Corvette Build Advice/Feedback

Hi. I have just bought my Corvette after a loooooong grind and trying to start another one now (Engineering) :eek: But before that, I need to decide my builds. I have tried to make some with exp. effects for buff/debuff but need advice/feedback before to start run.

Just one wish; trying to make similar as much as possible so I can change just a few slot and go for another mission. (All for PVE)

Bounty Hunting/Conflict Zone : https://eddp.co/u/skY5fBau
Powerplay/Assassin : https://eddp.co/u/1RBgCAez
Planetary Scan/Ground Assault : https://eddp.co/u/t5Jobgve
Mining : https://eddp.co/u/4emSHxtu
Salvage Missions : https://eddp.co/u/DY9MUaGB
Hauler Missions : https://eddp.co/u/wZQlrcFq

Open to any idea. Thanks.

A couple of random bits of advice...

Firstly, the only things the 'vette does especially well is mining and killin' stuff.
If you're not doing either of those things, you're really better off getting a different ship.

Not sure if you plan to buy a heap of different 'vettes or swap modules around.
If it's the former, it's more fun to use different ships for different jobs.
If it's the latter, well... same thing applies.

You can't really buy/build a Corvette on a shoestring anyway so my advice would be to amass the required credits and then buy an Annie for the other stuff and keep the 'vette for combat.

Secondly, your weapons set-up isn't doing you any favours.
Sure, you'll be able to kill other big ships easily but if you get attacked by a couple of Vultures and a couple of Vipers you're going to find it's like trying to swat flies with chopsticks.

The best weapons to put in the C4 slots on a 'vette (IMO, at least) are gimballed beam lasers - either modded for long-range or efficient, depending on your build - which will allow you to destroy almost anything from a sidey to a Clipper very easily and without assistance from other weapons or expending ammunition.
Once you've got those fitted, bung rails/PAs on the C2 or C3 hardpoints to help kill big ships quickly.
Add MC's to all the remaining hardpoints and you'll be fine for anything.

No real need for turrets on a Corvette.

*EDIT*

Oh, and nobody needs A-rated life-support.
Just fit D-rated to save yourself a bit of weight.

*EDIT2*

You don't need 2 HSLs either.
Just fit one and synthesise replacement ammunition when it runs out.

Last edited:
For PvE, all you need are strong shields, I go for reinforced with thermal option.

You can fill most of your utility slots with shield boosters, HD, RA and Thermal work well. Try to have the values (info is in the right side HUD display) be relatively equal.

For weapons you need some fixed (counter chaff) and some gimballed (hit the small fast movers). I have rails and MC's.

Integrity values for the Corvette can be as high as 6k+ for shields and 7k+ for hull.

G5 dirty drives and LR FSD are needed for the Corvette to make it shine.

Make sure that the PD and the PP can handle the loads of whatever you put on.

BTW I have mining and combat versions. It can also haul cargo quite well.

Last edited:
I use my 'vette for PvE bounty hunting (haz res and CNB), assassinating pirate lords, and missions that require more cargo space than my Python has.

When I want to run missions I simply swap out the SCBs and HRPs for cargo holds and carry on. And with any luck, I'll get interdicted while doing the cargo missions. :D

I keep it simple with G5 efficient beams on the huge hardpoints and G5 overcharged MCs everywhere else. Everything gimbaled. All core modules are A-rated and G5 engineered except for life support and sensors which are D-rated and engineered for lightweight. No armor as I never loose my shields, but I will sometimes carry HRPs 'just in case', but I'm not sure I will bother to keep them as they are really unnecessary for what I do.

Nice advice, thanks [up]

How do you use Rails with corvette? :S I have Imperial Hammers, love them but when I put them on size 2 slots, their target points are too far, just a bit better than clipper :(

And one more question, do you use/need Chaff Launcer?

Nice advice, thanks [up]

How do you use Rails with corvette? :S I have Imperial Hammers, love them but when I put them on size 2 slots, their target points are too far, just a bit better than clipper :(

I don't. I fly primarily medium and large shield tanks for PvE combat and never really needed them. YMMV.

Nice advice, thanks [up]

My 'vettes are fitted with 4A beams up top, C3 and C1 MCs and C2 rails.

I have 2 fire-groups.
1) Primary: Lasers. Secondary: Rails.
2) Primary: Lasers+MCs. Secondary: Rails.

