Current best Fed rank grind?

Ok, like title says....what is the best fed rank grind? I am a veteran Cmndr that reset account months back and I’m ready to get my Vette again. I’m currently doing ceos/sothis data runs but without board flipping now it’s very slow. I have searched a bunch but can’t find any current/relevant info. Any help would be much appreciated. o7 Cmndrs

Data runs are really slow at higher ranks.
Go find a station that was attacked in fed space and evacuate passengers.
Else, settle in a fed system (search for one with lots of fed factions, preferably industrial and in outburst) and stack supply/delivery missions and whatever other missions might suit your play style and try to pick only mission that gives lots of ++++ in rep.

I evacuated passengers with anaconda. It has fastest progress. Last three ranks to backdoor admiral took 2 days.
1. I chose rank on every mission, not only from fractions allied to Federation, and it affected federation rank too.
2. Mission count restored after exhausting in 30 minutes, and so i’v set alarm, close game and doing other thing

Yep become a taxi... mind numbing boring but fastest way...
If you want lots of money do tourist taxi runs...
If you want easy, do damaged station to rescue ship runs...

Most youtube players who do videos on ED have done one on it...
The issue is damaged stations change location so you will have to search web sites to locate Fed stations that are currenty still damaged and not begun repair mode...
https://inara.cz/galaxy-stations-damaged/ only 6 damaged stations... as of April 10th
If your doing it just to get the Corvette then it won't take long... fit a heat sink just incase...
not my video others are available
still valid but as others stated mission regen time has been extended...

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I guess I will have to fly back home to Jameson Memorial and swap my battle conda over to a rescue conda.

Last edited:
Federal rank is just SLOW than ever now.

For some reason the thargoids are not atacking fed systems/stations anymore ( I bet that is a BGS MESS)

The best system for rescue now is Exigus that have 2 federal factions on system, but the boards just sucks now too, so - you will need to wait 20-30 minutes until the excelent board implemented by fdev work and put 12-15 Rescue missions again (Missions that you can do in a single run, then will need to wait more 30 minutes docked.)

All the old Data delivery missions systems for federation are dry by now, some fdev nerfed/added more stations to make the grind even worse.
Sothis/Ceos is still a thing, but you need to have patience and skill to evade from 3-4 interdictions EVERY station you fly to (If you picked delivery missions) - The missions dry very fast too, since the excelent board just generate 2-4 missions per 15 minutes. (Most of they will be useless mining missions or smuggle missions)

It's ironic, really - the best ship for grinding passenger transport or damaged station is the Corvette.

Yup!!!

But them defeats the purpose...
When u are grinding for it, u have to use the alternatives and yes the Python in my book is the ship to go.

I evacuated passengers with anaconda. It has fastest progress. Last three ranks to backdoor admiral took 2 days.
1. I chose rank on every mission, not only from fractions allied to Federation, and it affected federation rank too.
2. Mission count restored after exhausting in 30 minutes, and so i’v set alarm, close game and doing other thing
If one is interested in "RANKING UP" with either the Federal or the Empire one should only accept mission's from related brokers. Thus if one is ranking up for the Federal as to obtain the coveted Corvette. Accepting any mission from any other broker but a broker affiliated with the Federal will prove to be less productive. Basically one shouldn't moon light, either do all your work (grinding) for one or the other. Same works for those ranking up for the Alliance.

Thargoids have avoided EMPIRE stations and have returned to attack a FED station...
Bean StationNu KuangDamaged/High TechCorporateFederation
With the Thursday tick over... there are only two fed factions in system... the catch is its ~50kls when in system... not to far ...

I have been Fed Faction grinding for the last week or so, and I am up to 23% Post Captain. I have done Rescue missions and Data missions (Ochosi). I recommend that you do both. It is a long grind and breaking it up with different types on missions is helpful.

I find Rescue missions to have a slightly lower reward per hour. There are two very big dangers in Rescue missions, blowing up and fines (which block you from picking up passengers). With Data Missions you only have to evade interdiction. Admittedly, I am using the ship recommended by the youtubers, the Type-9, which is the wrong ship to use. I think the Python would be a better choice.

