Ships Cutter multirole build feedback welcome

Hello fellow Commanders,

i would like to get the best out of my cutter and it would be interesting to read what you think of my build and how i could improve it. its supposed to be a multirole build. the linked build is the current state of the ship. coriolis.io build

my thoughts and problems (thoughts are allowed i hope, advice welcome :))

Tank: i think of switching to bi-weave cause of the faster recharge, prisma looks to heavy for me, resists spreaded with most on thermal, module and hull reinforcement missing so far, i would like to calculate the shield to optimize it.

weapons: time on target is low in a cutter due to the bad agility so i think of a change to weapons. one shot most damage possible is the idea, maybe 4x2 Rails, 1x4 MC, 2x3 beam ? best would be one firegroup for weapons only

fighters: i didnt learn much about fighters yet. any advice here i would be thankful for

thanks in advance

toppo

PS: haters and blamers please dont reply, i want to keep it positive and fun. if you feel i am a fool then simply dont answer. and i wont change the ship. i want to make the best out of THIS ship even its the worst for you maybe. thank you

You definitely want better armor on that one, heavy duty and deep plating the lightweight armor and instead of the two guardian shield reinforcements,
add a heavy duty deep plating HRP and a MRP. Never skip hull day!
Also if you use a bi-weave you can get rid of that overcharged pp and apply armored instead.
Also never overcharge more than you need, put things like scoop, gfsd booster and interdictor on priority 5 and engineer only then.

How are your fire groups? The three weapons (beams PA and multis) all have different reticules.

Your shield setup is not optimal, your thermal res is way too high, and your absolute too low in comparison.

hello bigmaec, thx for the input.

i only use one firegroup in the moment. 1 = beam + MC, 2 = plasma, i am not happy with the weapon choice at all and so i didnt engi it to the end. mixing beam and mc on one button is crap i know.

you mean i should UP Kinetic or also Explo on shield ?

thanks for the tips !!

Multirole builds are very good on paper - but in the field they are rather limiting

Anyway, i would use this build

You dont need an Interdictor unless you are in for active PVP hunting - but multirole and pvp dont mix well.
I would use a mix of beam turrets and a huge MC. You can complement your firepower by using a F63 Condor equipped with fixed multicannons
IF you dont need 512t cargo, you can swap a cargo rack for a SCB - in which case you need a HeatSink - so see what you can drop? a shield booster? the pdt? the wake scanner?

wow guys you are amazing. thanks for the good feedback.

@GroG79:
no pvp nor trading, missions, plain fighting CZ, bounty hunting, Mats collecting, having fun with friends. heatsinks i didnt need so far in fight it stays cool.

@Northpin:
i use Taipan Gelid F right now, ship is not ment for pvp at all, the interdictor was ment for finding targets of missions f.e., if not needed lets skip it, turret beams i thought are good too since you get more time on target, SCB are cool but i hoped that i dont need it in a cutter and the restock is an issue, wake scanner is good i thought cause i can collect data on the go and dont need to refit for the task but yes i hear you. point defence i am not sure how often its usefull against npc. i wonder why you only take a 6er Shield, distri ? thanks for your build

@Bigmaec
thanks for the build. i wasnt aware of that explo on shield is so important. i thought therm would be the highest.

A multi role also needs hatch breakers and a cargo scanner. You can find very interesting cargo on ships and megaships

wow guys you are amazing. thanks for the good feedback.

@GroG79:
no pvp nor trading, missions, plain fighting CZ, bounty hunting, Mats collecting, having fun with friends. heatsinks i didnt need so far in fight it stays cool.

@Northpin:
i use Taipan Gelid F right now, ship is not ment for pvp at all, the interdictor was ment for finding targets of missions f.e., if not needed lets skip it, turret beams i thought are good too since you get more time on target, SCB are cool but i hoped that i dont need it in a cutter and the restock is an issue, wake scanner is good i thought cause i can collect data on the go and dont need to refit for the task but yes i hear you. point defence i am not sure how often its usefull against npc. i wonder why you only take a 6er Shield, distri ? thanks for your build

@Bigmaec
thanks for the build. i wasnt aware of that explo on shield is so important. i thought therm would be the highest.
Explosive doesn't matter, it's just a by-product of reinforced. Which raises absolute, which is essentially the most important stat because multipliers for boosters work on the absolute value of the shield generator. Or in simple: high base shield = higher boosted shield mj.
Generally you want resistances around 50% give or take, with as high as possible absolute (niches cases exist though).

Oh and the Gelid F is a good one.

Explosive doesn't matter, it's just a by-product of reinforced. Which raises absolute, which is essentially the most important stat because multipliers for boosters work on the absolute value of the shield generator. Or in simple: high base shield = higher boosted shield mj.
Generally you want resistances around 50% give or take, with as high as possible absolute (niches cases exist though).

Oh and the Gelid F is a good one.
cool sounds logic. i read and saw the math behind the shield calculation. is there a handy tool for calculating the shield ? https://cmdrs-toolbox.com has a complex guide on shields.

so bi-weave is the way to go for sure then as you all go for it. darn i should have not pimped the 8a :)

@Northpin:

If you use beam turrets - you have enough shield stripping power so a Multicannon SLF will help better with the hulls. Buy technically you cant go wrong with any slf except the plasma ones - the tend to miss a lot
You might not need a SCB in normal use - but if you go in a CZ you could really swap the cargo racks for SCB and the PDT for a HeatSink.
Wake Scanner is a keeper - but use a C rated one and engineer it for long range. Saves some power
Point Defence is good aganst Hatch Breaker limpets - just make sure you put it on the underside to cover the Cargo Hatch.
A size 6 shield offers the enough good shields and better flexibility. For quite some time i used a Cutter with only 1600mj shields. Even in a Haz-Res

True.. A jack of all trades is a master of none. Try and find your optimum.
so true and its a very personal thing to find the optimum for each of us. i have a few others ships which have one role only but this here i thought i make multi based on my needs. why is nobody jumping on the rail idea ? is it so crap to snipe with rails and do high damage with a single shot of 4 rails ? i am just trying to understand. beam is like beeeeeeeeeeeeaaammmm ( beam even longer, ship out of sight). rails could be just a ping oin the target and do same damage as the long beam ? :)

so true and its a very personal thing to find the optimum for each of us. i have a few others ships which have one role only but this here i thought i make multi based on my needs. why is nobody jumping on the rail idea ? is it so crap to snipe with rails and do high damage with a single shot of 4 rails ? i am just trying to understand. beam is like beeeeeeeeeeeeaaammmm ( beam even longer, ship out of sight). rails could be just a ping oin the target and do same damage as the long beam ? :)

sorry i mean beam with rails

Maybe a stupid idea but to free up cap why not pack the ship with all Multis and half of them with Incendiary Rounds i?

this would need just a minimum of distri and more pips in ENG and SYS

If you use beam turrets - you have enough shield stripping power so a Multicannon SLF will help better with the hulls. Buy technically you cant go wrong with any slf except the plasma ones - the tend to miss a lot
You might not need a SCB in normal use - but if you go in a CZ you could really swap the cargo racks for SCB and the PDT for a HeatSink.
Wake Scanner is a keeper - but use a C rated one and engineer it for long range. Saves some power
Point Defence is good aganst Hatch Breaker limpets - just make sure you put it on the underside to cover the Cargo Hatch.
A size 6 shield offers the enough good shields and better flexibility. For quite some time i used a Cutter with only 1600mj shields. Even in a Haz-Res
thanks @Northpin i defo will integrate some of your tips in the build. hatchbreaker and PD on bottom i didnt know.

Mine is configured as a an open capable armed trader. I use her mainly for helping out the IDA and running power play papers.

She can handle any NPC in the game and, as for other commanders, it'll take at least 5 reverb cascade torpedoes to bring down her shields.

CNR Leonberger

Top Bottom