I kill small/medium ships with lasers alone.
For tougher ships, I take out their shields with FG1 and then switch to FG2 to bring the MCs on line.
For the really big-boys, I do the same thing but fire on 'em with the rails whenever the opportunity arises.

Basically, the rails only ever get used on big targets and they're pretty easy to hit.

Almost no point (IMO) in fitting a chaff launcher to a PvE ship.
NPCs just aim manually as soon as you launch chaff and, let's face it, if you're ever in a situation where blowing chaff will save your ship then you probably should have left sooner.
Besides, from the receiving POV, if you're flying a 'vette then you're going to be hard to miss, even if you blow chaff.

*EDIT*

Meant to say, you really need to engineer the lasers to make the best of 'em.
Stock beam lasers are okay(ish) but they don't do a lot of damage and they cause overheating.

Once you engineer 'em that all changes.
If you engineer them for long-range you'll do a lot more damage and kill ships quicker.
If you engineer them for efficient, you'll do a bit more damage than stock and you can fire them all day without running out of power or overheating them.

For an "assassination" ship, long-range is probably the way to go.
For a "skirmish" ship, efficient is probably better.

Last edited:
No real need for turrets on a Corvette.

I disagree. Turrets are essential on the Vette because they keep pressure on the NPCs while you maneuver your Huge hardpoints into firing position. Nothing knocks out Condas faster than a good high speed ram followed by huge PAs point blank. Go ahead with your endless chaff spam... I don't care!

My Corvette has 4 turreted multicannons. The small ones, high cap w/ thermal / corrosive. The medium ones, high cap auto-loader. The large hardpoint is a turreted burst with phasing. The 2 huge are fixed burst each with a different effect (scramble spectrum and inertial impact). Turrets are set to fire at will. It's awesome watching them fire in all directions. I'm happy with it. Time to kill is not my main concern but it does the job pretty well, pve wise. The internals consist of cargo, limpet controllers, afmu, scb, hrp/mrp, hangar bay and srv bay. Sue me meta users!

I disagree. Turrets are essential on the Vette because they keep pressure on the NPCs while you maneuver your Huge hardpoints into firing position. Nothing knocks out Condas faster than a good high speed ram followed by huge PAs point blank. Go ahead with your endless chaff spam... I don't care!

I dunno.

I do usually fit a pair of turrets to my big ships for that reason - just to keep NPCs defensive - but I don't think it's really necessary on the 'vette.

If you're being attacked by a dozen NPCs at one time, as long as you prioritise your targets sensibly the ones you're temporarily ignoring probably won't be doing enough damage that you need to worry about them.
And if they are capable of doing significant damage, chances are that fire from a couple of (presumably) C2 lasers isn't going to do them a lot of damage either.

Basically, you'll take less damage, overall, by using all your weapons to chew through enemies quickly than you would by reserving some of your weapons to harass enemies and keep them defensive.

I've spent quite a lot of time doing BHing CGs with my 'vette and I started off doing them with my C2 hardpoints as turreted FCs, beam lasers and burst lasers.
Eventually I had a bit of a re-think, got rid of the turrets and found I could kill stuff more efficiently and didn't really find that I took more damage.
Course, my 'vette has bonkers shields and I've also got an Elite SLF pilot helping to keep the heat off too.
Maybe things would be different if circumstances were different.

Replace module reinforcement in your mining build with a docking computer.

It only kicks in at zero throttle, so you can drive for as long as you enjoy. I have one on all my ships. HCS voicepacks also knows about it.

EDIT: Just in case, my hps are: 2 huge multi's overcharged/autoloader, 2 small multi's with hicap/corrosive, middle hp all efficient beam lasers. For pve, as long as you think about and include both thermal and kinetic just do whatever you find as fun.. pve combat is about having a good time, thats it. I used to have mining lasers as the mediums and just have one build for both, but since the nerfed engineering weekend did a proper job of it and now swap out modules.

Evaluate elgin hub in chertan for a place to park your mining corvette :)

Last edited:
Secondly, your weapons set-up isn't doing you any favours.
Sure, you'll be able to kill other big ships easily but if you get attacked by a couple of Vultures and a couple of Vipers you're going to find it's like trying to swat flies with chopsticks.

I use fixed huge beams on my vette, works fine on small/agile NPC ships.

Actually, the OP's weapon loadout looks very similar to what I often run, except for the small hardpoints (which are feedback rails on my standard loadout).

Top Bottom