Anaconda is best ship... Cheap and carries most passenger cabins count... and jumps the longest on the FSD in a single jump
The issue with fed rescue missions is the stations are not consistent in that 1 station can offer only 4 fed rescue missions 1 week but the other station next week could issue 10 missions from a single faction... and next week there could be 4 fed factions at the same station the week after...
Example this week there are stations that only issue 3 rescue missions for fed and there is another that issues 8 missions...
If you are to go to the wrong station the rank up will be way lower than what is possible at the other station location but people have to jump to each fed station to find out...
Current best fed station
Lee HorizonsGabiaDamaged/IndustrialCorporateFederation0 Ly

Anaconda is best ship... Cheap and carries most passenger cabins count... and jumps the longest on the FSD in a single jump
The issue with fed rescue missions is the stations are not consistent in that 1 station can offer only 4 fed rescue missions 1 week but the other station next week could issue 10 missions from a single faction... and next week there could be 4 fed factions at the same station the week after...
Example this week there are stations that only issue 3 rescue missions for fed and there is another that issues 8 missions...
If you are to go to the wrong station the rank up will be way lower than what is possible at the other station location but people have to jump to each fed station to find out...
Current best fed station
-​
Interesting. Thank you. :)

Can you fill the Anaconda? or is a Python big enough? My biggest problem with the Type-9 is that it get snagged on things. I assume a Medium sized ship would make it easier to avoid debris.

Is there a way online to figure out which is best, or do you just have to visit all the damaged fed stations?

Last edited:
-​
Interesting. Thank you. :)

Can you fill the Anaconda? or is a Python big enough? My biggest problem with the Type-9 is that it get snagged on things. I assume a Medium sized ship would make it easier to avoid debris.

Is there a way online to figure out which is best, or do you just have to visit all the damaged fed stations?
You have to visit every station with the damaged flag that is fed controlled...
Online sites will not tell you how many missions each fed faction will give users only if that station is damaged...
This week was easy as there are only 3 fed stations... but one station is actualy an empire rank up location as that empire faction spawns bucket loads of empire rescue missions...

The anaconda will fill up to the max 20 passenger missions easy... This will allow you to carry the Extra 12 missons extra to the 8 fed missions. These pay a lower bonus to the super power on completion... as the station is fed controlled every mission gives a tiny bonus to the super power rank that runs it...

This can all change again on thursday tick..

Evacuations in stations that are Federal. Take a Python or Anaconda, strap it down to hold as many passengers as possible and DO NOT forget a heatsink. Inside those stations get HOT, very fast.

First time I did it I went in without one and it was expensive. Going in not so bad, once you land it will bring you into the hangar automatically and you won't take damage.

But leaving? As soon as that door opens you start to take damage, so I recommend ejecting the heatsink asap.

To get the missions you go to the station -> Passengers tab. Try to get the most amount of missions in a single run, requires some maths. Then you just take the survivors to the nearby rescue ship, hand them over, do repairs/whatever and repeat.

This isn't profitable. But it's good to grind rank, and more specifically a phenomenal reputation grind.

I just hope you don't rely heavily on docking computers.

Yesterday's Results:
31% increase in Rank from half a day* doing Rescue missions. This included blowing up once and one fine.
56% increase in Rank from half a day* doing Data missions (Ochosi). Results vary, and I am better at Data missions than I am at Rescue missions. But,

If you are starting the grind you shouldn't discount Data missions. I did both and enjoyed most of the grind, it got a little boring at the last two ranks.

I enjoy Rescue missions. It is one of the more challenging things in the game. I am going to outfit my Type-6 and go back, after I finish ranking, and staring at my Corvette in the hanger. The T6 holds less people but it has a lower rebuy cost, and I am sure the passengers will be grateful and not spam email at me.

* I did not keep track of exact time spent on each type of mission. This is not a scientific survey. I do not think Data missions are twice as good as Rescue missions. In the hands of experts each mission type probably produces a percent return equivalent to the other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom