Dinosaurs Could we have the majungasaurus fight to kill members of their species if their food need is low?

I think the majungasaurus is the only dinosaur in the game that has been noted to show traces of cannibalism from fossil recordings. To make this late game dinosaur more interesting, could we have it that the majungasaurus to initiate death fights if they are in the red in their hunger meter?

That way, we could have a unique carnivore in the game that has cannibalism, and would be a surprise to players if they have not been feeding their majungasaurus well in the parks.

How do you know, it was because of starving? Just curious...
Well obviously we don't... but there isn't much better reason to eat your own kind beyond a need to eat and a lack of better options... unless it was scavenging maybe... but this is about fighting to the death for food, not scavenging...

Last edited:
I was thinking that we could have the carnivores attempt to break out if left hungry for long. That way a T-rex would chow down on guests before she will starve to death. The majunga would be unique in that before she sees guests as an option, she would consider eating her neighbor as a potential prey of choice.

I suppose at the moment there's no real consequences for not keeping your dinos fed, apart from the whole gradual dying. It does sort of make me wonder why they don't try to break out generally.

I suppose at the moment there's no real consequences for not keeping your dinos fed, apart from the whole gradual dying. It does sort of make me wonder why they don't try to break out generally.

Yeah, it always was weird how a giant predator would starve if there is no food option in her exhibit, but would break out and eat guests if there were not enough trees. I think having the predators at least break out and attempt to eat the guest would make sense as how carnivores are more dangerous than their herbivores besides the already high chance of them breaking out during a storm.

As far as I have experienced, the only times dinosaurs every break out would be:

• If they are mission dinosaurs that would require them to be triggered to make the mission difficult.
• If their comfort is low because:
  • Habitat needs not met
  • Social and population needs not met or exceeded
  • Have a storm trigger their comfort need
  • 100% comfort threshold
• If there was an opening from a poorly made exhibit, from gates being open, or from a tornado

I think including breakouts because of being too hungry would make sense at least for the carnivores. That way there is a much bigger risk if their hunger has not been properly satisfied, making their danger factor justified for the often higher star rating the herbivores would not be able to provide by default.

Top Bottom