CQC - Bots

For those who dislike bots, let it be an option.
In the middle of an exploration gameplay, or during a long Apex travel, I wish to do a quick CQC game, but I don't want to wait for other players, so I'm OK to add bots in that case.

Bots would be great.

The issue is that making competent bots which are fun to fight against is really really hard, and uh have you seen the AI in the regular game? Yeah those are just ships flying around a mostly empty void, now imagine them navigating complex spaces like the CQC structures.

Bots and rare occurrence of thargoids scouts with bonus cash for all
And why not a "hoard" mode? you go in with a few friends and have to clean all coming waves (be it humans or goids) the more the merrier 🧑‍🎄

Bots are really a last ditch answer to the problem that CQC is not really a part of the main game.
All sorts of ways they could incorporate CQC into the main game.

Make CQC a valid career choice. At least if you are any good. Top 10% players should earn the same way top 10% F1/Nascar racers earn.
Arx and mats/data for kills.
Leaderboards and who won the annual Achenar Classic Invitational, or whatever they would want to call a CQC event, should be plastered all over Galnet.
Allow players to pledge and earn PP merits for CQC kills/victories against players pledged for an opposing power.
Let players represent factions or earn sponsorships from factions and have their wins losses have some effect on that factions influence.
Sure why not add bots as well. But either, don't count kills/match wins against bots towards CQC rank, or count them for less towards rank and rewards. We don't really want another farming method doe we?

But I really think nothing is going to happen, we are talking about a virtually dead, offshoot part, of a game in it's final years.

Bots are really a last ditch answer to the problem that CQC is not really a part of the main game.
All sorts of ways they could incorporate CQC into the main game.

Make CQC a valid career choice. At least if you are any good. Top 10% players should earn the same way top 10% F1/Nascar racers earn.
Arx and mats/data for kills.
Leaderboards and who won the annual Achenar Classic Invitational, or whatever they would want to call a CQC event, should be plastered all over Galnet.
Allow players to pledge and earn PP merits for CQC kills/victories against players pledged for an opposing power.
Let players represent factions or earn sponsorships from factions and have their wins losses have some effect on that factions influence.
Sure why not add bots as well. But either, don't count kills/match wins against bots towards CQC rank, or count them for less towards rank and rewards. We don't really want another farming method doe we?

But I really think nothing is going to happen, we are talking about a virtually dead, offshoot part, of a game in it's final years.

I agree completely. At the bare minimum, boosting the profit to something even vaguely decent would be a good start; I've played it for dozens of hours and made less than I've made for a single mission that takes 10 minutes. You could increase the rewards 1000x and it would still be underpaying.

I'd also like to see some sort of engineering materials loot box system. Win 5 games a week and get a loot box containing 50 random materials.

Also add CQC buttons in Apex taxis and Fleet Carriers. When flying your taxi, you should be able to play CQC while you wait, and get an alert when you arrive. Same for fleet carriers waiting to jump. Even better if you could plot your FC's next jump from inside CQC, so you could play AND plot your carrier at the same time!

People would play CQC if there were literally ANY motivation to do so.

Top Bottom