Cryptic Elite Instagram/Twitter posts?

I wrote something to lay these out in a matrix from 1 up to 50 horizontally, but nothing screams out to me when laying it out like that :/

No, this is why I initially discounted this effort at a first glance. (ironically I was looking for a more sophisticated solution!)
I speculate that it is "random" to make the encoded message less obvious; but I would like to find some relevance in other columns, but I'm just not seeing it.
Not even sure the "LONG" in the first column makes sense (initially thought it should relate to longitude) but it was the first word I saw when initially looking at the encoded message days ago!

I feel pretty stupid for not looking more thoroughly at this.

(to recap the LP was used to redirect the Adamastor from Synuefe XE-Y c17-7 to the geographical survey on Musca Dark Region PJ-P b6-1 located on body 3, 615 LY away.)
So I'm increasingly confident the "615 LY body 3" is at least part of the message, just wonder if there is anything else.

Great find indeed. And if we assume that there is no space character at the end of the 1st line of LP message, and then we take every 8th character after the initial ‘8’ (which might be the key), we get:

LONG:-38.0 615 LYBODY 3

Last edited:
And just as a confirmatory:
1604561090613.png

Hi there, could I get confirmation on who (Group, or Individual, or group shared suffering?) should be credited for this facepalm moment? Want to make sure I know before I go recording the wrong thing.

Took me a while to both transcribe it Properly and spot but, aye... have to say seems like you've got it Michael.
All kudos, folk across at least three discords had sprinted away assuming encryption, here you figured out 8 = width... Absolutely all credit.

Attachments

• 1604566351873.png
    1604566351873.png
    5 KB · Views: 491
If you assume the space between "574.9" and "ER34.6" shouldn't have been there, then every 8th character spells out
"LONG:-38.0 615 LYBODY 3"

EDIT: Sorry, I see someone else got there just before me.

Last edited:
If you assume the space between "574.9" and "ER34.6" shouldn't have been there, then every 8th character spells out
"LONG:-38.0 615 LYBODY 3"

EDIT: Sorry, I see someone else got there just before me.
well THAT sends us back to Musca Dark Region PJ-P b6-1 planet 3... you digging right way i guess

Are you saying thats it solved completely and ignore the rest, just nulls? Or a partial solution meaning its either not quite right or its double or triple encrypted for the rest or that different parts have different 'keys' maybe?

Just not sure where we are as gives vague instructions (unless theres a heading / vector in there somewhere??) and only half the planetary co-ords? Just seems it cant be all of it surely?

Theres 2 possibilities assuming its correct.

1. Its purely meant for us. We would have had the binary CSN clue, the 615LY for a direction and known to look for a 3rd Rock in an M class system. That should have been enough to narrow it down. The co-ords are supplementary with DSS unless allowing for peeps not using it / doing it the old fashioned way.
2. The Adamastor had some of the info already, like the Lat and the direction to CSN or it picked it up elsewhere......bit poor writing if nothing else backs it up so implies its not this and is the 1st.

So supposition is its meant purely for us and is correct and complete, maybe theres some extra astronomical info in there, maybe not. Its not full and complete instructions for the Adamastor, its the 3rd part of the clue we 'needed' / were given to find the CSN site, the distance, assuming we followed the clues in order?

Edit: 'Top of the line' could be interpreted as the 1st letter / character in the sentence. Its a specific interpretation and not common but its not impossible to read it that way, except in the translated text I think so maybe not....

Last edited:
Are you saying thats it solved completely and ignore the rest, just nulls? Or a partial solution meaning its either not quite right or its double or triple encrypted for the rest or that different parts have different 'keys' maybe?

Just not sure where we are as gives vague instructions (unless theres a heading / vector in there somewhere??) and only half the planetary co-ords? Just seems it cant be all of it surely?

Theres 2 possibilities assuming its correct.

1. Its purely meant for us. We would have had the binary CSN clue, the 615LY for a direction and known to look for a 3rd Rock in an M class system. That should have been enough to narrow it down. The co-ords are supplementary with DSS unless allowing for peeps not using it / doing it the old fashioned way.
2. The Adamastor had some of the info already, like the Lat and the direction to CSN or it picked it up elsewhere......bit poor writing if nothing else backs it up so implies its not this and is the 1st.

So supposition is its meant purely for us and is correct and complete, maybe theres some extra astronomical info in there, maybe not. Its not full and complete instructions for the Adamastor, its the 3rd part of the clue we 'needed' / were given to find the CSN site, the distance, assuming we followed the clues in order?

I personally think it is just nulls with the location hidden inside.

Problem now is that because because a good mystery is one of the best things in ED, people will still look at the code and try to crack something that isnt there.

I'm inclined to think that is everything. If you remove the surplus space that Jmanis and I spotted, then the 8th character message is complete without any leftover characters. The 2nd location was only found by accident, and this LP message decodes to give enough to point at it's location which means that all locations can be found legitimately without brute-force. Someone said that FD mentioned that all locations had been found? In that case, I'm not sure there is much more to find in this message. It was all expected to be solved and finished by Halloween. There were mistakes in the LP message (extraneous spaces, French translations etc.) which made that take longer than it should. But if there aren't any more locations, I'm not sure what else you'd expect to find in the message?

Top Bottom