Custom Music

Angelis with his GIFs all the time. [squeeeeee][squeeeeee]
giphy.gif

Last edited:
+1[up]

I forgot to plus one this. I used custom music all the time and really liked the system in RCT3. For speakers i often used CSO speakers that acted like speakers and looked like rocks (forgot creators name). In-game music is great too, but is probably not enough over time to use for all those attractions.

If this gets implemented hopefully we see some various speakers like those small ones close to the ground and bigger ones we can hang.

I saw so many cool things from Planet Coaster already so maybe it is even possible to use a system like RCT3. With an addition that sounds get blocked and/or get more quiet/muffled sounding when they are used inside a full enclosure/building and your camera is outside.

I believe this is a little simple addon that get users the next level of simulation we ask for :) I'm completly sure this gonna be able on Planet Coaster on launch or after :) [big grin][yum]

I believe this is a little simple addon that get users the next level of simulation we ask for :) I'm completly sure this gonna be able on Planet Coaster on launch or after :) [big grin][yum]

It looks like it'll be after launch at the moment. Still, I'm sure we'll see it eventually.

I still dont understand how they could forget something as basic and important as the "speakers" in their specifications document ? [weird]
(Same for custom textures/logos/billboards)

This is so strange.

100% agree we will see it in the futur. They must integrate this feature and i 'm sure they will!

Definitely need custom music added to rides and place able speakers with volume a adjustment like RCT3, I used this feature all the time.

Meaby they won't add custom music because people are gonna put copyrighted music in the game. And if there is a feature to share your park then it is gonna be a problem.

Meaby they won't add custom music because people are gonna put copyrighted music in the game. And if there is a feature to share your park then it is gonna be a problem.
This is the only reason that could be good for us.
And this is what I hope because that mean "more chance" that they allow us to visit parks from other players as a guest + a full connected game, with sharing everything between players like rides, coasters, buildings, custom scenery, etc...

BUT, if it's true, then they could say "No custom music, but you will have access to a library containing thousands of sounds and music"
And they have many possibilities for this.

- They could make a partnership with a "Royalty free sounds library".
- They could produce music and sounds themselves.
- They could let the community make music and sounds, so they could share it (like 3D modelers with their custom scenery, graph design with textures, programmers with "rides scripts" and "buildings scripts", etc...)

I just hope they didnt say that because it's a surprise (for when they announce their "homemade content manager" like steamworkshop maybe ???)

Of course, if our theory is not good, and it's just because they have not thought of this feature, in this case, it's just sad. [ugh]

that's probably why i guess, but what if they just take away the custom music on every shared park "file"?

Last edited:

Would not be a issue at all if it was done like RCT3, RCT3 does not save the music to the park file it just reads it from your documents folder.

Would not be a issue at all if it was done like RCT3, RCT3 does not save the music to the park file it just reads it from your documents folder.

This. When I sent parks to friends who played RCT3, the music file didn't go with it, so the loudspeakers and rides just didn't play anything. If the music choice was locked to the computer the park is running on, since the game was merely acting as an audio player for the file, there wouldn't be a problem with copyright.

well, ya. But is there any other way?
(unless you just dont put any custom music in the game)
This one :

This is the only reason that could be good for us.
And this is what I hope because that mean "more chance" that they allow us to visit parks from other players as a guest + a full connected game, with sharing everything between players like rides, coasters, buildings, custom scenery, etc...

BUT, if it's true, then they could say "No custom music, but you will have access to a library containing thousands of sounds and music"
And they have many possibilities for this.

- They could make a partnership with a "Royalty free sounds library".
- They could produce music and sounds themselves.
- They could let the community make music and sounds, so they could share it (like 3D modelers with their custom scenery, graph design with textures, programmers with "rides scripts" and "buildings scripts", etc...)

I just hope they didnt say that because it's a surprise (for when they announce their "homemade content manager" like steamworkshop maybe ???)

Of course, if our theory is not good, and it's just because they have not thought of this feature, in this case, it's just sad. [ugh]

Top Bottom