Ships Federal Corvette Corvette shield replacement help please

I currently have standard 7A shields that have been engineered to level 5 reinforcement. With engineered shield boosters (4 level 5 resistance augmented shield boosters and 2 heavy duty shield boosters) my overall shield strength is rated at 2809 mJ. I want to know that if I switch to 7C biweave shields can I get a better number and how should I engineer them to get a better number? Any help would be appreciated before I go do the trial and error method and use up a bunch of mats. I tried some variations on Coriolis and the numbers look pretty good but I'm sure I can get the best numbers with help from my fellow CMDRS. Thanks.

Last edited:
Too many res aug boosters. Resistances have a diminishing-effect curve applied with the more boosters you add, but MJ (raw shield strength) does not.
Have another look at Coriolis and compare the resistance gain overall compared to the quoted resistance gain for your boosters, you'll see youre not getting bang-for-buck with the last 2 or 3 res aug boosters.
Im not prescribing a loadout for you, because its far more empowering to figure out why things work, than just following a META build. And since youre nearly there already..
glhf

I want to know that if I switch to 7C biweave shields can I get a better number and how should I engineer them to get a better number?

Bi-weaves trade mj for recharge/recovery rate. Your raw mj will be lower, all other things being equal.

I personally prefer Bi-Weaves on my combat ships, mostly for the purple color haha. I like thermal resist as the mod and then get mj up, and balance kinetic and explosive resistances, through booster engineering.

I am not a Vette captain though, and the ones my friends use are almost all A-rated or Prismatic reinforced. It's a big, fat, slow target and maybe A-rated reinforced makes more sense with this ship. I think in the end either one is viable, comes down to the skipper, and that high resistances, especially thermal, are more important than raw mj. But those are my ships so blaze your own.

Last edited:
I currently have standard 7A shields that have been engineered to level 5 reinforcement. With engineered shield boosters (4 level 5 resistance augmented shield boosters and 2 heavy duty shield boosters) my overall shield strength is rated at 2809 mJ. I want to know that if I switch to 7C biweave shields can I get a better number and how should I engineer them to get a better number? Any help would be appreciated before I go do the trial and error method and use up a bunch of mats. I tried some variations on Coriolis and the numbers look pretty good but I'm sure I can get the best numbers with help from my fellow CMDRS. Thanks.

Nope.
7A have way better MJ than Bi-Weaves which are trading MJ for regen rate (and have basically almost the same strength as D-rated shields)
But at 2800 MJ with 7A shields i have to say that you have rather crap shields

My Vette has 3358 with Bi-Weaves. With 7A it has 4596 (edit: and more than 5600 with Prismatics)

Thanks for all the advice. After going over the numbers I will be keeping the 7A shields. My shield engineering was a legacy mod so I upgraded to the newer engineered version for my shields and added a 5D Guardian shield booster and got a 15.8% increase in shield strength. I will be looking at all of your suggestions and tweek some more. Thanks again for the help.

This is my signature Corvette LRV Lurking Fear
(a dual SCB build)
Running when shields drop is not necessary.

Test fight against Paul above (in his Conda though)

Was missing that sweet corrosive buff once shields dropped. Frags loose lot's of their dps without it. I have one now for next time, plus a PA surprise.

I used a lot of the info you CMDRS shared with me and made the following adjustments: I switched from 4 level 5 resistance augmented shield boosters and 2 heavy duty shield boosters to 3 resistance and 3 heavy duty. I had all 6 shield boosters upgraded from legacy mod to current level 5 with super capacitors. I added a 5D Guardian shield booster. My shield strength has gone from 2807 mJ to 4286 mJ for over a 50% increase in shield strength. I was surprised to see my power requirements went down with the upgraded shield boosters. I still want to upgrade my 7A shield generator with a level 5 legacy mod to the latest engineering but overall I am very pleased so far. Thanks for all the help.

I built my CZ PVE corvette for resistances and fast regen. My absolute shields are at 3k and resistance adjusted shields were between 7k to 10k each (8,8k thermal). There is total of over 7k SCB capacity also that are meant to be used while shooting the thermal vent beam and if there is any heat damage left, the AFMU fixes that. https://s.orbis.zone/5zx0

Combining bi-weaves with high resistances kind of double dips on the biweave's highest strength that is the fast regen. If you resist 2/3 of the damage you can multiply your regen by 3 compared to a shield that has no resistances (for thermal for example) when thinking of how long you can stay fighting without having to stop for shield regens or how effective your SCBs are for restoring effective shield values. Resistance adjusted that 7k SCB in this example of my ship tanks around 20k thermal damage. For absolute damage the biweaves are not that hot so those are always the threat that needs to be eliminated first.

7k hull armour 4k biweaves fast charge.
An enzyme missile in a 2 slot the rest beams. Overcharge thermal vent.
When their shields drop fire missile then smoke em real quick. Works! Oh yus

Not having any module protection ? Hmm.
That no one shoots through the shield at all ?

Yeah, I was running that ship before I went on a loooong exploration trip. NPCs did not use to shoot through shields then. If they do that now then I would probably make at least these 2 small changes in the internals: https://s.orbis.zone/6rua if there is even more shield bypass then there is a lot more room to improve also the hull resistances in there without affecting the build a lot.

Top Bottom