Release coriolis help thread

Coriolis help thread

coriolis is a ship builder available under https://coriolis.io. There also is a beta version with the latest changes available under https://beta.coriolis.io. If you have any problem with coriolis, please open an issue under https://github.com/EDCD/coriolis/issues. If you don't have a github account you can also post them here. Feel free to open up issues even if you're unsure about your problem, we're happy to help in any way.

Help developing coriolis

You can help us by providing data of modules. If you can provide any data, please do so by following these steps:
  1. Provide a screenshot in outfitting or from the details tab under modules in your ship's menu. If you choose to take the latter option, please be sure to name a price for the module.
  2. Tell us where you bought the module or where it is available at which price; also tell us if you've reached any Elite rank ingame.

We currently need data for the following modules:

• Large Multi Cannon (turret)
  • Small Shock Cannon (turret)
  • Small Shock Cannon (gimbal)
  • Small Shock Cannon (fixed)
  • Small Guardian plasma launcher (turret)
  • Small Guardian plasma launcher (fixed)
  • Small Guardian Shard Cannon (turret)
  • Small Guardian Shard Cannon (fixed)
  • Small Guardian Gauss Cannon (fixed)

We also need help with data for blueprints. If you can provide data for blueprints, please do so by following these steps:
  1. Take a screenshot per grade of the blueprint you provide data for.
  2. Tell us, which module you were previewing the blueprint for. That way we can better tell how exactly numbers are generated.

We currently need data for the following blueprints:

• Enhanced, Low Power (Shield Generator)
  • Fast Charge Special Effect (Shield Generator)

If you want to help developing coriolis, you can just start by forking the repository and opening up pull requests. Be sure to read the notes on how to develop for coriolis: https://github.com/EDCD/coriolis/wiki/Developing-for-Coriolis.

Fly safe o7

Last edited:
I imported my ship to coriolis, using the EDMC addon, and the heavy duty shield booster stats are way off.

Here's how coriolis shows it:

DUAhK7u.png

Here are the in-game values:

aviwZC2.png

Thanks for all your work on this! It is most appreciated.

Hi Codger,

thanks for the report. This issue is known, reported and under investigation. This bug however seems to have to do with importing ship builds rather than blueprints values having been set wrong.

Best regards

There are still many modules from 3.1 missing. If you could provide screenshots for modules you have unlocked, that would be great.
Below you can find a list with all modules we still need data for.
  • Enzyme Missile Rack [Fixed Medium]
  • Remote Release Flechette Launcher [Turreted Medium]
  • Shock Cannon [Fixed Large]
  • Shock Cannon [Turreted Large]
  • Shock Cannon [Turreted Medium]
i will make screens of the green ones tomorrow if still required.
also have the Shard [Turreted Large] and Plasma Charger [Turreted Large] unlocked

What about the Guardian Power Dist that shows up on your ship, but then reverts back to 1C after you switch to a different ship (if you have several imported)? Having this issue on the 7A PD for the Krait.

Also the Decon Limpet isn't available to add to a Optional slot as of right now in Coriolis, which of course I am sure you're aware of. The big thing is the guardian PD is there, it just doesn't seem to save...

double check base price of stock modules on a ship, a Python is 56,978,180 CR but your total shows 56,825,391.

Can you pinpoint which module exactly is badly priced?

i will make screens of the green ones tomorrow if still required.
also have the Shard [Turreted Large] and Plasma Charger [Turreted Large] unlocked

That should still be required, yes! Thanks for your effort.

What about the Guardian Power Dist that shows up on your ship, but then reverts back to 1C after you switch to a different ship (if you have several imported)? Having this issue on the 7A PD for the Krait.

Also the Decon Limpet isn't available to add to a Optional slot as of right now in Coriolis, which of course I am sure you're aware of. The big thing is the guardian PD is there, it just doesn't seem to save...

Thanks for the bug report. I could reproduce it and will open a ticket for this.

We're aware that the decon limpet is not implemented yet, however we already have a screenshot with its stats.

ok: (note, all values my include the LYR and the Trade Elite discount)
2B Flechette [Turreted]:
2m6EjIe.jpg

my storage lists the value as 1,060,137 credits

3D Shock Cannon [Turreted]:
3NZLl03.jpg

Value 5,014,104 credits

Enzym Missile:
pBNaLFO.jpg

Value 398,215 credits

3D Guardian Shard Cannon [Turreted]
cHUCqGA.jpg

Value 4,860,641 credits

3C Guardian Plasma Charger [Turreted]
rW7XLJQ.jpg

Value 4,554,147 credits

3C Guardian Plasma Charger [Fixed]
gBWEtFP.jpg

Value 1,179,560 credits

is this helpfull?

