending a signal. And just rondom controls all over just decide to remap themselves to default, sometimes before I even leave the options menu. I'm so tired of remapping controls in this game. It's seems like every update borks the controls and I have to remap everything again. Tired of it. HJas anyone had the experience of controls defaulting in mid game? I haven't changed naything I have plugged in, K&M, Thrusmaster T16000 Joystick and Throttle. Haven't plugged anything else in, haven't unplugged anything.

post 5 follow the steps your binds will stick as long as your usb devices are sufficiently powered that is

post 5 follow the steps your binds will stick as long as your usb devices are sufficiently powered that is
Thanks man, but this is not the same problem I've dealt with that one before, and my bind file IS renamed, just for that. Did that a year ago, when I tried pluggin in an xbox controller. This is something totally different. Everything has been fine since the patch, just today for some reason, mid game, "huh, why aren't my turret controls working? " All downhill from there. Finally got the SRV drivable again and got back to the ship, and then discovered that the ship controls are borked too. I don't know what's going on with this one.

did you not backup your binds outside of the frontier folders
else dig out ya duel shock LOL somehow your binds have changed I cant understand how if you renamed them unless some one took your ship out with a duel shock without your knowledge
unplug your existing device mid game it may just use a generic name for a controller missing ,that will tell you what name your current controller goes by in the log as mine says gamepad for a x box controller when I do a log test disconnect mid game

Last edited:
did you not backup your binds outside of the frontier folders
else dig out ya duel shock LOL somehow your binds have changed I cant understand how if you renamed them unless some one took your ship out with a duel shock without your knowledge
Haha if someoone took my ship out with a dual shock that would be CREEPY. (I live alone.) Imma just nuke the whole folder and start again. Nearest I can figure there must've been a control somewhere that was still mapped to the dual. I don't know. And I still don't know why it would just all of a sudden start wonking out mid game. Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom