PvP CQC CQC is an Absolute Pain

bHBWKUg.jpg

I had no words.

We had people who came from PS4 to PC CQC. They thought they were good, but it turned out they weren't.
PC is by far the most competitive.

Not a lot of traffic on the Xbox end, but I can confirm that Vik is one of the few who actually know what he's doing on Xbox. I can think of maybe one other that can ever put up a fight the rare times I load into CQC.

I haven't tried CQC on PC yet, but I may give it a go next time I'm on.

As for open PvP, I can say that the skill level on PC is certainly higher on average than Xbox, but there are some exceptions. Lotta dual account fellas, too,

@Cknarf
Thanks for the credit, but I'd wager that I'm rusty now. Haven't played in months due to my hotas being busted, and I refuse to pay $120 for a new one, when ALL of them start screwing up with ghost inputs in as little as an hour.

The only change I'd make to CQC is removing Silent Running. It's pretty much OP against 75% of players, and not far from OP against everyone else.

Silent running is definitely pretty strong. Sometimes you can sneak off another kill or two while suicide burning, or even make it to a shield boost.

Lotta console folks aren’t used to free-aiming lasers, so it’s especially effective against anyone who isn’t seasoned.

We had people who came from PS4 to PC CQC. They thought they were good, but it turned out they weren't.
PC is by far the most competitive.

You can't say this while using top tier equipment against people who has only started.

I've just had a few matches against your unbreakable shields and one shot guns. You're not competitive, you're bored out of your mind lifeless ass who's using top tier stuff against newbies and noobs to boost your absent self-esteem.

An experienced player can take a base condor and perform just the same.

There is no way to get one-shot guns, and unbreakable shields with parts you have unlocked.

The key is POWERUPS. To succeed in CQC, you must control the powerups in the match.

The weapons powerup is incredibly powerful, and with it you can destroy someone in a couple seconds. Shield powerups make your ship much more durable, and also restore shields that are broken.

Too many CQC rookies get upset at their lack of gear, when in reality it is powerups that give you the edge.

You can't say this while using top tier equipment against people who has only started.

I've just had a few matches against your unbreakable shields and one shot guns. You're not competitive, you're bored out of your mind lifeless who's using top tier stuff against newbies and noobs to boost your absent self-esteem.

Hah, honestly, there isn't really anything much better than the starter equipment(except for silent running, but that's got nothing to do with shields or damage).

What you're probably seeing are a combination of the boosters that are scattered around the field and good pip management. There's a booster that doubles(?) your shields, and a booster that doubles(?) your damage. But those aren't level-locked, anyone can grab them. But the experienced players know exactly when and where they spawn.

The real advantage here is that Musketeer does basically nothing BUT CQC. And, of course, if he's challenged by someone remotely close to as good as him he immediately takes a ship with Silent Running, which honestly IS overpowered :p

The key is POWERUPS. To succeed in CQC, you must control the powerups in the match.

The weapons powerup is incredibly powerful, and with it you can destroy someone in a couple seconds. Shield powerups make your ship much more durable, and also restore shields that are broken.

Too many CQC rookies get upset at their lack of gear, when in reality it is powerups that give you the edge.

Yep, Knowing the map and being able to loop the powerups is one of the key to win fights.
When 2 evenly matched players fight each other, the one that manage to time his loops and control the power ups will win
And it's quite ok.

But it's really not ok when there is a significative difference and the better player also takes advantage on the powerup loops.
Then the weaker (noob) player gets totally stomped with absolutely no chance to do anything.

So for this reason alone i would remove the powerups from the matches when there is a significant disparity between the players matched together.

I've just had a few matches against your unbreakable shields and one shot guns. You're not competitive, you're bored out of your mind lifeless who's using top tier stuff against newbies and noobs to boost your absent self-esteem.
Lol, there are no unbreakable shields or some such. I am terrible at CQC but at least I dont suck so much I can't admit it.

Truly the most bizarre rant I've seen in a while, the epitome of being a poor loser.

Yep, Knowing the map and being able to loop the powerups is one of the key to win fights.
When 2 evenly matched players fight each other, the one that manage to time his loops and control the power ups will win
And it's quite ok.

But it's really not ok when there is a significative difference and the better player also takes advantage on the powerup loops.
Then the weaker (noob) player gets totally stomped with absolutely no chance to do anything.

So for this reason alone i would remove the powerups from the matches when there is a significant disparity between the players matched together.
In general I don't like the idea of powerups and such 80s arcade notions, but it is what it is.

The real advantage here is that Musketeer does basically nothing BUT CQC. And, of course, if he's challenged by someone remotely close to as good as him he immediately takes a ship with Silent Running, which honestly IS overpowered :p

Not really true. Unlike most of the veterans that specialize in one type of ship and loadout I'm competitive in many different combinations.
Choice of ship and loadout depends on who I face and what ships they use.. and I can switch to a different loadout with no problem whenever the situation in the arena changes.
Other players don't seem to have that flexibility.

You should join my official hate group - it's called CQC Discord.

i34DS97.png

I would give you a link to that channel but I don't have it.

Share your bad experiences, ideally call me names and you will get many thumbs up there and will be accepted into the group.

See you in the Arena :)

Top Bottom