Cost of Building a Park

Noob question here...

When the game is released, approximately how much money would we start with, and how much do parts cost for creating buildings and such? Creating a nice-looking building could easily take hundreds of parts and I can see blowing a large percentage of the start-up cash on one or two buildings, leaving little for rides and operating costs.

I would love to know this too, but I guess we have to wait till they start to roll out the management simulation phases of the alpha. Hopefully they have cheatcodes to gain more money just in case [squeeeeee]

Last edited:
I hope they are going to use big bucks in this game. Not like before in RCT where a complete rollercoaster would cost you about $10,000. Building stuff was way to cheap in relation to the prices your visitors were paying. You didn't really have to try to make money to expand your park and rides.

You can't possibly determine this upfront.

All the prices, whether it be the money you start of it or the prices things cost all depend upon each other and require a lot of balancing.
I'm sure that we won't know the exact number until the game / management phase is released.

I assume there will be a sandbox mode for the people who just want to build pretty parks.

However I do hope that they balance it with a few difficulty modes and make the hardest difficulty level actually quite challenging in terms of finances. Previous RCT games were a bit too easy to extract every last penny from your guests imo. It's my only real concern at the moment that they haven't said much about the management sim other than 'it will be more in depth than previous RCT games'. The alpha seems to have been received very well by testers so far with most of the game missing but hopefully they haven't spent all their resources on making all the attractive content at the expense of a good management simulation like that which made the original RCT so addictive.

Certain things like major terraforming should definitely cost a lot on the hardest difficulty and hopefully some of the scenarios are designed to make building a challenge.

Perhaps for buildings and coasters they could have a 'blueprint' or design mode where you can design the buildings and rides and see how they would look it your park before having to pay for it?

I assume there will be a sandbox mode for the people who just want to build pretty parks.

However I do hope that they balance it with a few difficulty modes and make the hardest difficulty level actually quite challenging in terms of finances. Previous RCT games were a bit too easy to extract every last penny from your guests imo. It's my only real concern at the moment that they haven't said much about the management sim other than 'it will be more in depth than previous RCT games'. The alpha seems to have been received very well by testers so far with most of the game missing but hopefully they haven't spent all their resources on making all the attractive content at the expense of a good management simulation like that which made the original RCT so addictive.

Certain things like major terraforming should definitely cost a lot on the hardest difficulty and hopefully some of the scenarios are designed to make building a challenge.

Perhaps for buildings and coasters they could have a 'blueprint' or design mode where you can design the buildings and rides and see how they would look it your park before having to pay for it?

What I would like to see is the ability to landscape and design a park in Sandbox Mode, then to be able to convert it into a Playable Scenario. This would enable you to have something similar to the two landscaped sandbox parks in the Early Access.

I hope they are going to use big bucks in this game. Not like before in RCT where a complete rollercoaster would cost you about $10,000. Building stuff was way to cheap in relation to the prices your visitors were paying. You didn't really have to try to make money to expand your park and rides.

I'm with you on this! Even in RCTW flat rides are like $500 what the actual **** let's get some reasonable realism on the pricing.

I'm with you on this! Even in RCTW flat rides are like $500 what the actual **** let's get some reasonable realism on the pricing.

If I got it right RCTW charged me $1,500 for about 10m of path and only $400 for the ferris wheel.

The difficulty setting mentioned above would be great. That way people can play the way they want.

I actually like it being so low, but maybe that's just me. You can always make the assumption that it's in thousands. [haha]

Top Bottom