Custom Music

This was huge for me in RCT3, to the point where I had theme specific playlists for each area of my parks. I'd like to see this option in Planet Coaster, where I can play music through loudspeakers.

I agree, +1 [up]

The option to use custom music would be great for Planet Coaster and developmentally speaking it is not a complicated thing to program into the game engine either.

Last edited:
This is for sure a big things, even if they build it out the same way as before this would be perfect +1 for sure.

This is for sure a big things, even if they build it out the same way as before this would be perfect +1 for sure.

I agree, but I was also thinking about something else; in GTA on PC, when you set up a custom radio station, you have the option to have radio ads, jingles and station announcements breaking up each song in your playlist. What if we had something similar here, where little park announcements play every now and then over the loudspeakers as your music plays? Nothing specific, since we'll be designing our own rides, but just stuff like the announcements that were in Theme Hospital, both as a reminder to player that something might need fixing and as an extra bit of realism.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this from you guys [happy]

I didn't even know you could do that in GTA on the PC, that actually sounds good. It would be fun to have a bunch of those so you can have the ads and such that would add a whole other level of coolness and realism.

I agree, but I was also thinking about something else; in GTA on PC, when you set up a custom radio station, you have the option to have radio ads, jingles and station announcements breaking up each song in your playlist. What if we had something similar here, where little park announcements play every now and then over the loudspeakers as your music plays? Nothing specific, since we'll be designing our own rides, but just stuff like the announcements that were in Theme Hospital, both as a reminder to player that something might need fixing and as an extra bit of realism.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this from you guys [happy]
Ahahaha !

Amazing (and very funny) idea !!! [up][up]

But not, randomly in the speaker of our park, let's make something more realistic :

If we have a system that allows us to make "advertising campaigns", imagine that I spend $ XXXX in an advertising campaign on radio, for a specific attraction, after this I close the window and I resumed the construction of my park, and after something like one or two minutes, the volume of my music diminishes and I heard an advertisement (randomly taken in the good category) about my ride (something always humorous, and of course generic enough, with no "ride name" or "park name" but things like "The new amazing rollercoaster" or "the terrifying haunted house")

Like this :

[video=youtube;3zKZBlhBxFU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zKZBlhBxFU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[video=youtube;4eFbpF6MEek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eFbpF6MEek[/video]

I think there are ways to do very funny things !!!

Last edited:
Ahahaha !

Amazing (and very funny) idea !!! [up][up]

But not, randomly in the speaker of our park, let's make something more realistic :

If we have a system that allows us to make "advertising campaigns", imagine that I spend $ XXXX in an advertising campaign on radio, for a specific attraction, after this I close the window and I resumed the construction of my park, and after something like one or two minutes, the volume of my music diminishes and I heard an advertisement (randomly taken in the good category) about my ride (something always humorous, and of course generic enough, with no "ride name" or "park name" but things like "The new amazing rollercoaster" or "the terrifying haunted house")

Like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zKZBlhBxFU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eFbpF6MEek

I think there are ways to do very funny things !!!

Pretty much what I was thinking [happy]

I'd love it if this were implemented.

Music at the ride. On the train, it will be nice.
[video=youtube;GBv5vXaGW9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBv5vXaGW9Q[/video]

199047_187989761242822_173148719393593_427152_5415412_n.jpg

The spots in the headrest are speakers.

Last edited:
I totally agree +1

I think the custom music needs to be done a bit better this time around though compared to RCT3 as it was really difficult to hear your custom music over all the other sounds and rides that were going on in the game at the same time. They touched briefly on the sounds of the game in the dev blog video 1 they posted on their FB page, so hopefully we'll be able to hear the sounds better but custom music is suuuuch a nice feature for everyone to have, it would be a shame we couldn't add in our own mp3s especially when we've spent serious amount of time building a coaster with a particular tune in mind!!

Yes totally - custom music. I keep meaning to do it in RCT 3 but keep forgetting.
going to get a copy of the Smiler music from Alton Towers (great ride) - I drove everyone nuts dancing to this in the queue - was great
[video=youtube;HpAKsWssXpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpAKsWssXpA[/video]

I really hope the custom music feature will be implemented in the final game too, since all of my rides in RCT3 have custom music.
I also have some kind of suggestion, although it'd be advanced and maybe not so easy to implement; let me explain it with an example.
You can set an idle tune for a ride, which plays whenever it's... idle. Additionally, you can also add an "active" tune, which plays when the ride starts until the ride finishes, either by fading or instantly changing with the idle tune.
Just imagine if you add an audio track with someone saying "Alright guys, get ready!" and the music "synchronizes" with the ride...
This gives me another idea... Ride Operator Announcements, like the one said before: "Come on, get on board!" - "Get ready!" - "And it begins!" etc..

Yes this is a must! Hopefully PC makes it also possible to connect your music to a train (on-board) and not only the station or certain areas.

Top Bottom