Custom Campaign Option

Can we please get a custom campaign option that is reminiscent of a park builder tycoon game? The Sandbox mode is... meh. It's basically just free play with no real incentive or challenge to it. The base campaign is incredibly short, bare bones, and really lack luster. The Chaos Theory mode was good, but again, way too short, and the replay is garbage. The challenges are good, but pretty underwhelming.

Just having a continuous park mode, where you do research, all the DNA extractions, and park management would really make this game go from okay to stand out good. As it is, I've done pretty much everything in 25 hours, and there isn't a lot of incentive to go back. Having a handful of maps to pick from with land expansion options within the map would be great. Then base the rest of the gameplay off of the Chaos Theory for Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. Bring the full tech tree in, as well as all the expeditions, and you have yourself a nice repayable game.

JPOG has the Genesis Operation mode the community wants something similar to a "Sandbox" with investigations or a free mode, I don't really know what to call it. Well, everything has a disadvantage or something negative here the negative points of the JWE 2 modes from my point of view.
Campaign
Very short it can easily be in a top of the shortest ones.
It is more of a tutorial than a campaign, it is not bad but if it were not so short this point would not weigh so much. Although it is rumored (it is nothing official and it is only my assumption) that it is short due to Dominion since it would be a huge spoiler I hope that with the "DLC" of Dominion the campaign was extended, because in a Dev diary they said that it would expand the JW universe, I hope they don't refer to the current campaign.
Chaos theory
Somewhat short.
Some are very bad JP 3 and JWFK.
Zero interaction when completing the mission in JP, TLWJP and JW, there is no dialogue or a cinematic when we reach 5 stars, 4 in TLWJP. I really didn't like that. Although maybe I'm wrong, let me know if that's the case, since I don't play chaos theory before the 1.1 update arrived.
Challenge
The limitations, for those who are looking for a free mode or Sandbox with investigations to comment at the beginning.
Sandbox
Limited creative freedoms.
More options are missing for Sandbox.
We cannot use our creativity to the maximum due to the limitations in Sandbox, I do not see a modular system as powerful as Planet Zoo, Planet Coaster and Prehistoric Kingdom. But Frontier should expand creative freedoms and add more Sandbox options. There is still a long way to go before JWE 2 is an excellent game, because it is what we all want, remember members of the community keep pushing Frontier but be patient.

I've finished everything, and find it sad that I cannot seem to enjoy this great game anymore in more creative and challenging ways.

Analysis:
Campaign in JWE 2:
  • Although it is a nice intro for the newbies
  • although it is beautiful with the new climates, and
  • Although it has enjoyable quests

There is no replayability after finishing Chaos theory and the challenges.
I finished all challenges in Jurassic difficulty.

In JWE 1, u build an empire-tycoon stretching over multiple island, with different quests (core missions) of the science, security, and entertainment division.
I and many others loved that. Deleting that was not a good choice, IMO. The campaign & Chaos theory are short. Campaign was more or less a tutorial, and chaos theory a sort of introduction to other mechanics and possibilities within the game.
It lacks the feeling of actually progressing and building something
I finished the campaign in 4-6 hours, I believe, whereas the JWE1 campaign, was wayyy longer.

I miss the real challenging missions and hearing the voice acting of all the different divisions.
So yes: this game needs a custom mode or a 'tycoon' building mode, in which we can actually go through the same maps from the campaign, but then in a more 'challenge mode' way and ideally in which we progress through the island with the same progression within the science and technology that is completed before (otherwise they are actually just new custom maps or new challenge modes).
Personally, I really loved reaching 5 stars over many different islands with the specific challenges that the islands met. In JWE1, I remember going to the second Island and starting with the dracorex, due to unlocking the dracorex research in the previous map.

I hope we get either a custom mode or a real 'campaign' (which was now actually a tutorial with some fun quests).

Yeah, JWE1 was definitely way better in terms of core campaign. It definitely felt more in line with the genre than JWE2. Like... I picked it up thinking it would basically be an improvement on 1 with all the ground work already in place. Boy was I wrong.

I played the game for hours at a time when it first came out, but without adding research, expeditions, incubation failure etc. to sandbox I really can't see myself playing again. Really hoping that we get a different response from the devs than "No plans for this currently, but passing it on to the dev team". I appreciate that it is being passed on to the dev team, but it is very frustrating that what I feel are basic features of a park builder are not in the game, and as far as we know are not slated to be added.

I've, for lack of other possibilities, just started the challenge mode maps again on lower difficulties, just to try and build nice parks without too much struggle.
Hoping they will make a longer campaign that connects all the maps/island though, in a sort of 'tycoon' mode

Top Bottom