General Gameplay Could we have ambient birds flying over our parks occasionally?

When I played Jurassic park operation genesis, zoo tycoon 2, and roller coaster tycoon 3, I had ambient birds flying over my parks. I loved those tiny guys as it adds life to my parks besides the animals and guests I placed, like there is a world beyond my park.

Could we get flying ambient birds in JWE? It will add to the atmosphere like parrots in maps in the middle of the island, and seabirds in maps near the sea. 🐦

Yeah, I always felt bad that the parrots only appear when we remove trees. I made a request a looooong time ago to ask if we could get the parrots to escape from the trees sometimes if a large carnivore roars loudly. Like they are spooked from the large carnivores as well.

I just like the scope of scale these birds bring into the game. When zoomed out alot, the dinosaurs feel rather small. If we have small birds fly by the brachiosaurus, it would remind us more of how big these dinosaurs actually are in the game! :)

There were a couple of similar threads I made myself a couple months ago, something I saved until 1.8 released so I don’t post whatever else the patch might come with.

This one was about how the varying map personalities can be boosted more with varying animals from birds to insects.

And this one was about how the macaws in-game can be expanded besides showing up when forest is added or removed.

FYI, there actually is a bird flock entity that can show up in the main menu behind the Innovation Center that I noticed fairly recently, but I know it’s a just script map placed entity only, something I don’t think the in-game maps can be upgraded with without breaking everyone’s saves. But, I think my ways in my two previous threads could work.

Yeah, I always felt bad that the parrots only appear when we remove trees. I made a request a looooong time ago to ask if we could get the parrots to escape from the trees sometimes if a large carnivore roars loudly. Like they are spooked from the large carnivores as well.

I just like the scope of scale these birds bring into the game. When zoomed out alot, the dinosaurs feel rather small. If we have small birds fly by the brachiosaurus, it would remind us more of how big these dinosaurs actually are in the game! :)

FYI, there actually is a bird flock entity that can show up in the main menu behind the Innovation Center that I noticed fairly recently, but I know it’s a just script map placed entity only, something I don’t think the in-game maps can be upgraded with without breaking everyone’s saves. But, I think my ways in my two previous threads could work.

Maybe they could make it so that when large dinos like trex or spino are stomping around the forset a trail of macaws escaping follows them.

Top Bottom