Current CZ zones and influence questions

To positively effect your faction’s influence in 3.3 do you actually have to win the battle in a CZ or will killing a couple ships and turning in the Bond also help win the war in your favor?

I asked this a few weeks ago and was told that bonds have some impact, but winning actual CZ battles has a greater effect. This contradicts older BGS guides that say bonds are the only way to win the war and the person who answered me said it was changed several months back (I want to say he said December, but honestly don't remember for sure.)

This may be a dumb question, but what if I pledge to my side, never kill anything and just set outside the fighting, doing nothing, until my team wins anyways (leaving if they are not pulling ahead). Would they still get influence boost?

This may be a dumb question, but what if I pledge to my side, never kill anything and just set outside the fighting, doing nothing, until my team wins anyways (leaving if they are not pulling ahead). Would they still get influence boost?
Yes... but tl;dr it would be highly unreliable, and take a lot longer than you think to resolve.

It is way more effective to actually participate in the conflict, I'd argue by orders of magnitude.

I asked this a few weeks ago and was told that bonds have some impact, but winning actual CZ battles has a greater effect.
This is true, though nobody has actually produced a measured statistic on the effects, so we don't know if, say, a low cz is worth 2 times, 4 times, 10 times or even 100 times the effect of a combat bond submission. This is why I persist in saying the now-broken state you can get into where being Hostile in an enemy system means you can't hand in bonds (and help the war effort), needs to be fixed immediately.

Top Bottom