In-Development Coriolis EDCD Edition

EDMarketConnector can export your ship to coriolis. However, the API from Frontier that used to provide engineering upgrades is still not providing this data, just the basic properties of your ship. You can download EDMarketConnector from https://github.com/Marginal/EDMarketConnector.

I don't think there's something from ED that's not providing enginerring updates. If you export to ED Shipyard, all the engineering mods are there and shown.

I just checked and the engineered modules are only exported with the default values. This is true for edshipyard.com and coriolis.edcd.io alike. So as of now (08.08.2017, 21:14 UTC) the engineered stats are not exported.

There is more information about this issue in this thread.

Last edited:
Hoping to update Coriolis in the next few days to be compatible with the latest version of Elite Dangerous beta, will keep you all updated on this thread. If you have any other suggestions, hit me up!

I've had an idea in my head for a little while now and finally thought I'd drop it in here. Inspired by ships sharing modules of the same class and not wanting to engineer up three separate C5 FSDs for my Python, AspX, and Type-7.
Would it be possible/reasonable to add a function to Coriolis for storing and recalling individual modules in a way that stores their engineered stats similar to how we now have stored modules in the shipyards in game? That way, we could swap our existing modules out when planning ship builds without having to re-enter all the engineered stats each time. For example, I have a Long Range C5 FSD in my Python, but I want to see how that same part will work in my Type-7 (power, etc), if I could "store" the part in Coriolis, switch to my Type-7 build, then just swap in the stored FSD, I wouldn't need to re-enter the 7 engineered stats. This applies perhaps moreso to weapons or any other type of module with a lot of engineering stats.

Any way about it, Coriolis has been a great help to me and my most sincere thanks for it's creation and continued updates.

I've had an idea in my head for a little while now and finally thought I'd drop it in here. Inspired by ships sharing modules of the same class and not wanting to engineer up three separate C5 FSDs for my Python, AspX, and Type-7.
Would it be possible/reasonable to add a function to Coriolis for storing and recalling individual modules in a way that stores their engineered stats similar to how we now have stored modules in the shipyards in game? That way, we could swap our existing modules out when planning ship builds without having to re-enter all the engineered stats each time. For example, I have a Long Range C5 FSD in my Python, but I want to see how that same part will work in my Type-7 (power, etc), if I could "store" the part in Coriolis, switch to my Type-7 build, then just swap in the stored FSD, I wouldn't need to re-enter the 7 engineered stats. This applies perhaps moreso to weapons or any other type of module with a lot of engineering stats.

Any way about it, Coriolis has been a great help to me and my most sincere thanks for it's creation and continued updates.

This is somewhat on my to-do list and is something I will probably look at once I'm done with the beta content! https://github.com/EDCD/coriolis/issues/72

V2.3.7 Released

Howdy all,

V2.3.7 has hit the production servers. Mainly bug-fixes but I know many were looking forward to the fix on the issue with Safari and IOS devices.

https://github.com/EDCD/coriolis/releases/tag/2.3.7

Changelog:

#2.3.7
* Fixed Travis test issues
* Bumped NodeJS version to provide better compatability and support
* Added updated German Translation
* Fixed issues with Safari
* Use coriolis-data 2.3.7
* Fixed Orca mass-lock

Terrific tool you guys and I use it all the time for pre builds and also checking the effects of my engineering upgrades. Is there a reason for having no option for inputting stats on Short Range Blaster effect in the Cannon section?.

Hey, I'm just wondering. Is there any reason why this version of Coriolis no longer has the data point listing the number of jumps a ship can make on a full tank?

Also, is there any chance of somehow getting a data point on how much heat a ship can take before reaching 80% and 100%?

First, the obligatory thank you: Thank you for all the hard work and effort that's been put into Coriolis - it really does add to ED for me and I'm sure lots of others :D

Today we have released update 2.4, The Return. [snip...]

