Could Frontier please demonstrate how to use the FSS enjoyably?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
expecting all people to like anything is exceedingly foolish. there isn't one thing anywhere, that's been created by someone, that everyone everywhere is fond of. just the idea that someone would think that's even a possibility is hilarious

Conflict?
Wealth?
Toilets with running water?
Hard pressed to think of anyone who doesn’t like toilets with running water.
Sanitation systems?
Pretty sure no one dislikes these either.

Still hilarious?

Conflict?
Wealth?
Toilets with running water?
Hard pressed to think of anyone who doesn’t like toilets with running water.
Sanitation systems?
Pretty sure no one dislikes these either.

Still hilarious?
I'm pretty sure Aborigines aren't too fond of toilets with running water. same with The Amish, Mennonites and Harmonites. This world has no short supply of idiots or indigenous peoples that refused to move on with the rest of the world

I'm pretty sure Aborigines aren't too fond of toilets with running water. same with The Amish, Mennonites and Harmonites. This world has no short supply of idiots or indigenous peoples that refused to move on with the rest of the world

Something of an authority on the Amish. They have flushing toilets. I’ll have to do some checking with Aboriginal people to get a consensus on toilets there though. I do know at least one Inuit tribe that is glad to have them though. Harmonites - there’s a name I’ve not heard in decades. Half my family is from Economy Borough (Ambridge, PA) and there is no shortage of toilets there, except on Cabbage and Noodles Friday.

Last edited:
Something of an authority on the Amish. They have flushing toilets. I’ll have to do some checking with Aboriginal people to get a consensus on toilets there though. I do know at least one Inuit tribe that is glad to have them though.
I live in Amish country they don't have flushing toilets maybe some liberal ordons that might have some kind of stuff but like that. anyone can say their authority on anything on the internet doesn't make you one. This whole thread is stupid. the whole conversation in this thread is stupid. there's nothing that's ever going to be considered that can convince the person to enjoy something he obviously chooses not to enjoy. this thread is stupid and it needs to be closed. the only thing this thread is good for is how stupid it is.

I live in Amish country they don't have flushing toilets maybe some liberal ordons that might have some kind of stuff but like that. anyone can say their authority on anything on the internet doesn't make you one. This whole thread is stupid. the whole conversation in this thread is stupid. there's nothing that's ever going to be considered that can convince the person to enjoy something he obviously chooses not to enjoy. this thread is stupid and it needs to be closed. the only thing this thread is good for is how stupid it is.

I live next door to Amish country, and they have water. They also have electricity in their barns, but only in their barns, so as to be able to be compliant with FDA regulations for milk and cheese processing. These sorts of things are brought up to their local counsels and debated by the elders, and if consensus is reached and these “modern trappings” are agreed to be both necessary and will not otherwise interfere with their lifestyle, they can and are adopted by that community.

This digression has reached its terminus. There’s nothing particularly stupid about this thread; it’s peoples’ feelings. Granted those are pretty stupid, and none of us should have them, but we do, and this is what we do with them.

So how are they going to tell you? Or do the dogs in your country communicate in your native language 🐶

Perhaps I should have been specific and suggested green :p

While we can't ask dogs to read an eye chart or pick out colors, behavioral tests suggest that dogs see in shades of yellow and blue and lack the ability to see the range of colors from green to red. In other words, dogs see the colors of the world as basically yellow, blue, and gray.

You are being obtuse on purpose, just by seeing the cones in their eyes we can know what colors they can see. Also, the italics part agrees with what I said, yellow and blue are colors.

you're missing the point. regardless of if the dogs can see colors they can't communicate with you their feelings about them.

The point had two components:

1º Dogs can't talk to you, (but they can communicate with you).

2º Dogs can't see colors, thus, it's impossible to ask them about something they can't experience.

I debunked 2º.

The point had two components:

1º Dogs can't talk to you, (but they can communicate with you).

2º Dogs can't see colors, thus, it's impossible to ask them about something they can't experience.

I debunked 2º.
That's one interpretation of it. One could read it as asking a dog to describe a color bar as either black or white. Black or white being comparative to good or bad. But we all know, only sith dogs deal in absolutes

That's one interpretation of it. One could read it as asking a dog to describe a color bar as either black or white. Black or white being comparative to good or bad. But we all know, only sith dogs deal in absolutes

"a bit like asking a dog to describe any colour bar black or white"

Your interpretation would make the original statement gramatically incorrect not to mention that Ratkatcher didn't mention anything about color bars afterwards.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom