Crystalline Clusters Vanishing?

I'm collecting crystalline clusters - polonium at the moment. I've shot several that just disappear as if I destroyed them, never fell and don't show up on the contacts list. Last time I was here doing this I never saw this happen. It's happening now over half the time.

Is this a new nerf feature or a bug?

I'm collecting crystalline clusters - polonium at the moment. I've shot several that just disappear as if I destroyed them, never fell and don't show up on the contacts list. Last time I was here doing this I never saw this happen. It's happening now over half the time.

Is this a new nerf feature or a bug?

Not sure it's new.

Similar thing used to happen when collecting meta-alloys from barnacle sites.
I always assumed the idea is that some of the clusters are "mature" and drop mat's while others aren't, and don't.

I didn't have a single issue the last time I was here, and never had a single mat vanish into dust instead of falling from the "vine". Now it' at least 50% of the time.

I’m out collecting Polonium on the far side of the galaxy having the exact same issue today. I drove around for a while assuming I missed the fragments in the dark but no, they just disappear. Around 50% as you say op.

I’m out collecting Polonium on the far side of the galaxy having the exact same issue today. I drove around for a while assuming I missed the fragments in the dark but no, they just disappear. Around 50% as you say op.
They don't even produce a mat, just a poof of dust and nothing left. It's like I've destroyed the mat without ever knocking it from the stem.

You probably need to compare notes to see if there is a common theme. I have been shooting them among other stuff without issue the past couple of day. Granted, however, I have just been harvesting everything and not just concentrating on those

You probably need to compare notes to see if there is a common theme. I have been shooting them among other stuff without issue the past couple of day. Granted, however, I have just been harvesting everything and not just concentrating on those
I'm at a biological site. There's only that and piceous cobble. The cobble doesn't have any issues. It's only the crystalline structure that disintegrates.

I have had some getting stuck in the vents, one falling through the planet, and a few disappearing. They do degrade like dropped cargo and mats as well, after you shoot them off.

:D S

I saw the same today as well. It appeared to me that the angle I was firing at made a difference. It appeared that if I was shooting “square” to the crystal, I.e. the crystal pointing straight at the srv turret, I seemed to have more success. The greater angles seemed to fail much more often. Or I could be imagining things, who knows.

I’ll have to try again later and experiment with angles and distances. I haven’t bothered with the cobbles and I’ve only visited one of the seventeen biological locations on this planet so far.

So far those that have disappeared have done so immediately after been shot. It takes the usual amount of shots, seemingly, to dislodge them but immediately on being dislodged they disappear.

I’m currently out in the Galactic Aphelion and have only tried Polonium.

Edit: 50-75% would certainly seem about right.

I saw the same today as well. It appeared to me that the angle I was firing at made a difference. It appeared that if I was shooting “square” to the crystal, I.e. the crystal pointing straight at the srv turret, I seemed to have more success. The greater angles seemed to fail much more often. Or I could be imagining things, who knows.
I've been notice the same thing, but that's not always the case either.

I have had some getting stuck in the vents, one falling through the planet, and a few disappearing. They do degrade like dropped cargo and mats as well, after you shoot them off.

:D S
Yes, but these aren't falling off. The shard that sticks off the formation just disappears.

Top Bottom