CTRL+ALT+SPACE 2017 Film Competition - the winners

Hi everyone,

See the results of the CTRL+ALT+SPACE 2017 Film Competition below.

We were absolutely blown away by all of the entries we received... every single one was considered for entry, and the list was very hard to put together.

You can watch back the YouTube video of Chris Gregory and I discussing the top 13 entries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQH8IQnQjgY

We go in to lots of detail as to why we chose the films we did, and the process behind making the choices. It's the best place to hear us ramble on about how impressed we were.

The winner is:

Stardust by Turjan Sandstone

The Runners Up in no particular order:

Beauty of the Abyss by The Cookie Rebel
Old Man's Harbour by AdmiralSkoomer
Into the light by Karim Younus
Laser Cops by Ghost Giraffe
Time Travel by Christopher Stevens
It Came from Earth by Tristounet
Stickybee by Entropy101
Trailer by Siledas
Frame Shift Zero by Demilikos

And a few honorable mentions:

Carrie Fisher - In Memorium by Pixel Bandits
Cobra MKIII by Tomasz Sloma
Ride by Westcliffe Gaming
Void by OrionOne Note - You may notice that 'Void' wasn't played on the livestream... this was an unfortunate slip up, as it was something we think that deserved a shoutout... it was on our original Honorable Mentions list, and I'm not sure how it got missed off during the livestream!

Thanks again to everyone who entered the competition... it was a wonderful experience looking through all of the fantastic entries! We can't wait to do something like this again in future.

I'm curious as to why not a single Xbox player got any kind of mention? Surely at least one of us had something at least worth mentioning? (Unless there was one and I'm happy to stand corrected)

Yay my video void was mentioned!!! oh well maybe next time you guys can show othwer videos or something, would love to see the other ones!

Didn't you mention it was your first try at something like this? I loved your video btw.

Last edited:
YES !!! I'm so glad Turjan has won, Stardust was my favorite.
But everyone who participated at this competition deserves attention. They all did a phenomenal work.
Also, Big Thanks to Frontiers awesome Camera Suite.

I'm curious as to why not a single Xbox player got any kind of mention? Surely at least one of us had something at least worth mentioning?

Didn't you mention it was your first try at something like this? I loved your video btw.
2nd try actually but 2nd ever video ive made and first time ive ever entered for a comp! and thanks i actually took quite long to get those shots and some were inspired by the film interstellar!

I'm truly honoured to have been declared the winner of this competition - I'd already seen the videos Chris & Ed showed in the stream before, but just one at a time. But somehow, seeing all of those top quality videos one after another like that...for me, it really highlights the amazing level of talent and enthusiasm in our Elite community!

I'm proud to be a part of such a great creative community, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what videos all our many talented Cmdrs can produce in the future with our swanky new camera tools!

o7 Cmdrs :)

I'm truly honoured to have been declared the winner of this competition - I'd already seen the videos Chris & Ed showed in the stream before, but just one at a time. But somehow, seeing all of those top quality videos one after another like that...for me, it really highlights the amazing level of talent and enthusiasm in our Elite community!

I'm proud to be a part of such a great creative community, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what videos all our many talented Cmdrs can produce in the future with our swanky new camera tools!

o7 Cmdrs :)
Well done dude!

Wow, thanks for the honorable mention with my Ride video. I will treasure this moment forever. I love you FDev. ❤ Congrats to my fellow CMDRs in the honorable mentions, congrats to the runner ups and congrats to the BroCast's Turjan for winning. ��

There were many EXCELLENT productions. I'm honored to be a runner up and very pleased to see that Stardust was the winner! Thank you all for the fine entertainment.

these are inspiring vids all around!

*note to myself: get that gear out again and play Elite again more often!*

Top Bottom