Credits are too easy now.

I just did a test. I went from new account to Elite billionaire in 12 hours. I had to figure it out as I went, and I made a few mistakes. I reckon now that I know how do do it and without the RNG gods conspiring against me, I might be able to do it in 9 hours. I can remember when it didn't matter whether you went for combat, trade or exploration, the quickest you could do it was about a month of playing all your spare time. After that, people discovered clever unintended ways of shortening that, but I only used normal intended gameplay. Why did they make it so easy now? It seems a bit too easy to me. Is it because new essential gameplay is coming where you need massive amount of credits to participate?
Players have been whining for years that it has been so very difficult to earn credits. ED loosens up on the money a little bit and now it's "Credits are too easy now".

dxm55

Banned
Players have been whining for years that it has been so very difficult to earn credits. ED loosens up on the money a little bit and now it's "Credits are too easy now".

There's always the grind monkey crowd that wants to occupy their time doing repetitious tasks for minimal gain, and then call it fun.

IF YOU SAT THERE AND MADE 1 BILLION IN 12 HOURS YOU MUST BE RETIRED OR HAVE NO JOB OR KIDS, FRIENDS, FAMILY OR A LIFE AND YOU NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT ONCE TO PVP WHICH COSTS MONEY REBUYS IF YOU DIE REPAIR COSTS ETC... SAD.

IF YOU SAT THERE AND MADE 1 BILLION IN 12 HOURS YOU MUST BE RETIRED OR HAVE NO JOB OR KIDS, FRIENDS, FAMILY OR A LIFE AND YOU NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT ONCE TO PVP WHICH COSTS MONEY REBUYS IF YOU DIE REPAIR COSTS ETC... SAD.

The counterpoint here of course is that maybe some people are just better organised than others ;)

I used to enjoy the challenge of having limited credits and the dilemmas that presented. But there are upsides to making credits more readily obtainable.

Engineering mats are a form of currency that have remained relatively challenging to accumulate. Personally I would be happy for cynical instance switching to farm mats to be patched out just as board flipping was, and it may be that the huge buff to payouts was some sort of attempt at balancing earning potential for the 2.8% that board flipped.

If cynical mat farming were patched out (I wonder what percentage of the playerbase does this) it may be that FDev would similarly increase mats availability to compensate.

I had ~1000 hours of experience in mid-2015. Fastest my CMDR could have made money before the initial ill-conceived long range transport/smuggling missions was about ~15 million CR an hour, with a perfect commodity trade route or rares loop.

It's way faster now, doing more reliable and lower effort tasks.

IMO, the credit income felt right around February 2015.
I'm not sure I was playing the game by mid 2015, or if I was I was just bumbling around with no idea how to make any money at all, really, but I definitely agree that the present day situation seems out of whack. So much easy money across the board minimizes the experience in multiple ways.

The biggest problem is balance. We have void opal mining which provide too much credits compared to everything else and its risk-free unless you go to sell opals to most profitable place in open. Meanwhile missions give you almsot nothing. Smuggling, wetwork, scanning data on planets can put you on risk of failing, getting bounty or even losing your ship. It absorbs more time too.

I feel weird when Im trading or smuggling things and Im ending with almost 0 profit. You can roleplay of course but how can you roleplay being smuggler if you dont think about earnings and you have knowledge that someone is scanning earth-like world in bubble and gets double amount of money. There are two steps in trading, doing missions and smuggling. First - Gameplay. Second - reward. Smuggler, trader, mercenary doesnt work for free. You cant roleplay and imagine being smuggler if you dont think about profits.

They went too far with mining and scanning planets. Its ok to make mining more profitable but I would cut half of possible profit from void opals and make mining more dangerous. Random pirate gangs during mining would be amazing. Miners would have to use silent-running, escape location or put weapons in some slots to defend themselves.

The saddest part is there's no coming back. We are probably in minority and if they would nerf mining then lot of players would be furious just like in the past when Frontier nerfed exploits or some other gold rushes.

There’s only one proper solution here.

Bring back massacre mission stacking.

Perfect combination of risk/reward/fun.

Now they’re like ‘Kill 100 ships for 10 million’.

Yeah, nah. I’ll just go mine.

Well, I do not know how those things works in Bubble. I was there recently just to unlock Engineers and do some engineering, but around Colonia, there is no income 200 MCr or similar per hour. It was, when mining VOs was a new thing, but currently, prices are so low... :(
Hmm. Just checked the VO prices out there, and I see a price of 1,659,097 per ton for Void Opals at a station just 20LY from Colonia (Surley's Nest in Rodentia). The prices do bounce around, but if you look you can still find them, even in Colonia.

