Custom Keybinds hassles

I've now been having this problem regularly since launch, where my custom keybinds are all reset.
For those that are going to tell me to backup etc etc. I've backed up keybinds since this issue was first a thing, and before many of the players will have started playing.

I keep my backup, and when keybinds have been reset I restore them. It's a pain but it works.

However every so often ED refuses point blank to allow me to use a custom keybind file and defaults to saitek. I restore my keybinds, and I change the start file to say Custom instead of the saitek one.

It still doesn't use custom. At this point I've no choice but to manually rebind ALL of my controls to what I use normally. This took me 37 minutes last week. I've come back after being away for the weekend at fantasticon, and lo and behold ED refuses point blank to use my custom keybinds file, even after restoring it. I've got 3 accounts and so far this year I've spent approx 8 hours trying to get my custom binds working, and 10 minutes playing. Simply because I get sick and fed up of wasting my time trying to get things to work for me.

Is there any permanent solution for this? After all, I've only ever had this with this game.

Giving up on ED again tonight after 20 minutes faffing. I might come back to it next week and see if it'll work and retain settings.

Actually, just tried rebinding a key to force it to use custom and it won't even save that. It shows custom preset. I apply, then select controls again and it's back the to default saitek.

Last edited:
Top Bottom