Hi Codger,

thanks for the report. This issue is known, reported and under investigation. This bug however seems to have to do with importing ship builds rather than blueprints values having been set wrong.

Best regards

Seems to have something to do with that random button, and it shows up like that on some saved builds I've done from scratch, not imported.
I get some other weird values too, but they always show up as random.

Thanks for all the work you do!

Thanks for the bug report. I could reproduce it and will open a ticket for this.

We're aware that the decon limpet is not implemented yet, however we already have a screenshot with its stats.

I didn't take the screen shots as it's just going to show a 1C Power Dist so wasn't really anything I could add with the photo. Only noticed it on the 6A Guardian, but assume it might do that for all the others guardian PD's as well. Sorry I think I stated 7A before when it should have been the 6A for my Krait...

you know, since i posted the stats above,
i remembered that there was one thing about the Coriolis retrofit cost panel that anoyed me a bit

currently we have ingame just a few FIXED discounts -> so why the manual GENERAL discount input in my profile?

general for my profile, i would only need "elite trading rank",
and then i would love to check next to the modules the discounts "+5% , -10%, -25% and -20%" for the respective locations i know.

+5% was brestla AFAIK
-10% was Jameson Memorial
-15% is everything in LYR space
-20% is weapons in federal alligned station in Hudson control systems, or HRPs and Cargo container in Mahon control systems.

thanks

Actually a lot of the numbers are wrong.

Might wanna do a recheck on the system math.

What it claims I get out my Vipers is always off, usually I get better results than Coriolis provides. (Not that thats bad, usually quite nice to get a surprise)

2B Flechette [Turreted]:

Value 5,014,104 credits

Enzym Missile:

Value 398,215 credits

Value 4,860,641 credits

Value 4,554,147 credits

Value 1,179,560 credits

is this helpfull?

Thanks for the data! I link was put in the corresponding github issue.

Seems to have something to do with that random button, and it shows up like that on some saved builds I've done from scratch, not imported.
I get some other weird values too, but they always show up as random.

Thanks for all the work you do!

That saved builds are affected, is known. You can just re-click the module progress button and the correct value should saved.

I couldn't reproduce the random button being buggy however.

you know, since i posted the stats above,
i remembered that there was one thing about the Coriolis retrofit cost panel that anoyed me a bit

currently we have ingame just a few FIXED discounts -> so why the manual GENERAL discount input in my profile?

general for my profile, i would only need "elite trading rank",
and then i would love to check next to the modules the discounts "+5% , -10%, -25% and -20%" for the respective locations i know.

+5% was brestla AFAIK
-10% was Jameson Memorial
-15% is everything in LYR space
-20% is weapons in federal alligned station in Hudson control systems, or HRPs and Cargo container in Mahon control systems.

thanks

So are you suggesting one should be able to set per-module-discounts?

That saved builds are affected, is known. You can just re-click the module progress button and the correct value should saved.

I couldn't reproduce the random button being buggy however.

See Codger's first pic in this thread.
The button is always lit when the bad values appear.

See Codger's first pic in this thread.
The button is always lit when the bad values appear.

Ah! Got it. This is just due to the fact that coriolis tries to guess the progress of the module. And since it is neither 50%, 100%, etc. it's just set to Random.

However I just fixed that bug :) Stored builds might still be affected but new imports should work just fine. The changes are live on beta right now.

Ah! Got it. This is just due to the fact that coriolis tries to guess the progress of the module. And since it is neither 50%, 100%, etc. it's just set to Random.

However I just fixed that bug :) Stored builds might still be affected but new imports should work just fine. The changes are live on beta right now.

Ok cool, I didn't know if it was relevant to trouble shooting so figured it worth pointing out.

Thanks again!

2B Flechette [Turreted]:

Value 5,014,104 credits

Enzym Missile:

Value 398,215 credits

Value 4,860,641 credits

Value 4,554,147 credits

Value 1,179,560 credits

is this helpfull?

Hi Bunkerkind,

are you sure, you sent me a screenshot of the turreted remote release flechette launcher? Stats are equal to the fixed version for me.

Last edited:
Hi Bunkerkind,

are you sure, you sent me a screenshot of the turreted remote release flechette launcher? Stats are equal to the fixed version for me.

there is a turret icon in the top right corner of the status screen,
and it looks ridiculous when outfitted.

here is a screenshot from earlier at the outfitting screen if you dont believe it:
c5jFZJE.jpg

RRFlak has no stat difference between the fixed and the turreted version either - its actually a pitty that the DEVs didn't keep that part to the other multicrew-only turrets :(

Top Bottom