Crichtonsaurus rename, maybe?

Kind of hoping Sauropelta returns. It's more unique than any other Nodosaur in Game so far.
Chichtonsaurus or Chichtonpelta both sound like cool names so I'm thinking maybe a name change will come later. But I hardly think that they'll do it

Last edited:
I really don’t care for this dino or it’s name, they could add any other dinosaur instead and I would be happier.

Although I certainly agree with the sentiment, this seems unlikely at this point... they're sticking with Crichtonsaurus... I mean, I suppose they could change it at some point... but if they were going to do that, why didn't they do it already?

As far as I know, in JWE2 we have only seen this animal's image yet, not its name. It's unlikely to get a new name in the first JWE, but the sequel might be may still be fair game for that.

I don't think it's going to change, Troodon's pretty much in the same boat.

It is labelled as Crichtonsaurus in the hatchery, and I'm pretty sure in the research too.

I don't think it's going to change, Troodon's pretty much in the same boat.

It is labelled as Crichtonsaurus in the hatchery, and I'm pretty sure in the research too.
The main difference between Troodon and Crichtonsaurus/-pelta is popularity. Crichtonsaurus/-pelta are fairly obscure, while Troodon firmly falls into the category of 'stock dinosaur'. Troodon will definitly remain the way it is, but the ankylosaurid has a bit more leeway in that regard.

It's been seen named in the hatchery already? Are you talking JWE2 here? Because I haven't seen that yet.
If that's true, I guess that's it then. Would've been nice, but I can take it regardless of name. It's still a nice ankylosaurid with a good name regardless.

The main difference between Troodon and Crichtonsaurus/-pelta is popularity. Crichtonsaurus/-pelta are fairly obscure, while Troodon firmly falls into the category of 'stock dinosaur'. Troodon will definitly remain the way it is, but the ankylosaurid has a bit more leeway in that regard.

It's been seen named in the hatchery already? Are you talking JWE2 here? Because I haven't seen that yet.
If that's true, I guess that's it then. Would've been nice, but I can take it regardless of name. It's still a nice ankylosaurid with a good name regardless.
It was depicted in the Chaos Theory mode playthrough that several YouTubers had in their gameplay. I think it was in BestInSlot's that I noticed it. 100% confirmed Chrichtonsaurus is in the game.

And no, they're not renaming any dinosaurs to reflect scientific accuracy. Stygimoloch and Dracorex are just juvenile Pachycephalosauruses and aren't valid genera either but Stygimoloch is a movie dinosaur and so will always be in Jurassic World games.

And no, they're not renaming any dinosaurs to reflect scientific accuracy. Stygimoloch and Dracorex are just juvenile Pachycephalosauruses and aren't valid genera either but Stygimoloch is a movie dinosaur and so will always be in Jurassic World games.
Not everyone takes crazy Jack Horner seriously... also, Brontosaurus is a valid genus again... the point is, paleontology is one of those sciences that's based on imperfect evidence and conjecture and frequently changes its mind or can't make it up...

Last edited:
Top Bottom