Custom flat rides

There should be an option to build your own flat rides instead of just trying to fit as many as you can into the game. There could be small rotate blocks that you could connect steel supports to which would create the ride. you would then choose a cart, or seat for the guests to sit in. You could then use blocks to program the rides movement. Some examples of blocks might be: Rotate motor A 90°, or Rotate Wing 1 45°. you would also use a input for the amount of degrees to rotate. One last thing is you could add a Gravity True/False block for a realistic swinging motion of falling motion on a ride.

I don't really know if that would be possible, every ride has different seats, supports, metal parts aso. Better to have many good modeled, physics calculated, well animated and nicely textured rides!

I don't really know if that would be possible, every ride has different seats, supports, metal parts aso. Better to have many good modeled, physics calculated, well animated and nicely textured rides!

and one themed version and one old school classic un-themed version.

I don't really know if that would be possible, every ride has different seats, supports, metal parts also. Better to have many good modeled, physics calculated, well animated and nicely textured rides!
I also agree with you but I think if they can calculate the physics for a coaster it wouldn't be much harder for them to calculate spinning and turning.

Well at the very least it would be interesting to have interchangeable parts on some of the flat rides... (Like being able to swap out the horses on a carousel, much in the same way we will presumably be able to swap cars on the coasters...)

I also agree with you but I think if they can calculate the physics for a coaster it wouldn't be much harder for them to calculate spinning and turning.

But coaster physics are the same for every coaster... Flat rides have movement in many different axis' and that would be much harder to build a physics model for.

Its a great idea but it is also an unrealistic one for current games.

But coaster physics are the same for every coaster... Flat rides have movement in many different axis' and that would be much harder to build a physics model for.

Its a great idea but it is also an unrealistic one for current games.

Depends on the flat ride really... Pretty much every merry-go-round works the same, so having re-skins for the horses that make them look like unicorns or sea horses probably wouldn't change the underlying mechanics of how the horses move... Same could be said for the Teacups...(Which could be made to look like barrels, or turtle shells, or whatever, so long as the seating and diameter is a close enough match to the cups...) Now yes it would be more work designing interchangeable parts for each type of flat ride, but I doubt that it would be beyond the scope of what the Devs could do... (And having one alternate skin for each ride type could set the stage for DLC packs and UGC on down the road...)

The original post was about building custom flat rides.

I do agree that we should have options for current rides as your suggesting. theming on them now is great if you want massive rides that don't match your surrounding theming. I prefer to build parks like BG Europe with smaller, less dramatic flat rides...

I thought about this but when you think seriously how it would be done, it would be like having a whole new game added. Coasters use relatively simple principles and dont have complicated sequences of events to program, you click 'go' the car launches, gets carried up by the chain and gravity does the rest.

Look at a ride like the 360. You have to program it to start, how much power to put into each swing, then how much and when to rotate the bit with the seats on it, then when and how much to rotate each individual seating 'spoke', all this while the main shaft is swinging the entire thing over and pausing, etc, etc. Flat rides have alot more going on that you think!

Top Bottom