In-Development Coriolis EDCD Edition

One more thing. Not really a bug, but more of an inconsistency.

While fitted to a ship, marking shield boosters disabled will remove them from shield metrics in the defense page while shield cell banks stay there for as long as they're fitted, even if they're disabled.

This is by design. If a shield booster is disabled then you lose its benefits, but due to the power usage of shield cell banks they are often configured so that only one or two are active at a time. As each set of SCBs are used up they are disabled and the next enabled, so their overall impact is displayed in Coriolis even if the power requirement means that they couldn't all be operational at the same time.

This is by design.

I can understand that when you say it that way. But, if I want to compare the actual shield strengths of two ships, another one with SCBs, another one without it, the only way I can do that is to remove the SCB altogether. There's no way to get the defence tab to show the actual shield stuff without the SCBs affecting it if one is installed.

Which got me here, was that I wanted to compare the shields of my FGS and Vulture. FGS uses no SCBs, Vulture does. Sure, I know by default that with SCBs the shield lasts longer on my Vulture, but I wanted the data of the base shielding. Only way to get that is to remove the SCBs from loadout.

EDCD are pleased to announce version 2.3.5 of Coriolis. This is a maintenance release with minor feature additions. Full changelog is as follows:

• Ensure that hidden blueprint effects are applied when a blueprint is selected
  • Handle display when summary values show thrusters disabled but current mass keeps them enabled
  • Added updated German translations (thanks to @sweisgerber-dev)
  • Power state (enabled and priority) now follows modules when they are swapped or copied
  • Grey out modules that are powered off to provide a clearer visual indication
  • Use coriolis-data 2.3.5:
    • Fix list of available blueprints for Point Defence
    • Fix integrity values for class 6 power plants
    • Add shot speed for long range weapon
    • Fix components for dirty drive grade 3
    • Update values for Cytoscrambler

As always, Coriolis can be found at https://coriolis.edcd.io/

I can understand that when you say it that way. But, if I want to compare the actual shield strengths of two ships, another one with SCBs, another one without it, the only way I can do that is to remove the SCB altogether. There's no way to get the defence tab to show the actual shield stuff without the SCBs affecting it if one is installed.

Which got me here, was that I wanted to compare the shields of my FGS and Vulture. FGS uses no SCBs, Vulture does. Sure, I know by default that with SCBs the shield lasts longer on my Vulture, but I wanted the data of the base shielding. Only way to get that is to remove the SCBs from loadout.

The only way to compare total shield in this situation is to remove the SCBs. Coriolis assumes that if you have SCBs then you use them as part of your overall shield setup.

The 'Defence' section of Coriolis shows the breakdown of shield values, so you can see the MJ shield that comes from generator, boosters and cells individually. This would allow direct comparison.

I just modded a long range cannon. Coriolis doesn't let me enter the changed shot speed, and it doesn't autocalculate it either.

Thanks for the maintenance of this brilliant tool! I use it daily :).

Here's a recent observation: on shields, Coriolis considers that all changes of 'optimal hull mass' have the corresponding effect on 'max hull mass'. In game, only the positive effect is true. The negative ones are ignored. This might be a bug, but IMHO, Coriolis should represent the game as is.
Example: all my 3D shields (standard 413 T max hull mass), modded with grade 5 low emission mod, can be fitted on an Anaconda (400 T hull) in 2.3.02
This does not apply for other modules, e.g. thrusters, though.

Last edited:
hmm, i miss the feature to see a list of used Ingi-materials in a Ship build. This would be useful to compare it with my Material-list.

EDCD are pleased to announce version 2.3.6 of Coriolis. This is a maintenance release with minor feature additions. Full changelog is as follows:

• Update miner role to provide better defaults
  • Fix issue where torpedo special effects were not showing
  • Fix typo causing long range blueprint to not modify shot speed in some circumstances
  • Fix for Spanish translation of Chaff Launcher (thanks to DamonFstr)
  • Update for Russian translation (thanks to LeeNTien)
  • Use coriolis-data 2.3.6:
    • Add shotspeed modifier to cannon/multi-cannon/fragment cannon

As always, Coriolis can be found at https://coriolis.edcd.io/

Hi there,

Firstly, big thanks for maintaining this excellent ED tool - I use it routinely and it's a great help with planning builds.

However, I've encountered a situation where the tool doesn't work for engineered modules in certain circumstances.

In particular, in an effort to screw every last ton of cargo from my Cutter, I collected a load of materials for modding a class 5 prismatic, because I was rolling for the optimal hull mass secondary effect so the maximum hull mass would be boosted beyond 1100T so I could get it to work on the cutter, freeing up a class 6 slot for cargo, and using only a class 5 slot for my shield.

In EDCD, I cannot select a class 5 shield at all for the Cutter because, as standard, none of them make 1100T maximum hull mass, even though I have the thing fitted, online and working on my actual ship.

What I need is a way to tell the app my modified module stats before I allocate it to the ship, so that modules that wouldn't have fitted before being touched by engineer magic can then be incorporated into the build plan.

Admittedly, not a scenario that occurs terribly often, but if resources permit, it'd be nice to be able to account for this in some future release.

Thanks again, and much appreciation to you for picking up where the original site left off, and keeping this awesome tool alive for us players to use!

Last edited:
Hi there,

Firstly, big thanks for maintaining this excellent ED tool - I use it routinely and it's a great help with planning builds.

However, I've encountered a situation where the tool doesn't work for engineered modules in certain circumstances.

In particular, in an effort to screw every last ton of cargo from my Cutter, I collected a load of materials for modding a class 5 prismatic, because I was rolling for the optimal hull mass secondary effect so the maximum hull mass would be boosted beyond 1100T so I could get it to work on the cutter, freeing up a class 6 slot for cargo, and using only a class 5 slot for my shield.

In EDCD, I cannot select a class 5 shield at all for the Cutter because, as standard, none of them make 1100T maximum hull mass, even though I have the thing fitted, online and working on my actual ship.

What I need is a way to tell the app my modified module stats before I allocate it to the ship, so that modules that wouldn't have fitted before being touched by engineer magic can then be incorporated into the build plan.

Admittedly, not a scenario that occurs terribly often, but if resources permit, it'd be nice to be able to account for this in some future release.

Thanks again, and much appreciation to you for picking up where the original site left off, and keeping this awesome tool alive for us players to use!
You can edit URL in browser to insert any module in any slot: https://eddp.co/u/fx3kFjAj

Code:
https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/imperial_cutter?code=A0pytyFtlydysDf6--------------------p2-----.Iw18ZFA%3D.Aw18ZFA%3D..EweloBhA2AWEoFMCGBzANokICMF9A%3D%3D%3D
Each module has own code. p2 is a code of 5A prismatic shields, each "-" after p2 is one slot after shields (C5, C5 res, C5 res, C4, C3).
code=A0pytyFtlydysDf6 are codes for core internals, next codes are for hardpoints, utilities, and then optional internals until dot (.Iw18ZFA%3....).

Fill all slots, then remove module from slot you want to insert shields and replace "-" in URL with "p2", hit enter to load page.

Last edited:
Dregory, thank you! It was a bit daunting at first, but your directions were good, and dropped it into my saved build without having to re-enter all the data again!

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/imp...h9nNmRkBAAA=.CwegTCAMUgbKBGeICmBDA5gGxSEDJCg=

That's what the S.S. Winston's Bogey now looks like on paper! I know it's probably not very interesting to everyone else, but I had to do soooooo many rolls to get the optimal hull mass secondary - well happy with the result.

Right - I'm off to fill the cavernous expanse of my pristine, gleaming, white-with-blue-mood-lighting Imperial flagship with poo. Because I can.

Hello! Sorry but I can't figure a way to export my ship to coriolis anymore! Heard fdev changed the API somehow! How can this be achieved now? I use to have eddi to do that but the command won't do nothing now! Thank you very much!

Hello! Sorry but I can't figure a way to export my ship to coriolis anymore! Heard fdev changed the API somehow! How can this be achieved now? I use to have eddi to do that but the command won't do nothing now! Thank you very much!

EDMarketConnector can export your ship to coriolis. However, the API from Frontier that used to provide engineering upgrades is still not providing this data, just the basic properties of your ship. You can download EDMarketConnector from https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarketConnector.

Hello,
I have a problem with the numbers in the defence tab. There are big difference between the damage taken number ( in %) in this tab, and in the ingame numbers found in the right tab.
How can I reconile the two sets ?
Thanks

Top Bottom