Artwork Courtesy of Qohen Leth: Artwork Thread
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+3]
THE CRAB NEBULA EXPEDITION
[/SIZE]
Reddit Thread: here

Respondens Autem Dico De Stellis
Answering the call of the stars

Greetings commanders, and welcome to the Crab Nebula Expedition!
This thread will contain all the information you need to know for the upcoming journey.
The Crab Nebula is what I would describe as a 'Diamond in the Rough' as it is one of the few nebulae that resembles its real life counterpart, and it is a beautiful place.

[SIZE=+3]
Main Mission
[/SIZE]
The CNE's main objective is to charter the surrounding areas at each waypoint leading up to and including the Crab Nebula.
The CNE is also going to be a great sightseeing opportunity for both rookie and veteran explorers alike as the planned route will take us to some of the most beautiful locations in Elite: Dangerous.

Departure Date: June 11th 3302 19:00 UTC
Launch Countdown Courtesy of CMDR Netstalker363, check it out here
The Roster will close to new submissions on Friday 10th June 23:00 IGT

Sign-up Thread: here
Official Roster: here
Elite Dangerous: Exploration (EDEX) Discord: https://discord.gg/0t9DFHttXuE4HkFR
EDSM Expedition: here

FLAGSHIP COMPETITION

Meet the Crew

[video=youtube_share;RruapulBHtU]https://youtu.be/RruapulBHtU[/video]

Official Trailer

Cmdr Jerek has created a stunning trailer for us!

[video=youtube_share;Hpti9bn4OHg]https://youtu.be/Hpti9bn4OHg[/video]​

[SIZE=+3]Expedition Waypoints
[/SIZE]
Waypoint Details Here

WaypointNameSystemPlanetSurface GravityCo-ordinatesDateDistance to Next WaypointProgress
0Meetup PointEpsilon Indi3 A0.09 G56.20, 121.7711 Jun 3302383.87lyIN PROGRESS
1Pleiades NebulaUPCOMING
2BetelgeuseUPCOMING
3Barnard's LoopUPCOMING
4Cone NebulaUPCOMING
5Thor's HelmetUPCOMING
6Seagull NebulaUPCOMING
7Rosette NebulaUPCOMING
8Jellyfish NebulaUPCOMING
9MonkeyH NebulaUPCOMING
10Crab PulsarUPCOMING
[SIZE=+1]
Details for upcoming waypoints will be posted here as the expedition progresses
[/SIZE]

Expedition Map

dFf9Bml.png

[SIZE=+2]
FLEET FLAGSHIP

I am pleased to announce the Fleet Flagship is the Lucky Venture commanded by Cmdr Jerek!
[/SIZE]
2gefup7.jpg
[SIZE=+2]

Post-Expedition

[/SIZE]

After the expedition reaches the Crab Nebula there will be 2 choices participants can make.

1. Follow a route back to the Bubble that will take us past the Trifid of the North, Flaming Star and California Nebulae. (The Green Route)

2. An optional extended mission that will see us visit the Heart & Soul Nebula before we travel back to the bubble. This route back will likely go past the West Veil and the Bubble Nebulae as well. (The Blue Route) Note that this route will add considerable time to the journey
This option will also give commanders who wish to join the Formidine Rift Expedition the opportunity to rendezvous with the fleet headed to the Rift. This is completely dependent on the timing of the FD Expedition

More details on the possible return routes will be posted during the expedition.

Fly Safe
CMDR atomicb0mb639

Last edited:
This looks like a really great route! The area around Barnard's Loop, Horsehead and Orion nebula is simply amazing. I fear I will still be far out in the Sagittarius-Carina arm when this launches, but I wish you a bon voyage :)

Looking good :)

I've linked this thread on the Hub thread.

Hoping to sign up for this if time permits... Crab Nebula is something I've yet to visit :)

Was already planning on heading there after DWE anyway, perhaps I'll see some of the fleet there!

If I'm back in-time that is..

Last edited:
Definitely looking forward to this - I've not been out that way beyond the Pleiades yet.

Is WP12 missing (secret?) or is WP13 a typo?

I know the exact schedule is TBA, but roughly what sort of pace is planned? - anything from 1 week (wave to the nebulae as we zoom past) to 3 months (1 waypoint each weekend) seems possible at the moment.

Thanks for spotting that!

I was estimating around 1 - 2 months for the trip there.

We also have plans for the trip back as well

I happened to notice you have a significant lack of Vultures on the badge there... :p

...might have to see if I can actually make it to the Crab now. :)

Cheers.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully I will be back in time, if not I have a second account back at the bubble that I can join in with :)

OK... submitted my sign up registration.

Looking forward to it and seeing how well you guys can keep up... ;)

I'll opt for the first route back, since I've already visited many of the places on the second route, whereas I've only visited the California Nebula and LBN 623 on the first.

I'm #100 on the roster. Do we intend to be going mostly in a private group or in open?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'll opt for the first route back, since I've already visited many of the places on the second route, whereas I've only visited the California Nebula and LBN 623 on the first.

I'm #100 on the roster. Do we intend to be going mostly in a private group or in open?

Cheers.

Yes there will be a private group, more details of this will come :)

Cheers.

Hi, details of the private group were on the Sign up form. But just incase you missed it it will be atomicb0mb639.

In regards to if its in open or the private group. It is dependant on how many CMDRs actually request to join the private group. But the private group would be better in my opinion

Fly Safe!

Last edited:
Top Bottom