CQC got a huge fix

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let people know that the previous patch had a pretty big hidden update for the CQC matchmaker system. Now it is possible to start a Deathmatch (DM) game with only 2 players, and Team Deathmatch (TDM) / Capture the flag (CTF) can be started with 4 players. Previously we have needed 4 players for DM and 6 players for TDM / CTF. This is a pretty big deal, and will make it so much easier finding a match.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let people know that the previous patch had a pretty big hidden update for the CQC matchmaker system. Now it is possible to start a Deathmatch (DM) game with only 2 players, and Team Deathmatch (TDM) / Capture the flag (CTF) can be started with 4 players. Previously we have needed 4 players for DM and 6 players for TDM / CTF. This is a pretty big deal, and will make it so much easier finding a match.
Ohh.... Great! Thank you for sharing!!! It's one of those sides of the marvelous Elite's realm I always promising myself to dive deeper into at some point. Long term goal doesn't change since years now: 4x ELITE!:)

I would very much like to be able to queue for a cqc while ingame. I think that would bring in much more players.
Still haven't got into a game yet as I don't fancy staring into the void that is waiting for players. I want to try it but not enough to waste my Elite time.

I would very much like to be able to queue for a cqc while ingame. I think that would bring in much more players.
Still haven't got into a game yet as I don't fancy staring into the void that is waiting for players. I want to try it but not enough to waste my Elite time.

Excellent idea,i'd certainly jump in for the odd game whilst i'm out exploring,if i could join a queue.
As unpopular CQC is with the in crowd i've always thought that if it could get some dev time it might be a nice way to develop set pieces for the main game.
Planetary maps for CQC are long overdue giving us the possibilty of assault game play.

Would be better if they took it down to 1 player so we could practice.

But yeah, this is big news. Last time I tried to get a game going on xbox, me and another guy were committed, staying no matter what, and we'd get a third player that would stay for a few minutes, then they'd leave and a different player would join and quit, on and on for 4 hours before my buddy gave up too.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I bet 20 onionhead that I'll still never get a CQC match on xbox.

Top Bottom