Companion API

• /market now uses the correct commodity names and will include prices for legal commodities in the current ship's cargobay that are neither produced nor consumed at the current station
  • Calling /market with rare commodities in the cargobay will now produce the correct sale price for them in game
  • /profile now uses the correct galaxy state for controlling Factions and Superpowers, and uses the correct names for some modules, recipes and customisations
  • /profile now includes Fighters, SRVs, Name and ID of ships
  • /profile now includes most modifications of the current ship's modules, with a few exceptions:
    • Ship armour, hull reinforcements, shield generators and shield boosters return their absolute values for the resistance modifiers, not just the engineer modifiers
    • Modifications to weapon burst size do not automatically affect clip size
    • Burst size and burst rate overrides do not report their consequences for attributes like damage per second
    • Special modifiers are listed, but are not broken down into their effects

Now assuming I understand this, this means that in theory at least, Coriolis could now grab data from the companion data feed and automagically show details of engineering modifications.

Sounds silly, but this is possibly what might get me back into ED after a long break. Keeping track of what was on my ships and particularly the mods was getting to feel like a chore. Having Coriolis update for my ship modules and engineering changes is more appealing to me as a new feature than being annihilated by Thargoids!

#2.4.2
Lots of kind people have helped out for this release! Check out the PR history!

Uses coriolis-data update:
Fixes issues with repair limpets
Adds requirement data
Adds requirements panel
Adds comma formatting to tooltip numbers

Released onto main servers.

I'm sorry if this question is answered somewhere obvious, but I've at least done a cursory search of this thread and not found the answer. I note that when I search for coriolis on google (not that the address is that hard to remember), the first hit is for coriolis.io, but that page identifies as "Coriolis EDCD Edition - Shipyard" and a look at the "About" section seems to have the same text as can be found at coriolis.edcd.io.

I was aware of the forking of the original project, but has the owner of the original domain allowed the edcd version to use the original coriolis.io? It might be nice to include some explanatory text somewhere (especially on the edcd site), as this might cause confusion for people who are put on guard when a domain name doesn't match the title of the page. Again, I apologize if this explanation exists and I've missed it. Thanks!

I'm sorry if this question is answered somewhere obvious, but I've at least done a cursory search of this thread and not found the answer. I note that when I search for coriolis on google (not that the address is that hard to remember), the first hit is for coriolis.io, but that page identifies as "Coriolis EDCD Edition - Shipyard" and a look at the "About" section seems to have the same text as can be found at coriolis.edcd.io.

I was aware of the forking of the original project, but has the owner of the original domain allowed the edcd version to use the original coriolis.io? It might be nice to include some explanatory text somewhere (especially on the edcd site), as this might cause confusion for people who are put on guard when a domain name doesn't match the title of the page. Again, I apologize if this explanation exists and I've missed it. Thanks!

Yeah the coriolis.io was handed over and now redirects to coriolis.edcd.io. However they can't share cookies so it's best to stick to coriolis.edcd.io.

So do i understand right - coriolis at this moment still not importing engineer upgrades from EDMC? Or am i doing something wrong? (EDShipyard imports correctly)

So do i understand right - coriolis at this moment still not importing engineer upgrades from EDMC? Or am i doing something wrong? (EDShipyard imports correctly)

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the situation right now. I just don't understand why it's taking so long. Engineer upgrades have been available for some time now.

As per the EDCD Discord, StrideyNet the maintainer is currently a bit caught up with needing to pay attention to (a) paying work and (b) family issues.

Which as 1/3 of the EDDI team and the entirety of the EDRefCard team, I can completely understand.

Another thing that joining the EDDI team and the EDCD community has taught me is that adding support for stuff like RNGineer modifications and AX kit isn't as simple as just adding a row to a database.

Yeah, unfortunately, that's the situation right now. I just don't understand why it's taking so long. Engineer upgrades have been available for some time now.
willyb321 is working on the engineering changes at the moment and we hope to get them out soonish. If you want them sooner, Coriolis is an open-source project, so feel free to contribute and fix it yourself.

I just enter it manually - as long as I'm on a proper computer instead of a tablet, it's easy (when I click the spanner on a tablet, it opens the engineer stats editor, but doesn't bring up the keyboard, so I can't type anything in - it's an old tablet that i can't update the OS anymore, so that's probably why).

Even with not being able to import, I still rate EDCD way better than EDShipyard - everything's just so much more accessible, intuitive to use, easy-to-compare and nicely presented (EDShipyard looks 'cluttered' to me in a way EDCD has avoided).

If importing engineer upgrades becomes a thing later, great! but in the meantime, EDCD remains by far my favourite build-assistant, manual engineer data entry notwithstanding.

Top Bottom