Ships Corvette significantly more maneuverable than Anaconda?

Not sure, whether the tedious rank grind is worth it for me.
As the Anaconda has slightly better firepower (with a laser and multi cannon build) and much better jump range, the only argument for me in favor of the Corvette is maneuverability (more fun to fly).
However, if I open EDSY and put a grade 5 dirty drag drive on both stock ships, I get the following values:

Anaconda
36.8 pitch
98.3 roll

Corvette
37.5 pitch
112.4 roll

So the roll is significantly better, but the pitch is almost the same. As the Corvette is supposed to be much more maneuverable, what am I missing? Are the values on EDSY for the Corvette wrong? Or is there something in the flight models which can't be measured with these values?

The vette is way more maneuverable. And has more firepower, and is faster, and can carry more cargo, it's superior in every way but jump range.
Can the corvette go 400ms loaded down ? Nope.

The corvette is actually not more maneuverable, the ratings in the shipyard arent right.

Youve got the firepower if you only count hardpoints, the beluga can ram

The corvette is tankier but good luck catching the beluga (which still has a very good amount of hull)

Can the corvette go 400ms loaded down ? Nope.

The corvette is actually not more maneuverable, the ratings in the shipyard arent right.

Youve got the firepower if you only count hardpoints, the beluga can ram

The corvette is tankier but good luck catching the beluga (which still has a very good amount of hull)

He asked about the anaconda vs the vette, vette is far superior for everything but jump range. And since you really wanted to know: with a full combat loadout my vette does 360 with clean drive tuning, 3100 shield, a fighter, and two massive 4a guns. And it can out ram you, since the amount of impact damage is based on the mass of the ship and is much less for the one doing the ramming, you have no chance.

He asked about the anaconda vs the vette, vette is far superior for everything but jump range. And since you really wanted to know: with a full combat loadout my vette does 360 with clean drive tuning, 3100 shield, a fighter, and two massive 4a guns. And it can out ram you, since the amount of impact damage is based on the mass of the ship and is much less for the one doing the ramming, you have no chance.
Thats great but my beluga has 7k hull and goes 400ms with fighters. I can pull up the coriolis stats if you want to see that the beluga is actually more agile. The beluga has the speed and the mass to easily ram t10s. Ive done it before.

If you have every flown a G5 engineered Python, you will find a G5 engineered vette to fly similarly but without the boost stall of the Python.

My current config is all MCs with plasma cannons on the huge hardpoints. Lotsa fun. :)

Thats great but my beluga has 7k hull and goes 400ms with fighters. I can pull up the coriolis stats if you want to see that the beluga is actually more agile. The beluga has the speed and the mass to easily ram t10s. Ive done it before.

Yea, and I've rammed T10s with my vette. So what. What's with this beluga spam you keep posting in threads that have nothing to do with that thing?

Yea, and I've rammed T10s with my vette. So what. What's with this beluga spam you keep posting in threads that have nothing to do with that thing?
Im saying he should get a beluga instead because its better. You could have just disagreed with me and moved on but i keep getting "(name) quoted your post" in my inbox

I own both of these ships and they are both fully engineered and the Corvette is hands down more maneuverable than the Anaconda. Maneuverability was the original question of your post.

In another Thread somebody gave me the values of his G5 DDD Corvette to compare them to the values if my Anaconda. Hre we go:

said:
It's propably because most maneuvers consist of some amounts of pitch, yaw AND roll, where the Vette outmatches the Conda.
Thus it feels better, although the pure stats for pitch and yaw don't look that much better.

My combat 'Vette LRV Lurking Fear has the following stats with maxed out DD5s:
pitch 40.04°/s
roll 107.26°/s
yaw 11.44°/s
(all ingame)
Ok, here are the ingame values of my Anaconda, the Defiant:
Pitch 40.23 °/s
Roll 96.54 °/s
Yaw 16.09 °/s

So a G5 DDD Anaconda turns as fast as a G5 DDD Corvette. Rolls slower, but has a significantly better jaw movement.

In another Thread somebody gave me the values of his G5 DDD Corvette to compare them to the values if my Anaconda. Hre we go:

Pitch 40.23 °/s
Roll 96.54 °/s
Yaw 16.09 °/s

So a G5 DDD Anaconda turns as fast as a G5 DDD Corvette. Rolls slower, but has a significantly better jaw movement.

Yup, everyone here who says otherwise, based on actually flying both, are full of it. :rolleyes:

You're convinced that a conda flies better, so fly it and be done with it.

