In-Development Coriolis EDCD Edition

Will be nice to see the Chieftain in there. I haven't bothered with it yet in the live build, just the betas. Nice to see it in the beta build for Coriolis here though.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Wonderful tool for ED. Efficient ship list, build tools!

I agree, I just hope that the people who have taken it over haven't given up on it since an update for Beyond is well overdue. In frustration really I tried out the EDSY version the other day but couldn't make heads or tails of it. I daresay that could change with use but Coriolis is just so self explanatory and I will miss it if it goes.

I agree, I just hope that the people who have taken it over haven't given up on it since an update for Beyond is well overdue. In frustration really I tried out the EDSY version the other day but couldn't make heads or tails of it. I daresay that could change with use but Coriolis is just so self explanatory and I will miss it if it goes.

Not given up, just extremely busy. Ultimately this is a project which if anything costs me money to host and recent struggles have meant I don't quite have the time I need to work on this. As ever, it is a community project. If someone wants to sort out the updates, I have more than enough time to test and deploy the changes to the site.

I can't export my ships to Coriolis anymore. Is this a problem on my side or it is impossible to export now for everyone?

Thanks.

Not given up, just extremely busy. Ultimately this is a project which if anything costs me money to host and recent struggles have meant I don't quite have the time I need to work on this. As ever, it is a community project. If someone wants to sort out the updates, I have more than enough time to test and deploy the changes to the site.

Thank you very much indeed for everything you have done and are doing for the community. It is hugely appreciated whether or not you find the time to do anything more.

o7

My recent thread has got a couple of extra devs looking at the repo - not sure if this has borne anything useful yet but fingers crossed the tool can be up to speed before 3.1 drops :S!

I can't export my ships to Coriolis anymore. Is this a problem on my side or it is impossible to export now for everyone?

Thanks.

The site doesn't work with the recent 3.0 update. The devs are working on an update but keep in mind they have regular jobs. You can try to import your ship in the beta of coriolis, beta.coriolis.edcd.io. Engineered modules are not supported yet.

The site doesn't work with the recent 3.0 update. The devs are working on an update but keep in mind they have regular jobs. You can try to import your ship in the beta of coriolis, beta.coriolis.edcd.io. Engineered modules are not supported yet.

It says it can't import. Probably because my ships have engineered modules.

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for all the 3.0 engineering updates. It's great to see Coriolis getting back up again.

To report: heavy duty shield boosters are currently bugged. With g5 heavy duty + super conduits they should give 73.8% shield boost but this is not displayed and the total shield value is also far too low as a result.

I have noted (without checking individual modules) that the total armour value is also too low compared to in-game. I suspect therefore that the same bug is affecting multiple defensive calcs from various sources.

(Note that I'm not talking about resistances, just raw hp calcs. I haven't checked resistances.)

Hope this helps and more power to your elbow...!

o7

Truesilver

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for all the 3.0 engineering updates. It's great to see Coriolis getting back up again.

To report: heavy duty shield boosters are currently bugged. With g5 heavy duty + super conduits they should give 73.8% shield boost but this is not displayed and the total shield value is also far too low as a result.

I have noted (without checking individual modules) that the total armour value is also too low compared to in-game. I suspect therefore that the same bug is affecting multiple defensive calcs from various sources.

(Note that I'm not talking about resistances, just raw hp calcs. I haven't checked resistances.)

Hope this helps and more power to your elbow...!

o7

Truesilver

There's loads of stuff that ain't right - first thing to check is you have 100% selected rather than random, or some other value (I mention it only because I thought EVERYTHING was wrong at first until I noticed, which took longer than I'm prepared to admit!)

But yeah, HRP's aren't right either, as well as stuff mentioned earlier - I also notice power distributors only have engine focused up to level 3, but you can (and I have) done level 5 now, and loads of the experimental effect bonuses/penalties are wrong, too (Thermal shield booster penalties are 4%, not 5%, for example).
I forgive a lot, because it must have been a mad scramble updating when 3.0 came out, and you can correct values manually afterward as long as you check everything, but there is still some work ahead!

Last edited:
@Kilostream yeah, clearly the whole thing is work-in-progress, and very fine and much appreciated work at that, but since my post No.294 above, to which you are responding, things have moved forwards a lot. The shield booster values are now given at over 74% which I think is slightly high (before being way too low) but ... progress!

I'm sure the team will get it sorted. In the meantime www.edshipyard.com/new offers outstanding accuracy but without the pleasant UI.

Sorry if this has been reported before, but I'm not reading 20 pages to find out! :p

Anyway, I noticed that Coriolis EDCD is calculating the optimal multiplier wrong for my Imp Eagle , atm it's got legacy G4 DD 3A EP thrusters, ED's outfitting shows the Opti multiplier is 146%, which is 31.3% added onto the base opti multi of 115%. But Coriolis shows an Opti multi of 151% (with the 31.3% boost), which means it's multiplying the base figure with the boost, not adding it on.

EDSY is all very well, but it doesn't work properly with IE, yeah I know, I know, move on from IE, can't quite! ;), tried it on FF but I couldn't deal with EDSY's layout.

Last edited:
Excellent to hear that Coriolis is being worked on again. I submitted a pledge to the Patreon to support the effort.

The new EDSY is also looking good, with its new user interface.

It's great to have a couple of awesome tools like this.

Thanks for the hard work!

It has probably been said before, and if so then of course disregard this, but I just noticed that Coriolis says that the Focused modification increases DPS, which it doesn’t.

46QxYCx.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom