Could duplicate issues on the Issue tracker be merged?

Hi. After interacting with Issue tracker, I've decided to ask for improvements to be made.

not demands*

Duplicate issues being merged.

At least 1 employee per game, each work day, going thru the unconfirmed section merging duplicates, and other responsibilities. < Some may be located in confirmed and acknowledged. (Some games will take more effort)

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Moved to General Off topic out of "Games by Frontier Developments"
If the Issues Tracker had that ability I'm sure that would already be done by the Support team. But would be nice to have

Last edited:
Are you paying?
? No.
I'm not Frontier Developments

Moved to General Off topic out of "Games by Frontier Developments"
If the Issues Tracker had that ability I'm sure that would already be done by the Support team. But would be nice to have
Which is why I'm asking for duplicate issue merger ability/possibility. Because right now it "appears" as if They're just locked. (though I don't know how it works on their end)

It's not the mechanical difficulty of merging threads. You need someone to understand what the issue is (from the sometimes frothy rants people post) and you'd need some dev level understanding of the game to know what's actually worth merging. It wouldn't just be a CM's job, they can guess that something might be the same issue but they wouldn't really know unless they have a dev background.

It would be a full time job for probably a junior dev. That'd be expensive. If you have someone merging threads willy-nilly you're just going to get more complaints.

We already have an issue with people fixing things that aren't bugs just because a lot of people moaned - like the Connection Initiation Popup stopping the game from starting. It doesn't stop it anymore, but you still can't play the game cause you can't connect anyway! But, good job! It got fixed! 🤦‍♂️

It's not the mechanical difficulty of merging threads. You need someone to understand what the issue is (from the sometimes frothy rants people post) and you'd need some dev level understanding of the game to know what's actually worth merging. It wouldn't just be a CM's job, they can guess that something might be the same issue but they wouldn't really know unless they have a dev background.

It would be a full time job for probably a junior dev. That'd be expensive. If you have someone merging threads willy-nilly you're just going to get more complaints.

We already have an issue with people fixing things that aren't bugs just because a lot of people moaned - like the Connection Initiation Popup stopping the game from starting. It doesn't stop it anymore, but you still can't play the game cause you can't connect anyway! But, good job! It got fixed! 🤦‍♂️
Well they do already mark issues as duplicates. Just trying to ask / suggest if the issues could be merged.

Though bunch of the marked duplicates are for acknowledged issue reports. So I don't know if it would provide benefits I'm hoping for.
Though the possibility to merge issues may be of benefit to look at.

I'm not Frontier Developments
So why are you telling them where to spend their money with no indication of where they should get it. At least tell them if they should be fixing less / optimizing the FPS less / doing less patches / testing less. I'm sure they need your input on how to spend their money,

So why are you telling them where to spend their money with no indication of where they should get it. At least tell them if they should be fixing less / optimizing the FPS less / doing less patches / testing less. I'm sure they need your input on how to spend their money,
Fine,
mods if you see this. If you agree, just delete the thread.

*(My opinion ) It's Just a Wild idea just thrown about, with assurance it's not a demand. They'll probably not notice anyway.

Top Bottom