Couldn't wait for carriers

Utopia couldn't wait for carriers so began constructing it's own capital ship. (Heh... Very not to scale)

the farragut is roughly 20 inches long. The conda is over a foot. To make it scale, i'd probably have to print an anaconda that is about the size of the tip of my pinky.

Printed at 0.06mm layer height with a .3mm nozzle. If you add the print times of each section together, it took just under 200 hours to print.

Still much more prepping to do before I throw a base coat on and get ready to paint them all up to add to my fleet. It's not as big as my Enterprise J ...but it's much prettier (i got impatient with that one).

High Enforcer Zaan will be very pleased with his new capital ship. It's going to be fully decked out with a mean paint job and lots of decals. Will be called the U.E. GUARDIAN. (utopian enforcer).

UTOPIA!!!

Last edited:
Nice work OP.

Here's a pic' of my Cutter bothering a Farragut in-game, for scale. 😯

HfbSlmA.png

Utopia couldn't wait for carriers so began constructing it's own capital ship. (Heh... Very not to scale)

the farragut is roughly 20 inches long. The conda is over a foot. To make it scale, i'd probably have to print an anaconda that is about the size of the tip of my pinky.

Printed at 0.06mm layer height with a .3mm nozzle. If you add the print times of each section together, it took just under 200 hours to print.

Still much more prepping to do before I throw a base coat on and get ready to paint them all up to add to my fleet. It's not as big as my Enterprise J ...but it's much prettier (i got impatient with that one).

High Enforcer Zaan will be very pleased with his new capital ship. It's going to be fully decked out with a mean paint job and lots of decals. Will be called the U.E. GUARDIAN. (utopian enforcer).

UTOPIA!!!
Awesome. Really impressed :love:

Love the Farragut. Very nice work.
The Conda? Well, I’ve pooped things that very closely resembled a conda (landing gear and all), so points for effort at least. You very nicely polished that particular turd.

It`s my 50th Birthday soon, talking to the Mrs, and jokingly replied to her question, "what do you want for your birthday."

I replied and said"A 3d printer."

To my amazement, she replied, "sure, price one up."

I had a quick butcher on amazon, just to get the gist.

A load of choices and I have no clue which one would be a good buy.

Any Idea's Darth Ender?

Ender 3 printers are pretty common and affordable. I use a wanhao d6 clone but either way, I'd expect a decent printer to cost between 500 to 700 . Even if you spend that much, it'll still require a good amount of diy work and regular maintenance

Love the Farragut. Very nice work.
The Conda? Well, I’ve pooped things that very closely resembled a conda (landing gear and all), so points for effort at least. You very nicely polished that particular turd.

Aerodynamic sleek top half with a giant box bottom half? Ouch.

A Utopian tale from long ago:

Jaques Station was once very close to Pranav Antals territory and was almost expanded into- it was a grand experiment to see if Utopia could have a fleet carrier years before they were a thing and a mobile expansion.

Now, what would have happened if it had jumped, I don't know. It would have cost about 3 million CC upkeep in its last location, or could have broken Powerplay. Or, as some scholars have suggested, lead to LEVEL 2 and quiche Nirvana.

Cmdr Darth Ender, you have always been the greatest of my Enforcers. May your beams never overheat, and your hull never leak!

Top Bottom