Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 console editions

Hi All,

I thought I would ask how other console players have found their experience with this game so far?

I purchased a copy for my Xone but have had to return it as it is a broken buggy mess that freezes, glitches and crashes non stop.

I was hoping that hotfix 1.04 would solve some of these issues but alas they got worse.

I do believe the only way to truly experience this game as the developer intended is to play it on a halfway decent PC rig.

Really crazy as CDPR actually developed this game for Xone and PS4?

Just inexcusable how they actively lied about the product and withheld console review copies until it was far too late.

Im sorry, but did anyone watch the gameplay vids months ago and actually believe their 7 year old potatoe console could run it?
Yes, they never should have said that it could but common sense applies.

You do realise that the game was actually developed for the Xone and PS4, right?

You do realise that the game was actually developed for the Xone and PS4, right?
Yes, back in 2012. I don't expect the developers to limit the scope of their game to aging hardware.
8 years in development is a long time, things change 🤷‍♂️
If the game was released 4 years ago this would be a very different conversation and a very different game.

Yes, back in 2012. I don't expect the developers to limit the scope of their game to aging hardware.
8 years in development is a long time, things change 🤷‍♂️
If the game was released 4 years ago this would be a very different conversation and a very different game.

Simply not a good enough answer.

Sold as Xone and PS4 ready, a very blatant lie.

This is the moment I have decided to never buy console again. PC from now on.

CDPR had a lot of trust for their sterling work before, now I think it's all gone to hell in a hand basket.

Bally shame really.

Their shares are falling, the off the cuff investor call did not go well and most importantly, a decent percentage of the fan base is rightfully peeved.

Toodly pipsky old bean

The game is basically designed for mid-to-high-end PCs, and the new consoles. I don't think their PS5/XboxX patches will take very long, but their focus at the moment is to fix the bugs & placate the older console owners.

I honestly wouldn't expect it to run well on a PS4 or Xbox One.

I don't think they lied. But the last delay was entirely about getting it to run on those old consoles, and four weeks wasn't enough time to do that. 🤷‍♀️

The mistake they made IMO is simultaneous release across all platforms. Would have been better to simply release on PC first, and then port to consoles later. There would be far less rep damage for them I think had they done that.

It's chalk and cheese really. When I look at the performance, graphics and gameplay on my PC with nothing more than an odd graphic glitch now and then even after close to 70 hours of playing it...and then we have the abysmal nonsense of the last gen console releases as well as next gen consoles running it poorly with a myriad of bugs...then there's the AMD graphics card performance bug on PC that required a 3rd party fix.

A bad decision by CDPR to release it in the state it is on console...but did they have any choice given the massive marketing and advertising campaign that preceded it? I suspect their hands were well tied...they couldn't delay it any longer and forcing a staged release would have similarly met with disastrous results. I've no doubt it'll haunt CDPR for some considerable time.

To my mind, they should have withdrawn or delayed the Xbox one and PS4 support once they realised...and they did fairly early on...that it was fast becoming a strictly next gen game the more they added to it. I'm sure next year will bring quite a few current generation console and PC only titles...CDPR just didn't want to be the first with Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Sony step up and remove Cyberpunk from their digital store. They also are now offering refunds across the board for digital copies.

Has to be real bad for that kind of action.

Let's see how Microsoft react.

My understanding and it is limited to what I've generally read around, is that Sony and MS will QA a release candidate alongside the developer to rubber stamp its release. Now that makes good business sense to me if true, prevents kerfuffles like this affecting reputations.

So I suppose IF they (Sony) had seen the release candidate and rubber stamped it for CDP to release then this all seems a bit double standardy to me.

Like I say it's just what I've read but it makes sense that the big boys would do this sort of due diligence and not just take developers word for it, especially on big ticket multi platform releases.

I believe CDPR was damned if they do damned if they don't. The delay from September to November was met with a large drop in their stock, death threats, 2 bit game "journalist" hoping on the angry train and everything else we are currently seeing.

Sorry old bean but one fails to understand how that justifies lies and false marketing?

Now Xbox announced they are issuing full refunds for the C2077 game.

Should have just done PC release now, and Console later. Even PC pre-orders were enough to cover the cost.
Instead they lied, got caught in a lie and now lost their reputation, while their stock market crushed by 40% in just few days.

But runs good on PC thou. View attachment 200436

Bally hell, will this rollercoaster never stop? Ha, see what one did there, hmmmm? I tied it in with FDev"s other game!

Ah, the japes never endeth here within the LION ZONE, what what

I do believe the only way to truly experience this game as the developer intended is to play it on a halfway decent PC rig.

At the moment I wouldn't recommend it on PC either. I stopped playing after 12 hours in wait of a patch. I don't want to ruin the experience with all the annoying bugs.
-I had enemies standing upright in idling animation after they were killed.
-Corpses act like there is zero g in elevators, floating and ruining cutscenes.
-NPCs sometimes walk right through you and your car.
-NPCs walking into your stand still car killing themselves causing police aggro.
-Broken police AI, spawning almost right on top of you.
-Big enemies getting stuck in things all the time. Really annoying when you play on hard and expect a good fight, only to end up standing there shooting at a npc running in place.
-Enemies disappearing in plain sight and then reappearing bugged not doing anything.

I am truly shocked that the creators of the Witcher series of games created this!

let me make myself clear, I am only referring to the console version.

I am playing the Witcher 3 with all DLC at the moment just so I can remember how great the studio used to be.

Top Bottom