Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 console editions

Sorry old bean but one fails to understand how that justifies lies and false marketing?
It does not. Period. The actions were reprehensible and they are suffering for it. What I said was just an observation of the situation.

I will continue to enjoy and have a blast playing cp2077 on pc reguardless of console woes.

Anthem, No mans sky, fallout 76 and I guess now Cyberpunk make the hallofame list.

Saying that you shouldn't expect CP 2077 to run on the original Xbox One or Ps4 is nonsense.
CDPR developed the game specific for those consoles and made a mess of it.
It's not the buyer's fault at play here, it's all on CDPR making bad choices and misleading promotion of the game.

Games like Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla run perfectly fine on the original consoles and imho they're just as advanced or even more so then CP 2077.

At the moment I wouldn't recommend it on PC either. I stopped playing after 12 hours in wait of a patch. I don't want to ruin the experience with all the annoying bugs.
-I had enemies standing upright in idling animation after they were killed.
-Corpses act like there is zero g in elevators, floating and ruining cutscenes.
-NPCs sometimes walk right through you and your car.
-NPCs walking into your stand still car killing themselves causing police aggro.
-Broken police AI, spawning almost right on top of you.
-Big enemies getting stuck in things all the time. Really annoying when you play on hard and expect a good fight, only to end up standing there shooting at a npc running in place.
-Enemies disappearing in plain sight and then reappearing bugged not doing anything.
I pre-ordered the PC version on Steam (only my second purchase from that 'vendor') and while the premise and look of the game are extremely evocative... the bugs even on my high-end rig (see sig below) are INTRUSIVE and spoiling the immersion in the story (which it's really all about, isn't it?). I, like CMDR shreddog, am going to stop further playing and restart my journey once some effective bug killing patch/es are released into the wild. Disappointed!!!! 😢 (n)

Last edited:
A fairly damning but honest appraisal by a YouTube reviewer I trust to be honest...It's long, in depth and very well worth the time it takes to watch. Not really console version specific but it ties into many issues shared across platforms.

Last edited:
This ties into the mega thread a bit but I am disappointed with CDP here to some degree. The bugs and stuff I can get over to a fair degree. Open world games are littered with them especially at launch, its expected to my mind.

What I am disappointed about it more to do with my own expectations from CDP as regards the whole game. It's just another open world game and while impressive in moments, it's got little of the magic that they showed in the Witcher series. After playing and loving the Witcher series several times over CP2077 just doesn't have that magic at all.

It's still enjoyable and it's not at all a bad game and to be fair nothing else has come out in the last couple of years that I've bothered with.

A GOTY version enhanced blah blah blah will see this one in a much better place, CDP will hopefully repay customer loyalty for this b0rked launch.

This ties into the mega thread a bit but I am disappointed with CDP here to some degree. The bugs and stuff I can get over to a fair degree. Open world games are littered with them especially at launch, its expected to my mind.

What I am disappointed about it more to do with my own expectations from CDP as regards the whole game. It's just another open world game and while impressive in moments, it's got little of the magic that they showed in the Witcher series. After playing and loving the Witcher series several times over CP2077 just doesn't have that magic at all.

It's still enjoyable and it's not at all a bad game and to be fair nothing else has come out in the last couple of years that I've bothered with.

A GOTY version enhanced blah blah blah will see this one in a much better place, CDP will hopefully repay customer loyalty for this b0rked launch.
I have a strange feeling that CP 2077 changed considerably from what was originally planned once the decision was made to bring Keanu Reeves on board. From what I remember from early days....the story was nothing like what we have now and I suspect the changes, including a rather large rewrite, all happened over the last year when the big 'Johnny Silverhand show' began.

There's times playing this game when I feel that playing as V is more like a distinctly supporting actor to Johnny Silverhand's leading role...maybe just me...still not sure I like that as the main story focus or not either. They could have added Johnny's storyline as DLC focusing more on the lore side from his timeline, now it just seems tagged on simply to have a big name actor play leading role in a video game...not that I object to the idea at all...I kinda like Keanu Reeves.

Anyway, I went back and played as Geralt for a few hours to ponder on it a bit more...I just wondered as I was wandering around Velen.... in 5 years time, will I still be still firing up Cyberpunk for the same reasons as I still play the Witcher 3 :)

Last edited:
I have a strange feeling that CP 2077 changed considerably from what was originally planned once the decision was made to bring Keanu Reeves on board. From what I remember from early days....the story was nothing like what we have now and I suspect the changes, including a rather large rewrite, all happened over the last year when the big 'Johnny Silverhand show' began.