Pitch 40.23 °/s
Roll 96.54 °/s
Yaw 16.09 °/s

Looks like your build is a little lighter than something comparable to the build @Bigmaec posted.
If you build a comparable Anaconda (Build link) you get:
Pitch 38°/s
Roll 92°/s
Yaw 15°/s
You also missing 10m/s, 1300MJ Shield, and 3400MJ SCB.

Yep. As someone who spends most of his ED time pve bounty hunting in a HAZ, when fitted with identical core internals, shield boosters, shields, and similar HRPS & MRPS (I prefer hull tanks over shields tanks cause I dont wanna deal with power & heat concerns), the vette is noticeably more maneuverable. The conda was my first love, but I really only use it these days when I cant be bothered jumping or transferring the vette a long distance across the bubble.

As I understand it the Corvette is nearly equal to the Anaconda in X/Y/Z performance at 75% throttle but more maneuverable than the Anaconda at either full (100%) throttle or at low (25%) throttle settings but I have no direct experience of this, only hearsay. I consider the Corvette and Anaconda to have almost equal Z/Y/Z performance in normal space.

As I understand it the Corvette is nearly equal to the Anaconda in X/Y/Z performance at 75% throttle but more maneuverable than the Anaconda at either full (100%) throttle or at low (25%) throttle settings but I have no direct experience of this, only hearsay. I consider the Corvette and Anaconda to have almost equal Z/Y/Z performance in normal space.

The conda drifts a fair chunk more when using boost, as well. Its not cutter levels of terribad, but its there and you'll notice it when you're in a haz trying to smash out a stack of pirate massacres as quickly as possible.

Yup, everyone here who says otherwise, based on actually flying both, are full of it. :rolleyes:

You're convinced that a conda flies better, so fly it and be done with it.

Look, people have different opinions about the maneuverability difference. I like to take a look at the numbers, they are objective. At the same time I ask for maneuverability differences, which are not accounted for by these three values, like drift.
Before I start the grind, I want to know, what I will get.

The Anaconda/Corvette comparison seems to be a topic, which is highly emotional to some people. Some statements are obviously wrong, e.g. the Corvette has more firepower than the Anaconda. Sometimes people don't have both ships with G5 DDD and compare them based on G3 DDD which makes a huge difference. Or their Anaconda is fully loaded with armor, which eliminates the mass advantage the Anaconda has and makes it turn much slower. While this is absolutely true, it is just not my use case. I only do single player, so I don't need armor or SCBs and I am running my Anaconda as light as possible.

That said, I started the grind yesterday.
When so many people fall in love with it, there must be something special to this ship :)

Last edited:
Not entirely correct on the mass advantage thing. Just took the conda for a quick spin after slapping some larger HRPs on the conda (I left my original conda & vette back in Colonia, and bought new ones here for the bubble, and have been ing around with different sized G5 heavy duty HRPs to see if I could improve maneuverability while still mainting a hull tank level of armour) its armour up to around 8200. The vette currently has mostly 4D G5 heavy duty HRPs, with just over 6000 armour. The core internals and shield setup for each are still identical, the vette weighs about 450 tonnes more than the conda, but the conda still handles like the vette's fatter brother. I gave up up after 10 minutes and transferred the vette over to where I was.

The conda isnt a terrible ship, but once you're used to getting the most out of the vettes better flight controls, its hard to pass up for extended pve haz hunting.

Not entirely correct on the mass advantage thing. Just took the conda for a quick spin after slapping some larger HRPs on the conda (I left my original conda & vette back in Colonia, and bought new ones here for the bubble, and have been ing around with different sized G5 heavy duty HRPs to see if I could improve maneuverability while still mainting a hull tank level of armour) its armour up to around 8200. The vette currently has mostly 4D G5 heavy duty HRPs, with just over 6000 armour. The core internals and shield setup for each are still identical, the vette weighs about 450 tonnes more than the conda, but the conda still handles like the vette's fatter brother. I gave up up after 10 minutes and transferred the vette over to where I was.

The conda isnt a terrible ship, but once you're used to getting the most out of the vettes better flight controls, its hard to pass up for extended pve haz hunting.

With mass advantage I mean: The Anaconda can only compete with the Corvette in terms of pitch rate because of the unrealistic low base mass. If you put tons of armor on both ships, the maneuverability of the Anaconda will suffer much more than the maneuverability of the Corvette.

Do you have G5 DDD on both ships? If yes and the pitch rates are almost identical: Can you describe, what makes the big difference for you? Is it the roll speed or different out of blue zone behavior or different drift?

Top Bottom