Current best places to make some Money?

Pick a starbase: A space station you want to run out of.(I tend to go for a High Tech, as you can sell a lot to them if you cant find appropiate return missions)

Run missions from them to get allied with a lot of the factions present. You can take appropiate rewards to help with this.

Once you are allied, you will get lots of good paying missions. You will also start to build rep in the local area, and the missions then start to get good in those stations in the local area.

Make cash quite fast once it all clicks in.

Conventional wisdom has it that:

a) per-passenger payouts at Robigo Mines are larger than at Hauser's Reach;
b) per-passenger payouts decline as you do multiple runs.

So my strategy is to run a Python out of Robigo Mines for five runs, then switch to an Anaconda out of Hauser's Reach for another five runs with more passengers at lower per-passenger payouts.

I've never crunched the numbers to establish if this strategy is optimal, but at least using two ships, and switching from an outpost to a station, adds a bit of variety to the grind.

So my strategy is to run a Python out of Robigo Mines for five runs, then switch to an Anaconda out of Hauser's Reach for another five runs with more passengers at lower per-passenger payouts.

I've never crunched the numbers to establish if this strategy is optimal, but at least using two ships, and switching from an outpost to a station, adds a bit of variety to the grind.
I haven't noticed a decline in payouts. Was doing many runs from Hauser last night and they were all at the 1.9 to 3.5 mark, though the 3.5 is a rarity. The majority are around 2.5.

That b part is not exactly true if you don't mind playing the game like 2.8% of people are playing it. Doing it at the moment and steady 100m/h keeps coming in (some hickups due to adjudication servers kicking me out during mission pickup and return and partial mission lists but once the servers calm down a bit, it's smooth sailing). Doing something else could be fun but those 450m reflective platings don't pay for themselves :D

For sure a Phantom is in the works...but the Mamba Expedition is up first. Besides, the Phantom build shouldnt cost me a lot given that its a one to one swap from my existing Krait already kitted out for exploration...just hope its for sale in Colonia.

I haven't noticed a decline in payouts. Was doing many runs from Hauser last night and they were all at the 1.9 to 3.5 mark, though the 3.5 is a rarity. The majority are around 2.5.

I've seen some payouts at Robigo Mines of over Cr 4 million, and occasionally over Cr 5 million; but these tend to dry up on repeated visits. Today's visit was more about Grade 5 mats than money, but they too got scarcer after a couple of loops. Hauser's Reach may be more consistent, but payouts don't hit the same peak - though of course you can use a larger ship for more cabins to make up for the lower payouts.

can't comment on point a)

however point b) is NOT my experience. Passenger missions ranging up to 3m per trip and averaging around 2.5 and continually enough of them to fill a beluga

That b part is not exactly true if you don't mind playing the game like 2.8% of people are playing it. Doing it at the moment and steady 100m/h keeps coming in (some hickups due to adjudication servers kicking me out during mission pickup and return and partial mission lists but once the servers calm down a bit, it's smooth sailing). Doing something else could be fun but those 450m reflective platings don't pay for themselves :D

disagree with the 2.8% comment. I've never had to board flip.

disagree with the 2.8% comment. I've never had to board flip.

Robigo Mines does indeed run out of missions like Dagwit mentioned earlier but if you board flip you can get close to the maximum of 25m mission load out once every 12 min (without shield). Then you can fill your ship with two thirds of those 5005k, 2785k and 1675k missions and the rest are within 10% of maximum payout. For me the limits of picking up a mission from there is 4500k, 2503k and 1397k, once I have picked up all from one board, I'll flip it and fill it with another board.

If you factor in the time to exit and park in the orbital, Beluga or any other ship can't match Python and Robigo Mines (especially with board flipping).

One word: ROBIGO!
Medium can dock at Robigo Mines station.
Large ships have to go to Hauser's Reach

Like it is always at various stations where one can make serious bank. Denpends on the state. Though even when it bad, one can still make bank.

My son made 1.2 Billion in 14 hours of non stop sightseeing mission from Robigo Mines to a beacon in Sothis one day, and two days later did it again.

For a better description here's a link to a reddit page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...gos_back_how_to_make_120mhr_easy_low_barrier/

Sorry I'm not telling you where I am getting my billions.

FD would only nerf it, and it took me a while to find.

