Could Fdevs PLEASE add native support for Thrustmasters TFRP pedals?

Recently I acquired a Thrustmaster flight pedal unit which can now be set up to mirror the rudder control on the stick, but would it be possible to get the Playstation version to recognize the last 3 axes that the T.Flight Hotas 4 is programed for as these are reserved for the Pedals

Yeah they work on Eve.
To be honest I probably wouldn’t use them as I’ve been using the twisty stick too long. But they would work well as gas and break pedals when out in the srv.

Mapping for the new joystick specifically built for the most recent ‘Ace Combat’ game would be good too. Something more durable that didn’t keep breaking would be simply marvellous.

Mapping for the new joystick specifically built for the most recent ‘Ace Combat’ game would be good too. Something more durable that didn’t keep breaking would be simply marvellous.
Its a DS4 clone the hori stick... the Console does not Know the Hori stick is even connected, it only sees a DS4 pad wired controller... The TM hotas is not a DS4 controller clone so is seen as a stand alone device connected via USB thats also why games don't work with the TM hotas unless specificly coded...

Its a DS4 clone the hori stick... the Console does not Know the Hori stick is even connected, it only sees a DS4 pad wired controller... The TM hotas is not a DS4 controller clone so is seen as a stand alone device connected via USB thats also why games don't work with the TM hotas unless specificly coded...
!

Yeah they work on Eve.
To be honest I probably wouldn’t use them as I’ve been using the twisty stick too long. But they would work well as gas and break pedals when out in the srv.
They're great for lazy steering around stars. But yeah the pedals would be perfect for SRVs, and it'd be nice to have a couple extra mappable controls.

Guys, asking special PS4 favours is a complete waste of time. I am not sure some of you realise the current state of Elite (across platforms), and especially the fact that noone, noone is "in charge" of the PS4 side of things.

"But what about Lloyd?" - I hear you say.

Well, for quite a while now Lloyd has been moved to Planet Coaster. There is currently a sum total of zero developers exclusively (or even non-exclusively) working on special PS4 implementation/bugfixing/compatibility with peripherals/PSVR.

And no amount of forum threads is gonna change that.

^^^This is so pathetically true. How can you charge that kind of money for cosmetics and then offer zero support for one of the platforms. I too bought a TFRP, got sick of having to unlock and lock the twist rudder with a screwdriver, so I returned it. Support had nothing helpful to say. My big hangup is having to play this game 100% on HOTAS, navigating the menus with the hat switch becomes seriously painful.

Every question I send FDev gets a muted or delayed response, multiple unhelpful jabs, and in this case ultimately something like "sorry maybe you can contact Sony?". I work at a niche tech company, and we would never in a thousand years treat our customers or design approach this way. It's beyond tasteless and unethical. At first I was unsure how there could be so much negativity in one community, now I know.

At first I was unsure how there could be so much negativity in one community, now I know.

I was exactly like you. Enthusiastic, wide-eyed, could not wait to play this game. I did have a very cool couple of months with it, but then slowly, slowly, I started to realise things.

Did I get my proverbial "money's worth"? Sure.
Is Elite a game that lives up to its potential, up to 2019 standards of polish, and with an active and supporting developer behind? Nope.

I'm all for game as service models, and I honestly would feel positive about spending cash on cosmetics to support this type of approach. Hoping the II CG at least brings PS4 CMDRs out, because it's obvious most have given up on this platform.

Last edited:
I was exactly like you. Enthusiastic, wide-eyed, could not wait to play this game. I did have a very cool couple of months with it, but then slowly, slowly, I started to realise things.

Did I get my proverbial "money's worth"? Sure.
Is Elite a game that lives up to its potential, up to 2019 standards of polish, and with an active and supporting developer behind? Nope.
I'm curious how do you feel about the game? What is your criteria for 2019 standards of polish? What you were expecting from the game and where does it fail for you?

For me I got everything I was looking for and more. Is there room for improvement for Elite and for Elite on the PS4? Yes, but thats the same for most games. Personally I wish more console games approached the walk/run/sprint mechanic in the same or similar way to GTA where the analog stick defaulted to walk and you have to put an effort in someway to run or sprint. (but that is a different conversation for a different place). With Elite I got the best space flight game since Freelancer that truly let delve into my favorite part of that game: Exploration, this time very few things are scripted and the scale is the most realistic I've seen. Not just in size but in the little details such as orbits of stellar bodies. I couldn't care less about PSVR would it be great to have, sure, do I need it, no. My biggest wishes for Elite would be supercruise from system to system, rouge planets, and greater variety of SRVs (and that the SRV bay functioned like the SLF bay with materials for manufacturing spares). But in this case I would just like for the game to recognize all EIGHT axes of the T.Flight 4 that are supported by Playstation not just the 5 built into the base. Not here to debate the likelihood of it happening but short of getting a job at Frontier Devs and making it a personal initiative, this is the best I or anyone else can do.

Lloyd Morgan-Moore

Producer
Frontier
Guys, asking special PS4 favours is a complete waste of time. I am not sure some of you realise the current state of Elite (across platforms), and especially the fact that noone, noone is "in charge" of the PS4 side of things.

"But what about Lloyd?" - I hear you say.

Well, for quite a while now Lloyd has been moved to Planet Coaster. There is currently a sum total of zero developers exclusively (or even non-exclusively) working on special PS4 implementation/bugfixing/compatibility with peripherals/PSVR.

And no amount of forum threads is gonna change that.

While I have indeed moved to Planet Coaster, an experienced producer has taken over my role on Elite. It wasn't abandoned! He even got my old desk. :p

While I have indeed moved to Planet Coaster, an experienced producer has taken over my role on Elite. It wasn't abandoned! He even got my old desk. :p
Hi Lloyd, is he too embarrassed to introduce himself to the community? If not, it seems odd that he would let the previous assumption persist for so long...

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Hi Lloyd, is he too embarrassed to introduce himself to the community? If not, it seems odd that he would let the previous assumption persist for so long...

In Lloyds defence he probably could not answer half he stuff we asked, although lots of stuff just never did which was very disappointing. This question being one of the many thrown Lloyds way. It would be nice to know who has taken over the not being able to answer our questions though. :)

giphy.gif

Top Bottom