Cosmetics are missing something important.

Used to drive a python loved the ship hated the cockpit, asked several times if there could be a buy a new cockpit section added to the shop. Now I drive a Cutter because in VR your surroundings matter more then when you play on a monitor.

I would also like the crap in game stick and throttle to be swapped out with reps of my Warthog Kit, this would greatly increase the realism of flying for me, I also use pedals so that twisty stick they have in use really annoys me.

Just my view but then I’ve just added two new revenue streams to the game, for very little work.

Call it £5 for a cockpit and £10 for the stick and throttle replacements

Because of VR I mostly fly Lakon ships. Certainly, the cockpit is exposed, but after the first time I landed on a planet with a T6, any other ship seemed to have its view too blocked.

I know you get bobbleheads and fairy-lights.

But seriousy Frontier, I would pay to have an option to have my cockpit look more "lived-in", with trash rolling around my feet. Loose stuff in your ship would also be dangerous.

And while we at it, howcome there aren't any trucker-caps? Do space-truckers not have space trucker caps?
There can't be trash rolling around your feet when not on a planet or in a rotating station, because there is no artificial gravity.
That said, I'd love to be able to change colours and details in my cockpit.

Given the Remlock can cut of compromised limbs if needed to provide a seal, I dont think a hat would matter to the Remlock

Its job is to protect you from the month old pizza crust poking your eye out when you take a sharp left.

Space™

Though I suppose it is something Frontier seem to be moving away from a bit. I don't think they've sunk quite so low as...

Beer Can Rolling on the Floor™

...yet though.

🤪

I’ve never really understood the point of the hologram image of the ship sits in the middle of the shield rings indicator. It seems to serve no functionality.

I’d like a hologram rendering of COVAS. Of course, it would serve no functionality but it would be better than look at the rear end of my ship.
It always bothered me that it didn't change with the ship kits either. I'd probably use them more if it did.

Because of VR I mostly fly Lakon ships. Certainly, the cockpit is exposed, but after the first time I landed on a planet with a T6, any other ship seemed to have its view too blocked.

Yeah it’s like the whole point of living in the future is lost on the FD staff, you have a space shop that has 1970s technology integrated in to it.

We could have so many new options like change the scanner to do different things, and there’s the middle control screen when you lock on to an object the screen should change to show the object and it’s stats, plus it should automatically lock on to say the power plant if you are in fight mode as I think that’s what everyone shoots at the most.

Just lots and lots of little missed opportunities all over the place.

Last edited:
Yup CENTER CONSOLE really needs to be changed for the better, pilots have knee boards so that they can look down quickly read whats needed and then adjust whatever needs adjusting. FD put a nice screen right between me knees where I can just glance down and use it for nothing.

Fighting Targeting Scanning Plotting sighs

There can't be trash rolling around your feet when not on a planet or in a rotating station, because there is no artificial gravity.
That said, I'd love to be able to change colours and details in my cockpit.
Good lord could you imagine how much more hazardous it would get trying to fly/dock? Rack up fines because the damn burger wrapper got in your face

I know you get bobbleheads and fairy-lights.

But seriousy Frontier, I would pay to have an option to have my cockpit look more "lived-in", with trash rolling around my feet.

And while we at it, howcome there aren't any trucker-caps? Do space-truckers not have space trucker caps?
I'd prefer to see wear from use as an element of the game outside cosmetics. Be neat to start off with a shiny new ship (or a somewhat battered one if we ever get a used shipyard option) and see it gradually take a beating with the odd repair and so on. Give you more a sense of attachmsent and history to your ships. You'd want the option to refurbish to bring things back up to (or close to) spec but that is then a thing you actively do. Perhaps have cosmetics around other elements of the cockpit like panel colours and textures and some other props.

Top Bottom