CQC is unfair.

Your point is that you have no point :ROFLMAO:

Nor do you.

I am just very aware that us gamers like to make up a lot of rubbish about things that ultimately, really are not very important.

I won't be replying any further, and you've been ignored. Don't waste your time replying further, as I won't be coming back. You have had your chance to be civil and blew it.

EDIT: Basically, take this as a life lesson: When you realise you can't prove your argument, just stop.

Last edited:
If FD wanted CQC to make a comeback, (they have clearly abandoned it however), then probably the best thing to start with is doing away with level-locked setups.

This wouldn't change much of anything, as the unlocks is not the issue in CQC and never has been. Most of the better CQC players can dominate just fine with that starter Condor loadout, which is quite potent.

CQC is about mastering a very specific set of skills and learning the maps inside and out. The rest is really neither here nor there.

The real problem with CQC is the people who can't understand that if you don't let people win from time to time, they won't want to play with you anymore. Even puppies and kittens can understand this; if they don't let the smaller siblings "win" fights every now and then, the smaller ones stop wanting to play after a while.

This is why, for very pragmatic reasons, I think that higher-skilled players should no longer be able to instance with lower-skilled ones. If you give noobs a chance to improve their skills and enjoy the game, eventually they will come to be playing against the pros. By contrast, if you allow them to be mercilessly crushed repeatedly, the game dies.

Well, guess what's happened? The answer should be obvious.

they should of done what wireplay did in airattack games. each player was assigned to a specific room(level). any higher ranks would be auto removed to the high rank rooms.

CQC can be loads of fun when you get a lobby of friends or players with similar skill level.
It really needs a sort of matchmaking system for keeping the game balanced or private lobbies.
Sure, veterans will argue that dividing already small player base is bad. But without anything being done, player base will never grow.
And as people have pointed out, there are some players with insane skill level (cough musketeer cough) that are able to kill all the fun from the whole game mode. But hard to really blame someone for being too good.
Also bots .. "but it's unfair to let people play and rank up with bots".. well, maybe that wouldn't be needed if CQC wasn't behind paywall for consoles. Until that changes, add bot matches!

The only thing I don't understand here is why you keep throwing abuse at other people who are also presumably just trying to have fun -
What Anders said OP. Whether there are problems with CQC or not you are not really doing your cause any favour around here by stating that in the way you did.

Darth Ender made some very good suggestions in the off Topic/State of the Game thread about improving/expanding CQC. (Sorry but that thread is too long and I'm not going to find the actual post).

If FD wanted to cut some code they could actually turn CQC in to something more expansive and special; but that's not my call to make.

I'm close to being level 40 myself and will say that the advantage from low levels to high levels is blatantly obvious when you're being hammered by heat beams or rapid cannons with no distro draw and can be a huge deterrent to new CQC players.

Anyone who plays CQC new player or veteran (though veteran's will know anyways XD)...

We all gotta start somewhere, just stick it out and level up in the games you find, improve your skill over time. And above all, just have fun.

I'm close to being level 40 myself and will say that the advantage from low levels to high levels is blatantly obvious when you're being hammered by heat beams or rapid cannons with no distro draw and can be a huge deterrent to new CQC players.

The most commonly used by veterans weapon is Pulse Laser due to good DPS and low distributor draw.
Heat Beams are in some situations useful but just drain distro too fast.
Rapid Cannons are useful against Eagles and Sidewinders, but you will be harmless against veteran in a fighter who can dodge most of your shots.

The most commonly used by veterans weapon is Pulse Laser due to good DPS and low distributor draw.
Heat Beams are in some situations useful but just drain distro too fast.
Rapid Cannons are useful against Eagles and Sidewinders, but you will be harmless against veteran in a fighter who can dodge most of your shots.
Waiting for lv44, I'll be switching the OC pulses on the eagle to the OC beams. Pop a heatsink to extend firing time before distro is sucked up XD

Even if CQC was free, it wouldnae be a great advert for Elite if anyone wanting to try it out came to CQC and were instantly blown to smithereens

It struck me as weird that the folks who are the experts at the game are given an advantage to make them even better. And dinnae give me any of that "all the weapons are balanced"... If you've got a choice of weapons then you've got an advantage

CQC needs a complete do over. I realise it's a moot point seeing as Frontier Developments don't seem particularly bothered about the state of their game, but do you think there's anybody out there that likes CQC in its current state and would object to such a major overhaul?

Even if CQC was free, it wouldnae be a great advert for Elite if anyone wanting to try it out came to CQC and were instantly blown to smithereens
[...]
Frontier seem to agree. CQC has been free in the past, until they pulled it.

The real problem with CQC is the people who can't understand that if you don't let people win from time to time, they won't want to play with you anymore. Even puppies and kittens can understand this; if they don't let the smaller siblings "win" fights every now and then, the smaller ones stop wanting to play after a while.

This is why, for very pragmatic reasons, I think that higher-skilled players should no longer be able to instance with lower-skilled ones. If you give noobs a chance to improve their skills and enjoy the game, eventually they will come to be playing against the pros. By contrast, if you allow them to be mercilessly crushed repeatedly, the game dies.

Well, guess what's happened? The answer should be obvious.
When it comes to the CQC, I always hear that unblocking is not important and does not play a role.
Why not just give everyone full access in that case? But this is not the case.

well since i only done the CQC once and was very disappointed at the 0:65 secs of managing to fly in the thing before i was abruptly disconnected i never look at it since. I previous went there and was not surprised of the 0 community onboard.
what would you think will make people come back to a disowned part of ED.

well since i only done the CQC once and was very disappointed at the 0:65 secs of managing to fly in the thing before i was abruptly disconnected i never look at it since. I previous went there and was not surprised of the 0 community onboard.
what would you think will make people come back to a disowned part of ED.

Bots might be a big ask for the coders who are still working at FDev, but you'd think it would be at least possible for them to make some form of "friendly match" system where you could host yer own private games, even if it meant that those games didn't contribute towards yer progression

When it comes to the CQC, I always hear that unblocking is not important and does not play a role.
Why not just give everyone full access in that case? But this is not the case.
No objection to everyone having all equipment unlocked immediately.

(Given how many bad items and combinations there are compared with the stock Condor, I think it might actually make beginners easier targets. But sure, why not)

Bots might be a big ask for the coders who are still working at FDev, but you'd think it would be at least possible for them to make some form of "friendly match" system where you could host yer own private games, even if it meant that those games didn't contribute towards yer progression
It'd be good for setting up actual tournaments as well.

(Given how many bad items and combinations there are compared with the stock Condor, I think it might actually make beginners easier targets. But sure, why not)
There's a big difference between "Oh my god! I just got blown to smithereens and I've no idea why or what I can do to stop that happening" and "Oh my god! I just got blown to smithereens. That was a real bad choice of equipment. I'm sure I can pick a better combination for my next go"

There's a big difference between "Oh my god! I just got blown to smithereens and I've no idea why or what I can do to stop that happening" and "Oh my god! I just got blown to smithereens. That was a real bad choice of equipment. I'm sure I can pick a better combination for my next go"
They just don't believe in forum guides and coriolis refinement for fighter fighters.
No need to upset them.

Top Bottom