Ships Cool running cargo ship?

Has anyone tried something like a cool-running Cutter that could hide from sensors after getting interdicted? Could be useful in Power Play/CG shipping in open, but how effective would the stealth be?

Interestingly I saw a NPC DBX disappear from my A-rated though lightweight sensor after getting interdicted, though luckily I kept visual on it. No doubt it's the best stealth ship but obviously not good for cargo.

The ability depends on ship size and the cutter is one of the biggest ones.
You won't hide anyway, you'll become wobble point. And your ship visually will occupy half of the sky box.
This could create some difficulties using weapons which require target lock. But this is not a problem for hitscan weapons.

Last edited:
The ability depends on ship size and the cutter is one of the biggest ones.
You won't hide anyway, you'll become wobble point. And your ship visually will occupy half of the sky box.
This could create some difficulties using weapons which require target lock. But this is not a problem for hitscan weapons.

Is vector between ships after interdiction fixed or somewhat random? I've interdicted NPCs that show up in all compass directions after dropping to normal space. I'm just wondering if this could be an alternative to a normal shield-tank cargo ship. It's probably not...

Is vector between ships after interdiction fixed or somewhat random? I've interdicted NPCs that show up in all compass directions after dropping to normal space.
I was interdicted many times during kill pirate lord missions. And as far as I know the position is pretty much the same.
I'm just wondering if this could be an alternative to a normal shield-tank cargo ship. It's probably not...
By the way, hostile NPCs will never lose you. They are able to track position of silent running ships.
So good tactic against NPCs is shields, boost and jump. Cutter has huge masslock and no other ship is able to slow down its FSD charge.
Basically you can fight back but it's up to you.

I was interdicted many times during kill pirate lord missions. And as far as I know the position is pretty much the same.

By the way, hostile NPCs will never lose you. They are able to track position of silent running ships.
So good tactic against NPCs is shields, boost and jump. Cutter has huge masslock and no other ship is able to slow down its FSD charge.
Basically you can fight back but it's up to you.

That's why I said it's for Open against other players mostly.:)

Top Bottom