Credit Dump Rework

The Why
After reading the "Rebalance" ie lets just nerf credits into the ground I have to offer a better solution FDEV is welcome to use any and all of what I write here rights relinquished. I see a lot of people on the forums clapping their hands and going oooo yeah mining is getting a reduction in credits earned that is good thing right? but really you have to understand why FDEV does not want us to have money because content that needs credits is not being produced at a rate that is sustainable. They also can't release new content without all the players that are rich not instantly just buying it and losing forward momentum

What they were trying
This is why engineering is a matts grind this is why odyssey will be a matts grind and any other content after that will be a grind. In development there are two main schools of how to fix inflated economies the first and generally more often chosen route is make money sinks / credit sinks . It does not matter how much money is coming in if their is a sustained blow to wallets. You can see this with fleet carriers you spend billions to buy them then you spend millions to upkeep them. The second frankly crap solution is secondary currencies every mmo does it Tokens, items, in our case engineering materials.

What they are shifting towards
After seeing their newest post I can surmise their new goal is to spread our creds as this as possible and make a fleet carrier the carrot on the stick. This will hemorrhage players end of story. I know a lot of people on the forums are already rich or think this is the only solution to what is a hyper inflated economy but let me break down the math for you.
it would take you 153 hours of solid core mining in its current state to get enough void opals to get a fully kitted out fleet carrier that is before upkeep. They did not actually make laser mining worse they just nerfed the income rate it is still faster than core and more lucrative you could do a fleet carrier in 67 solid hours . but like I said these are ugly solid hours 153 hours is equivalent to 12 solid days because you cant play efficiently for 24 hours most of us have bills and families and pets or children. FDEV is afraid we are gonna leave because once we own everything there is no point but the opposite is also true, you have to use 2 weeks vacation time or every waking moment of your non working life to inch out something I rather be playing other games at that point cyberpunk is almost here katamari came out today hell its a big season.

My Proposal
Make more money sinks good lord this game has such potential even with adding literally no more assets this game could go out of control amazing.
Literally models upon models upon models already in the game that are mostly space paper weights. You don't have to make it impossible to grind money if you have stuff for us to spend it on.

The Problems and the solutions
  • Players will build out in a million directions and soon the whole sky will be filled with stations and the game will explode
    • Yes players will go out in a million different directions but make the least expensive station cost 50 billion credits and let squadrons and players donate money and resources to them
    • instead of them being built over night have them be built in real time weeks.
      • Step one find a system within 500 LY of the nearest populated system that you want to build something in a station an installation whatever
      • week 1 the mega ship arrives and you drop off credits and supplies to it
      • week 2 a model with construction appears and as long as you are meeting the weekly material and credit needs then keep it going. The devs can hide little economy hikes in there maybe one week an exploit comes out for credit farming and suddenly the next week your station costs an extra 10 billion dollars because 100 workers died and you have to pay their families for their funerals. Contract work can be messy and allows devs to control the flow of creds better through story telling
      • week 4 your outpost station is built and now requires upkeep not just credits.
        • Fuel
        • Food
        • meds
        • security
      • You could have it so players could provide these or you pay a billion per supply per month to upkeep the station
    • Push Back
      • Pirate Attacks
      • Thargroid attacks
      • Federal incursions
      • Navy Incursions
      • Alliance Incursions
        • These would take little to no effort on Fdevs part
        • Literally just server reset flips a switch and suddenly your system is in a state of thargoid invasion just spawn a bunch of alien signal sources
        • contract at the station repel the invading force kill x amount of goids say 50 scale it based on number of players in the squadron
        • you kill them great nothing happens to your station
        • you fail your station is in a damaged state don't repair it before next reset and it is destroyed
        • for human ones just do conflict zones
      • No combat based pushback
        • parts of your station are old and failing or were improperly installed get x amount of matts to repair it before it falls apart
        • your people are sick and dying get meds or your station loses access to services because no one can work literally just use the same code from anonymous access where you cant access services.
        • there are plenty of flavor text objectives they could make in a week and ship
        • Resource orders
          • My god imagine being able to sell stuff outside the cookie cutter opals diamonds slaves ect. Imagen buy orders for crops and gold and silver and actually having a use for it in game.
  • Well this will spread the community thin because they can just live anywhere now
    • Make Community goals that are interesting enough to pull people to spots on the map
    • Incentivize players ferrying other players to Community goals make it so players earn emblems or skins by jumping a fully loaded fleet carrier with non squadron ships out to a community goal.
    • Turn off incursions / events during the week of an event
    • Make community events actually about the community Imagen if your a fairly new player in a small squadron of you and your friends and you own a little surface settlement somewhere outside the bubble and you come back from a server ship and the Alliance and Navy are blowing each other up over your settlement because galnet says a notorious pirate has come to your neck of the woods and now the whole game is coming to welcome you to the party. Spin the big wheel pick an in game squadron at random and make events happen in their home system. Does not have to be every week but maybe in the down time between main story events. like that would make a player a lifer they would go tell all their friends and they might join on.
    • You literally can do this already by making a home in an asteroid base in the far reaches of space not many people do it . Same goes for this most people won't move too far from the bubble and if we shift the bubble to player bubble 2.0 more power to us the devs will follow.
  • If we fill in the night sky then we will lose the atmosphere of the game
    • There were literally only 7432 players online in the last 30 days on steam their are literally 400 billion systems in this game even if we were all god tier quadrillionares we each would get 53,820,951 systems to ourselves you literally would die before you saw them all. We aren't filling in
Closing thoughts
Literally nothing I have said would take more than a few months time to make all the assets are in the game already the UI design team would have the most work out of anyone involved. This is not the end all solution but nothing is. I welcome thoughts and feedback. We all love space here I just see under utilization of this beautiful game world and a 150 hour grind ahead of me because of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom