Crew - few tweaks: changes of salary system, crew related missions, crew insurance

I have many ideas about crew, but I will list only some, which, I think, would not mess a lot with present game mechanics ;) And all these things were already present in earlier games of the series, so you can just copy paste code from Frontier: Elite 2 ;)
1. Return of fixed salary and negotiations. What if there would be a negotiations system with crew member? We could choose percentage (like now) or fixed salary (like in Frontier) payed weekly (no matter if we play the game or not). The more skilled pilot the higher salary he/she wants and if our proposition is to low he/she would go away. If our account would dry crew member leaves.
2. Insurance for crew. Simple - if, after our ship is destroyed, we would like our crew back we pay extra on rebuy screen. Amount would be counted on pilot's skill and salary
3. Return of crew related missions. Make their stories count. If someone is escaping mob he/she would be eager to accept lower wages ;) but also a mob enforcer would attack us from time to time. If someone is former explorer he/she could give us a hint about some crash site or other POI (similar to current hint messages) from time to time, etc. It was already present in Frontier ;)

For point (2) this seems like indentured servitude - crew are individuals, not ship components.

I've always assumed that crew escape in lifepods like the commander, but are then released from their contract and are free to seek employment elsewhere.

It would be interesting to have crew with a loyalty score, built up by healthy pay packets and good treatment. This would open the option for other players or NPCs to poach undervalued crew from other commanders.

Top Bottom