In-Development Coriolis EDCD Edition

Greetings Commanders.

This is a clone of the Coriolis project, whose original author is currently unable to maintain it. Coriolis EDCD Edition is maintained by the EDCD Community. We updated the data to reflect the current 2.1 state. Furthermore, we will try to update it on 2.2 release. If you wanna get involved, don't hesitate to join our Discord Server.

It is possible that certain module property values are actually wrong. If you spot an error, head over to our [Discord](https://discord.gg/0uwCh6R62aPRjk9w) and tell us.

Link: https://coriolis.edcd.io/

Now get back to ship build planning. :)

Last edited:
THANK YOU

To all involved in taking this up. Here's looking forward to funky 2.2 integration and maybe Engineers......! YAY!

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
@EDCD community. Perfect commanders. Nice to see that you all are picking up the gauntlet and making sure the excellent Coriolis is getting updates. I noticed the EDCD version is not yet on EDCodex. Feel free to add it there ;-)

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders.

This is a clone of the Coriolis project, whose original author is currently unable to maintain it. Coriolis EDCD Edition is maintained by the EDCD Community. We updated the data to reflect the current 2.1 state. Furthermore, we will try to update it on 2.2 release. If you wanna get involved, don't hesitate to join our Discord Server.

It is possible that certain module property values are actually wrong. If you spot an error, head over to our [Discord](https://discord.gg/0uwCh6R62aPRjk9w) and tell us.

Link: https://coriolis.edcd.io/

Now get back to ship build planning. :)

Ahh is that what's happened?

I submitted a pull request for a few fixes to coriolis, PRs seem to be being ignored though. :(

Last edited:
Glad to see someone continuing this project! I think there's plenty of room for more community tools and I'm all for some friendly competition. ;)

Now if any of you fine folks can figure out the correct thruster speed formula, I'd be much obliged if you'd drop me a line, and I'll do likewise. It seems so straightforward, but I still can't make it work without deriving magic numbers for each module, which makes it useless when the module is modified.

Thanks for you work, commanders!

You're on the source, could you publish the formulas in a spreadsheet document? It would be great to plan things like mass optimization for speed and shields etc.pp.

E.g. calculation of speed and jump range based on mass and module-values would be very interesting. Or calculation of shield strength with different mass values. Especially for engineers you do not see the final result unless you finish the engineering and test it out. This could be a great planning tool.

TIA

You find the formula for speed and boost here: https://github.com/EDCD/coriolis/blob/master/src/app/shipyard/Calculations.js#L74

Feel free to help us fixing it :)

Thanks. Last time I coded something this was for OS/2 some years ago ;) I'll check the JS stuff but I think thats completly out of my skill, and to be honest I have no clue how this calculation schould work (thats why I asked for),

But don't hesitate to ask if you need any other non-developer help, would be glad to support you somehow.

Last edited:
Thanks. Last time I coded something this was for OS/2 some years ago ;) I'll check the JS stuff but I think thats completly out of my skill, and to be honest I have no clue how this calculation schould work (thats why I asked for),

But don't hesitate to ask if you need any other non-developer help, would be glad to support you somehow.

The formula is pretty straight forward and doesn't require any coding skills. If somebody delivers us a better formula, we'd be glad to implement it right away!

Last edited:
We're gearing up for Coriolis to be ready for the 2.2 release. As part of this, we have added the Beluga, passenger cabins and fighter hangars. These new elements have required us to make some changes in the logic of how Coriolis works, so we're looking for commanders to help us test.

You can find the beta version of Coriolis at http://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/ If you want to carry out testing please could you look at any or all of the following:

• Do the new and updated ships have the correct slot numbers and classes, and is their starting equipment correct?
  • Can the correct ships equip fighter hangars, and are those that can't barred from using these modules?
  • Do the restrictions on the Beluga and Orca compartments work as intended?
  • Do the restrictions on the luxury cabins work as intended?

Please note that this is still a work in progress, and there are a number of items that have yet to be updated, or require us to wait for the release of 2.2 before final figures can be put in place. Specifically, please do not let us know if the costs for the new items are incorrect or about issues with hardpoint and module statistics: we are aware of these and work is underway to bring them up-to-date.

Feel free to report any issues here or on the discord linked in the original post. Thank you for your help!

I just gave a shot to the beta. It looks good so far for the Beluga. I had a spreadsheet with all my hardpoints, utilities, core and optional internals. They all show up properly and was able to configure my Beluga in the beta.

I don't remember what was the default build when I bought it. Will have to check again but that might be difficult since I'm currently on my way to Colonia :/

The last part missing is support for engineer upgrades. Right now, with my loadout, I would exceed the 6A power plant with 25.2MW. But I did an overcharge upgrade that brought it to 28.15MW. Other discrepancies due to other engineer upgrades make my power requirement different than what I see in game. But that's to be expected.

Note that using the "Save Raw Data" from EDMarketConnector reports the modifiers for the engineer upgrades. I did pretty much nailed it down for the FSD and the thrusters, which to me are very important. I posted my findings in the original coriolis.io thread here. Now, if the EDMarketConnector creator could output those modifiers with the ship loadout when you have the option to save your ship loadout, then I believe that the new coriolis should be able to take engineer upgrades into account for some components.

Unfortunately, EDMarketConnector doesn't work with the beta as the "Companion" API is not provided by Frontier. Hopefully, when 2.2 comes out, the Companion API will be back and running shortly after the release.

Let me know if you need anything specific. Better to reach me by DM.

Thank you all for this work.

I just gave a shot to the beta. It looks good so far for the Beluga. I had a spreadsheet with all my hardpoints, utilities, core and optional internals. They all show up properly and was able to configure my Beluga in the beta.

I don't remember what was the default build when I bought it. Will have to check again but that might be difficult since I'm currently on my way to Colonia :/

The last part missing is support for engineer upgrades. Right now, with my loadout, I would exceed the 6A power plant with 25.2MW. But I did an overcharge upgrade that brought it to 28.15MW. Other discrepancies due to other engineer upgrades make my power requirement different than what I see in game. But that's to be expected.

Note that using the "Save Raw Data" from EDMarketConnector reports the modifiers for the engineer upgrades. I did pretty much nailed it down for the FSD and the thrusters, which to me are very important. I posted my findings in the original coriolis.io thread here. Now, if the EDMarketConnector creator could output those modifiers with the ship loadout when you have the option to save your ship loadout, then I believe that the new coriolis should be able to take engineer upgrades into account for some components.

Unfortunately, EDMarketConnector doesn't work with the beta as the "Companion" API is not provided by Frontier. Hopefully, when 2.2 comes out, the Companion API will be back and running shortly after the release.

Let me know if you need anything specific. Better to reach me by DM.

Thank you all for this work.

We'd love to tackle engineers but need to get the existing product up to date first. Once that is done we need to find a sane way of handling engineers, which is a pretty complex undertaking. Certainly something that is very wanted, but finding the time and the data to do it isn't going to be easy.

Top Bottom