Crime & Punishment Changes

Money is easy to earn & irrelevant for endgame commanders and thus so are fines & bounties which is why I suggested Notoriety could only be lost via killing or being killed by an ATR. It would mean even if a commander with a bounty was killed by his mate whilst in a Sidewinder they'd still have the Notoriety so the ATRs would still pursue him & possibly destroy his billion credit Corvette/Cutter.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

Improving Super Power reputation also takes time for end game players and makes more sense than killing the ATR, imo.

Its true the old per-CMDR system could be exploited, but so can the new one since you can switch to a clean ship for clean activities with no consequences. I think it would be better if you were always forced to pay your bounty and shipped to a detention center if you were killed by a clean ship, but should keep you bounty if you die some any other way. In my mind this seems a lot simpler, but that's just me.

Hello. My names Dale and I have loved this game for awhile now.

I recently went through long life story that doesn't matter.
So i decided to come back to the game after X time.

I'm flying through space and accidentally clip a ship in mid combat.
100 cr fine.

I dock, i go straight to jail.
it's halfway across in bumfudge Egypt.
I immediately uninstalled this game.

I won't be forced to jump 18-34 jumps just for clipping a ship.
if this is what you wanted to punish the playerbase for accidentally hitting a ship in mid combat, then goodbye to you ED.
It was great while it lasted.

It's a no from me dawg.

Maybe if crime was worth doing in the first place. Why punish something any further that isn't worth doing in the first place?
It is a big YES for the suggestion from me, though I agree being a criminal should have its upsides, too.

Top Bottom