Well, I do not know how those things works in Bubble. I was there recently just to unlock Engineers and do some engineering, but around Colonia, there is no income 200 MCr or similar per hour. It was, when mining VOs was a new thing, but currently, prices are so low... :(
Not really. They were paying 1.6m Cr just an hour ago. I've made a couple billion on Painite in the past couple days, and about to ring up another billion on VOs.

It's the older or wiser game players that love to actually play a game.
Like it was stated earlier. The newer mmo players, instant gratification isn't fast enough.
When the game first appeared, one guy grinded it till he got an annie super early.
Then posted himself quitting because he already had the end game ship.
He won. I lose. :( I'm still playing.

Engineering mats are a form of currency that have remained relatively challenging to accumulate.

It's been quite some time since I've felt real pressure for materials either.

With the exception of a few system state related issues, the new USS system makes finding high-end manufactured materials easier than ever. Raw materials were never difficult, except for the SRV adverse, and geological sites seem to work even for them. Data has been easy ever since the introduction of material traders and missions that reliably give MEF.

Super specialized play styles might have issues, as may those who build a new ship from scratch every week, but otherwise, keeping up on materials doesn't seem too difficult once you've got a few ships completed.

I'm not sure I was playing the game by mid 2015, or if I was I was just bumbling around with no idea how to make any money at all, really, but I definitely agree that the present day situation seems out of whack. So much easy money across the board minimizes the experience in multiple ways.

I'd be less bothered with it if it were just an explicitly post-scarcity economy and everything was free, but it's supposed to be a semi-dystopian setting where the whole premise is getting ahead or being left behind.

The game is to the point that it doesn't feel like it's supposed to simulate a CMDR in a cutthroat galaxy as much as it's supposed to simulate a CMDR on vacation at Westworld.

Assuming they don’t make the buy accounts to play part too expensive, it could be that carriers with today’s balancing could... hopefully... be compatible to the pre nerfed progression systems for a solo player.

It’s been quite a while. I’m positively curious.

Think all the mining calibrated kids are going to accept the old balancing?

The funny part is how so many experienced long term players get the "I absolutely need a big ship!" out of their systems in the infancy of their careers and then spend crazy amounts of time in small/medium ships. I never even bothered getting enough rank to get into a Cutter or a Corvette, and my time in an Annie was mostly just to go on an expedition to Beagle Point.

I use to chase credits. Then I bought everything and didn't really need to chase credits. I could rebuy my entire fleet at least twice, have no interest in PvP, and stopped chasing credits. The game became a whole different kind of fun. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed chasing credits. I'll still chase them once in a while, just to make sure I can still catch them, but it was when I started doing other things - tracking down generation ships, following clues to learn about what Inra had been up to, turning up lost bases, abandoned settlements, chasing mysterious signals across the galaxy, that I found a particular freedom that I also very much enjoy - and continue to enjoy, some 40k-ish light years away from the nearest human system.

The funny part is how so many experienced long term players get the "I absolutely need a big ship!" out of their systems in the infancy of their careers and then spend crazy amounts of time in small/medium ships. I never even bothered getting enough rank to get into a Cutter or a Corvette, and my time in an Annie was mostly just to go on an expedition to Beagle Point.
I finally got a cutter and corvette, I had the ranks long before the ships came out. solely because.
They just sit in a barn collecting dust.
Small and medium ships are where it's at,.
Well, except for the clipper. I have three of those. :(
Damn straight Indigo. Always something new or kool to discover or do.

I finally got a cutter and corvette, I had the ranks long before the ships came out. solely because.
They just sit in a barn collecting dust.
Small and medium ships are where it's at,.
Well, except for the clipper. I have three of those. :(
Damn straight Indigo. Always something new or kool to discover or do.

I spend the vast majority of my time in one of three ships:

The Beluga - been touring the galaxy for 32 weeks in one. So far, there's really not a larger ship.
The Orca - Also a large ship.
The Dolphin - A small ship.

So two large and small, with the large making up more than 2/3 of my time.

On the off times I'm not in one of these, then I'm usually in a Type-9, either hauling goods, or cracking rocks.. again large ships.

Not that I have anything against mid-sized ships, but between the rock-solid Python and it's flimsier cousin, the Krait, there just aren't that many really good medium sized ship.
And the small ships... other than the Imperial Courier, the rest just don't have much to offer.

Top Bottom