Ships Corvette anti-thargoid Scout build

Hello, I am trying to get into anti-thargoid combat. I am looking for a build which will only engage scouts because I am a beginner, so please dont recommend me to use flak cannons for the swarm, ect. I am not going to be fighting any interceptors just yet.

I am trying to outfit my Federal Corvette and I am using the following:

Core internal:
Military grade armor (heavy duty + deep plating)

Optional Internal:
Reinforced bi-weave shields
7A Shield Cell Bank X2
Fighter Bay - 2 XG9 Lance Fighters
Decontamination limpets Controller
Guardian Module Reinforcement X2
Guardian Hull Reinforcement X3

Hardpoints:
Huge slots - 2X Guass Cannon
Large + small slot - Turreted Beam Laser Overcharged/thermal vent
Medium Slot - 2X Guass Cannon

Any recommendations before I engineer all this ? Thanks!

Yes, for scouts you can use basically anything. All weapons work on them
I for example use an Alliance Crusader armed with 3 small gauss cannons, one flak (just in case i decide to try interceptors) and either 1 large ax mc turret and 1 medium beam turret for fast scout kills or 1 large beam with 1 medium ax mc for slower masochistic kills. And even in the latter build i still manage to clear the mission instances where you get a nice mix of 7 scouts including 1-3 regenerators.

ps. The large ax mc turret is really effective on them scouts. Sometimes it feels just to easy.

This seems very excessive just for scouts?

Perhaps, however my Corvette is already half engineered in the FSD + Engine department, so I want to go with a full Corvette build

Yes, for scouts you can use basically anything. All weapons work on them
I for example use an Alliance Crusader armed with 3 small gauss cannons, one flak (just in case i decide to try interceptors) and either 1 large ax mc turret and 1 medium beam turret for fast scout kills or 1 large beam with 1 medium ax mc for slower masochistic kills. And even in the latter build i still manage to clear the mission instances where you get a nice mix of 7 scouts including 1-3 regenerators.

ps. The large ax mc turret is really effective on them scouts. Sometimes it feels just to easy.

Maybe I should look at a smaller ship. Im just so confident in my corvette right now however. After a few hundred scout kills, I think I will take your advice and go for an Alliance Challenger or something like that. Once I have abit more experience.

Maybe I should look at a smaller ship. Im just so confident in my corvette right now however. After a few hundred scout kills, I think I will take your advice and go for an Alliance Challenger or something like that. Once I have abit more experience.

If you decide to go with the Corvette, i recomend you to put 2 large ax mc turrets in the huge hardpoints and whatever you want in the rest of the hardpoints

If you decide to go with the Corvette, i recomend you to put 2 large ax mc turrets in the huge hardpoints and whatever you want in the rest of the hardpoints

So have 2 large AX MC + 2 medium guass? That sounds like a good idea actually.

Those 2 large AX should they be fixed or turret or gimbal?

Turrets i'd say. Them scouts are pretty nimble

Just make sure you don't pop them at close range. They leave behind acid like Aliens

Edit: And in the small hardpoints put some normal rails. And you an use gauss + rails to heat your ship to dispose of caustic substance
or employ some SCB.
You can also use decontamination limpets, but i hear that Thargs love to kill limpets

Last edited:
Northpin is right on the money.
2 x Large AX turret.
2 x Gauss.

Set turrets to 'target only' in ship setup in right panel.

There are no gimballed AX weapons, but IMO the AX turrets work like auto fire gimbals anyway.

Also, with the Guardian Hull reinforcement and decon limpets, I don't think you need to worry about the caustic goo too much.

Go for it! (y)

Last edited:
Northpin is right on the money.
2 x Large AX turret.
2 x Gauss.

Set turrets to 'target only' in ship setup in right panel.

There are no gimballed AX weapons, but IMO the AX turrets work like auto fire gimbals anyway.

Also, with the Guardian Hull reinforcement and decon limpets, I don't think you need to worry about the caustic goo too much.

Go for it! (y)

Thanks for the advice, im going to run with this. Cheers!

Top Bottom