Cosmetics are missing something important.

A lot of great ideas here.
Obligatory:

Generally a little more variation to the visual experience of the cockpit/HUD would make the game better. So would adding a teaspoon of humor. Like when you crash into the landing pad at an engineer because you hit boost instead of landing gear, and the voice on the radio goes: "Your arrival has been noted".

Not a ship / cockpit item but I would like to see the holo-me have a chin-strap beard option - if they did that then all my commanders would stop being female avatars ('cos who wants to see an ugly bloke all the time).

It's funny reading what people want as cosmetics....each to their own.

I think whatever happens the quality of some of the cosmetics needs to improve. A few of the paint jobs and ship kits are quite poorly done and if FD want ARX and cosmetics to really become a major income stream (it is already I know but more so) then I think they need to invest more effort into making higher quality cosmetics.

I would love an official HUD colour scheme changer and more customisation for cockpits...perhaps cockpit layout and ship interior customisation will be a thing in late 2020?

Each and every ship having the EXACT SAME HUD color, position, and layout is one of the worst things it's got going. I know this is not limited to just ED (X4 I'm looking at you too). This is the place we always sit doing everything so a little variance and customization here would be a huge plus. Upgrades that allow for additional information screens maybe so some info is always visible that's normally hidden in other UI tabs?

I'd love to be able to choose either a pristine, new-ship-smell cockpit, or a lived-in ship with broken corners, extra wires run, duct tape on the dash, ect.

I'm flying a Keelback miner so I like it's... ahem... spartan, distressed cockpit appearance but maybe someone else wants it to look like brand-new new plastic in the their Camry.

Each and every ship having the EXACT SAME HUD color, position, and layout is one of the worst things it's got going. I know this is not limited to just ED (X4 I'm looking at you too). This is the place we always sit doing everything so a little variance and customization here would be a huge plus. Upgrades that allow for additional information screens maybe so some info is always visible that's normally hidden in other UI tabs?

I'd love to be able to choose either a pristine, new-ship-smell cockpit, or a lived-in ship with broken corners, extra wires run, duct tape on the dash, ect.

I'm flying a Keelback miner so I like it's... ahem... spartan, distressed cockpit appearance but maybe someone else wants it to look like brand-new new plastic in the their Camry.
Yeah this is a very cheap solution but I can understand that if they want to release a big number of ships they need to be cheap somewhere. In VR for example this is less noticeable.
I agree on the color. Every ship (or at least manufacturer) should have a unique color scheme.

I know you get bobbleheads and fairy-lights.

But seriousy Frontier, I would pay to have an option to have my cockpit look more "lived-in", with trash rolling around my feet.

And while we at it, howcome there aren't any trucker-caps? Do space-truckers not have space trucker caps?

Grease-stained remlok wifebeater, and tanned left driver side elbow? :p

Last edited:
I would pull good money out of my Arx for refreshed ship interiors so that a new ship really does feel new. I'm fed up of Falcon Delacy ships feeling like a clapped out sofa from the 1980's complete with busted springs. New interiors and upholstery would be awesome.

Completely stupid ideas that I want that will never happen.

Whenever your hull drops below 20%, your head snaps round behind yoyr seat to see the Robot from the original Lost In Space, waving his arms about, shouting “Danger! Danger!”

If you’re ranked anything below Elite in combat, killing anything ranked higher than you, your head snaps round to the co-pilot seat to see Chewbacca give you a short supportive growl.

Failing that, Chewbacca’s gun belt just draped across my dash.

I’d like to be able to change the honk noise.

Blue flashing light on the dash.

Leslie Nielsen to pop in the cockpit occasionally to wish me luck and let me know that everyone is counting on me.

Slippers by my chair.

More than anything, a stereo that plays tunes I load into it.

Top Bottom