There's times playing this game when I feel that playing as V is more like a distinctly supporting actor to Johnny Silverhand's leading role...maybe just me...still not sure I like that as the main story focus or not either. They could have added Johnny's storyline as DLC focusing more on the lore side from his timeline, now it just seems tagged on simply to have a big name actor play leading role in a video game...not that I object to the idea at all...I kinda like Keanu Reeves.

Anyway, I went back and played as Geralt for a few hours to ponder on it a bit more...I just wondered as I was wandering around Velen.... in 5 years time, will I still be still firing up Cyberpunk for the same reasons as I still play the Witcher 3 :)

Johnny Silverhand is a huge part of the books written by Pondsmith, which CDPR used as their source material for the game.

Silverhand, Rogue, Alt Cunningham, Smasher, Arasaka are all lore parts of the original game. Plot parts like Soulkiller are likewise "authentic". Feels pretty coherent. I rather think the story line is a backbone from the start. Whole night city is. The corps, the whole setting is CP tabletop only 50 years later. If that's not been the plan from the start it is likely a plan B scenario. It's likle Total War WarHammer - you don't have to write all the lore, it's there to pick a plot from. The whole thing is set uup to pick plots and a video game of this caliber is likely to pick the beacon stuff out.

Yeah, it really feels genuine and not tacked on. The Silverhand/Alt/Soulkiller thing is even provided as the base scenario in the core rpg book, with the PC taking part in the action. The only difference is that Silverhand always felt pretty cringe in the books, whereas I can't get enough of the disgruntled version we get now. Jack Entropy, from the Eurotour campaign was a more hilarious/genuine take on the music scene.

Same goes with the 4th Corporate War which shaped a lot of events and is referenced everywhere. It was a 2 part massive campaign called Firestorm, with Stormfront covering the proxy underwater conflict (OTEC backed by Militech, vs CINO backed by Arasaka) and Shockwave covering the ensuing open conflict between Militech and Arasaka which pretty much wiped Arasaka off the map.

Honestly, I'm amazed at how great of a job they did with the setting. I feel for the devs who go through the the suits got them in because it's a fantastic piece of work. I really feel out there when cruising in the city districts.

I never knew anything about the genre at all...bar reading Asimov when I was a teenager, hence my ignorance :)

You don't need to. The game tells you all ther is to know. It is a working cosmos.

I'd rather say it is even better this way. You have never heard of the combat zone, which is kinda lacking, you don't know about the vast list of possible Cyberimplants which is very limited in the game in contrast.
I on the other hand know. I imagined NC always a lot darker, grittier, more murderous, dirtier. But you know what, I can only respect CP2077's take on the setting. It is a possible interpretation with gameplay systems tuned to make a working product while still miantaining the illusion. Is ist perfect? No. But I'd rate the game as a very decent GM for a CP session.
The pick of main topics is excellent too. And we never played around with the lore characters for our role-playing in CP2020. I just rolled cyborgs and rock stars dreaming of performing the first "online" gig ever (internet wasn't really a thing back when I played). Our main GM only ever threatened to activate Adam Smasher if we wwere unruly (he never did). But from a GM perspective they are easy meat for setting up a role-play scenario out with.
I never warmed to the Silverhand story and that was a common sentiment in our group. Too much arrogant superhero. CDPR take is quite good in that regard - I could have easily hated the character but they made a good story out of it.

I think there are a few that are disappointed, at least short term...

Heh, call me an oppertunist but I bought some shares CDPR now that they're reasonably low.
No doubt stocks will rise again when they come out of this debacle, then it's my time to sell them again.

Not had console version but played a little of pc version hard to get out of my cars n planes for it but its not had any glitch it limited time i have played although i made my pc high end during lockdown no pubs do c got it all. Lol

Hi All,

I thought I would ask how other console players have found their experience with this game so far?

I purchased a copy for my Xone but have had to return it as it is a broken buggy mess that freezes, glitches and crashes non stop.

I was hoping that hotfix 1.04 would solve some of these issues but alas they got worse.

I do believe the only way to truly experience this game as the developer intended is to play it on a halfway decent PC rig.

I had it on the xbox series x. Still ended up returning it, just too buggy. I prefer to play the game in performance mode which is currently a stutter mess. I'll return if they fix the performance issues on current gen consoles, until than no thanks.

Hilarious. I can recognise a few bugs from playing the game (on PC) as well.
To be frank, this release wasn't handled very well, including the decisions in the months up to it. They lost a lot of good reputation. I know the year 2020 is significant to the franchise and it would have been great for marketing, if only the older console versions were playable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom