Crystalline Clusters Vanishing?

Yes it is but the was a crystaline plant loking thing next to a couple of the ventso
He's talking about these, not the small mineral clusters

1ZrRZLO.png

Needle crystals is what I was thinking->
Screenshot_0048.jpg
Screenshot_0049.jpg
and these:
Screenshot_0050.jpg
Looks like a plant but i guess it's not. My bad.

Last edited:
I'm collecting crystalline clusters - polonium at the moment. I've shot several that just disappear as if I destroyed them, never fell and don't show up on the contacts list. Last time I was here doing this I never saw this happen. It's happening now over half the time.

Is this a new nerf feature or a bug?

I'm seeing the same thing.

Frustrating

I'm collecting crystalline clusters - polonium at the moment. I've shot several that just disappear as if I destroyed them, never fell and don't show up on the contacts list. Last time I was here doing this I never saw this happen. It's happening now over half the time.

Happening to me right now. The last 4 just disappeared. I tried lowering pips to one, shooting one shot at a time, far away, close up. Doesn't matter. I logged out and back in. No difference. A long way to go to get very little. Totally frustrating! If there's not already a bug, I'll add one. If there is, I'll add to it!
Cheers!

I have just experience this
Originally wondered if I was "Destroying" them by shooting more than needed but even single shot
Definitely popping out of existence, or not spawning the material after the Crystalline Cluster has been shot enough to be dislodged.

Last spot I tried had them all disappear after a first one. I managed to knock off three or four before the issue started though.

:D S

Been harvesting geological site for a couple of days and had no trouble
Me too. Just bought Horizons a couple of days back, watched some vids then did my first planetary landing last night. Managed to roll my SRV down the side of a mountain soon after landing! But I then found a whole load of crystalline thingies at the bottom and was harvesting until far too late last night! Really tired at work today.....

OP, if you record video of your mining and close it down, you'll notice that little creatures steal the crystals. They're called Skeksis. They especially like the darker ones!

Happening to me right now. The last 4 just disappeared. I tried lowering pips to one, shooting one shot at a time, far away, close up. Doesn't matter. I logged out and back in. No difference. A long way to go to get very little. Totally frustrating! If there's not already a bug, I'll add one. If there is, I'll add to it!
Cheers!

Hmm - I do not think it is a bug.
I found out about these (around 1900 ly distant!!) on Reddit. when somebody told about them, and the materials you can get from them.
Under his post somebody wrote 'LOL nerf incoming'...

So I traveled to several locations and could get a lot of high grade raw materials. It was interesting too, many new systems, but also time consuming. I thought, that the 'richness' of these sites is well deserved, since you have to travel a long way down.

Later somebody posted it here too, and many people took note. Then this thread appeared...

What do you think happened? A bug?

:D

It cannot be that players can collect materials without spending hours. Even if they actually spend hours to travel to these locations....

Not sure if this is a bug or another undocumented shadow nerf that FDev seems to have become increasingly enamored of. It's happened to me today at every biological site in both the HIP 36601 system and the Outotz LS-K d8-3 system. I haven't been in either system for more than three months. Seems to be about 50-60% of the nodes that I shoot pop and produce no mats.

I'll have to pay closer attention to the shape of the nodes tomorrow, to see if the stumpier, double-pronged nodes always produce and the thin, single tipped nodes always vanish without a mat payoff.

As far as I can tell, range doesn't matter, angle doesn't matter (although for awhile I had myself convinced that if you were shooting at them straight on rather than from the side, or from about 40-50 meters away, your odds of getting a mat were better -- the human mind is funny that way when searching for patterns), and it doesn't matter whether you're using regular or standard ammo (I didn't try premium, but doubt it makes a difference).

My guess is that this is yet another shadow nerf, because the actual mats that drop from each site seem pretty consistently set at just short of maxing out someone who's starting from zero. On every planet (five so far), I've had to visit a second bio site to top off my 150.

Not sure if this is a bug or another undocumented shadow nerf that FDev seems to have become increasingly enamored of. It's happened to me today at every biological site in both the HIP 36601 system and the Outotz LS-K d8-3 system. I haven't been in either system for more than three months. Seems to be about 50-60% of the nodes that I shoot pop and produce no mats.

I'll have to pay closer attention to the shape of the nodes tomorrow, to see if the stumpier, double-pronged nodes always produce and the thin, single tipped nodes always vanish without a mat payoff.

As far as I can tell, range doesn't matter, angle doesn't matter (although for awhile I had myself convinced that if you were shooting at them straight on rather than from the side, or from about 40-50 meters away, your odds of getting a mat were better -- the human mind is funny that way when searching for patterns), and it doesn't matter whether you're using regular or standard ammo (I didn't try premium, but doubt it makes a difference).

My guess is that this is yet another shadow nerf, because the actual mats that drop from each site seem pretty consistently set at just short of maxing out someone who's starting from zero. On every planet (five so far), I've had to visit a second bio site to top off my 150.
You are certainly correct about human minds looking for patterns: I thought the number of shots I fired or how quickly I shot might make a difference! In any case one node disappeared but then came back! This leads me to believe it’s a bug. Cheers!

Making the material gathering grind even more time consuming - it must be a bug. It has to be a bug. Please let it be a bug... 🙏

Hehe, I just arrived in this system today. Sounds like I'm about to get a feel for this for the first time. Yay.

I suspect the crystal spikes weren't meant to have only the high grade mats, a single run through a crystal spike field can basically fill your Polonium/technetium/you name it reserve of that particular mat, and if there are multiple bio sites on the body there are literally thousands of mats available for easy taking, I suspect the disappearing mats are FDEV's attempt to balance the overabundance of high grade mats at these sites. Yes it is new, maybe only since the last update since when I first started getting mats from the crystal spikes they never missed appearing.

So I suspect it's a nerf.

Last edited:
Top Bottom