Again sorry, you'll just have to grind out the cash!

This.

I invested quite some time in getting a very lucrative source of income.
There are enough ways to get some cash fast, and not to hard to find either.

I've seen some payouts at Robigo Mines of over Cr 4 million, and occasionally over Cr 5 million; but these tend to dry up on repeated visits. Today's visit was more about Grade 5 mats than money, but they too got scarcer after a couple of loops. Hauser's Reach may be more consistent, but payouts don't hit the same peak - though of course you can use a larger ship for more cabins to make up for the lower payouts.

OK, so this is embarrassing. I'd swear I'd seen this pattern on earlier visits, and that I was seeing it again today. But today I was choosing mats wherever possible, so this must have distorted my perception of the figures.

Checking the figures in EDDiscovery, which ignores material rewards when listing mission payouts:

Robigo Mines (Python, six cabins - I like to have shields when I'm carrying passengers):

Run 1: Cr 18,912,050
Run 2: Cr 18,591,800
Run 3: Cr 18,762,600
Run 4: Cr 19,018,800
Run 5: Cr 18,250,200

Hauser's Reach (Anaconda, nine cabins):

Run 1: Cr 22,358,050
Run 2: Cr 20,285,100
Run 3: Cr 18,768,550
Run 4: Cr 20,714,100
Run 5: Cr 17,359,450

There's no obvious decline at Robigo Mines, and while at Hauser's Reach the first payout is noticably higher than the fifth, I'm not sure how significant that is.

It looks from these figures that Hauser's Reach is the more profitable of the two runs:

Robigo Mines avg: Cr 18,707,090
Hauser's Reach avg: Cr 19,897,090

But I calculate that it took me 1.26 times as long to do a run from Hauser's Reach. So in the time I'd take to get the Hauser's Reach average, I'd be making an average of Cr 23,570,933 from Robigo Mines.

Robigo Mines wins.

You're probably more efficient than I am, but then you'd be more efficient at both sites, so the end result would probably be similar.

I trust this is adequate punishment for my error: I've had to fire up Microsoft Excel. Oh, the misery!

Last edited:
I guess the real question is, what do you DO with all that money?

Once you have your billions, and you have all the ships you want, what's the incentive to keep grinding for money?

So I've recently started playing and been doing Robigo to Sothis runs in a Type-6 making between 30 - 40 million per hour and i'm at a little over 200 million at the moment. Is there a point in buying a Python to keep doing this? Especially from what I understand a new patch is coming on Tuesday and I have zero engineering skills atm? Would it be prudent to wait until Tuesday before making any new investments in ships just in case things change?

Once you have your billions, and you have all the ships you want, what's the incentive to keep grinding for money?

Going out on a limb, I think safe to assume that many, if not most, commanders doing consistent Robigo farming aren't yet at the stage where we have every ship we want, especially if it includes engineering.

Robigo isn't just a cash mine, it's a cash + G5 mats farm in one convenient location. Not saying engineering is mandatory for everyone, but if you DO want to engineer that brand new ship you want to buy with the cash you're going to farm, then you'll need lots of G5 mats too.

To answer your question though, least for me - once I have all the ships I want, in a configured state I want, plus enough cash to not worry about rebuys for quite awhile, there would be no incentive to keep grinding - so for me at least, I wouldn't keep grinding credits. To me, credit and mats farming is simply a necessary evil to be able to play the game how I want, in the ship I want

e.g. 7 packhounds build spamming missiles with zero worry of reload cost and/or rebuy cost

or fly around in small ships doing small little missions here and there that pays peanuts but is fun to do - me, I still like to rain missile death on power generator missions. I make like 2M credits maybe every ~45min fooling around but I don't care because I did Robigo in order to pay for this playstyle.

I'm at ~half the ships I want. Still don't own all big3 in maxed out A rated, G5 configs...so it's a marathon but long as things like Robigo exist, I'll keep doing it because point is, least for me, I'm nowhere close to owning all ships of my 'ideal' fleet.

Ill have all the ships I want when Fdev stops making new ships and things to put on them.

My son made 1.2 Billion in 14 hours of non stop sightseeing mission from Robigo Mines to a beacon in Sothis one day, and two days later did it again.

the-grind-the-grind-is-real.jpg

Top Bottom