Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Lots of long videos showing up with new game play, any thoughts?
I've decided to only watch official material on their youtube page. I'd love to see all the gameplay reveals and read all the article, but I've thought about it and I'm not going to spoil it any more for me. :)
I don't think those long videos contain anything more than the official 15 minutes gameplay reveal and some commentary. There was also chat with developers after the gameplay reveal. That is not the same presentation that the press saw, it was cut down and edited to avoid major spoilers.

I'm moving onto our property in the spring which is currently raw land behind a range of mountains with no access (ever) to broadband. Potentially some Internet via a dish and tower with subpar speeds and data caps after we get everything built. Fingers crossed that this will release before I move so I can get it downloaded while I still have access to the good stuff!
Just buy it on gog.com, CDPR's own storefront. This should get you a DRM free version, which you will then download on some mobile drive while out in civilisation, and then just use gog to "locate installed game" back in the wilderness. I am not from CDPR though so IDK if they will hold true to "no DRM" motto. Also, all retail versions are said to contain gog keys. You can always ask them on Twitter, they respond pretty often.

Also, no better options over phone landline than satnet? btw. it's amazing how we now take broadband for granted ;-)

Last edited:
I'm moving onto our property in the spring which is currently raw land behind a range of mountains with no access (ever) to broadband. Potentially some Internet via a dish and tower with subpar speeds and data caps after we get everything built. Fingers crossed that this will release before I move so I can get it downloaded while I still have access to the good stuff!
You should look into TVWS broadband...TV White Space. The tech was developed with Microsoft to supply areas of the world with no internet service, it works using the old analogue TV frequencies. I use it on the little remote island I live on since we have no subsea cable bringing in standard hard line telephony services, it's price is compatible with standard broadband packages...and whilst it's certainly not superfast fibre I get 14Mbps download and 7 Mbps up.

It is available in the US... might be an option.
TVWS

Last edited:
You should look into TVWS broadband...TV White Space. The tech was developed with Microsoft to supply areas of the world with no internet service, it works using the old analogue TV frequencies. I use it on the little remote island I live on since we have no subsea cable bringing in standard hard line telephony services, it's price is compatible with standard broadband packages...and whilst it's certainly not superfast fibre I get 14Mbps download and 7 Mbps up.

It is available in the US... might be an option.
TVWS
The trouble is... I suspect Jason kind of doesn't mind that he won't have internet. ;)
Maybe it's even the point

I can't help - but it just looks like a shooter to me. I dont mind a good shooter, but I kinda expect more from an RPG. To be fair - our CP2020 sessions involved a lot of shooting, too.

I can't help - but it just looks like a shooter to me. I dont mind a good shooter, but I kinda expect more from an RPG. To be fair - our CP2020 sessions involved a lot of shooting, too.
It does look very shooty. But keep in mind these are presentations and need to show some action. They won't show an hour or running around, talking with random NPCs, gathering mats and other "general RPGing", because it wouldn't make for an interesting video.

I thought they showed how the branching story, and the netrunner way to play, work pretty well. Now I'm a bit worried about messing up a decision and not realising for X hours, but I guess the game is going to have plenty of replay potential.

Dude you need this.

When I moved away from the east coast and lost my fiber connection I considered getting a gigabit connection in a town about 60 miles away and using long range microwave repeater to get it to me...hardware would have been relatively affordable and I had someone who was willing to let me use their address, but some quick math showed that I'd need to put one of the dishes on something over 2500 feet high to get clear line-of-sight around the curvature of the Earth.

If only those Flat Earthers were right I'd have a gigabit connection now!

Dude you need this.

Very neat, but the bandwidth people are reporting seems to barely qualify as broadband in many cases.

Still, it's probably way better than current satellite stuff where the upload has to go over dial-up or requires a zillion dollar initial investment and about five hundred dollars an hour for the service.

Hopefully these low-cost satelite swarm services show up sooner rather than later and live up to some of the hype.

Work in progress... love it so far. Must resist making comparisons to other games 'working in progress'..... :D

Oh folks, the vid is NSFW with scenes of nudity and bad language, but by the Gods, I want this game.
reported for letting me know. I demand to be surprised with NSFW, stop warning us!

When I moved away from the east coast and lost my fiber connection I considered getting a gigabit connection in a town about 60 miles away and using long range microwave repeater to get it to me...hardware would have been relatively affordable and I had someone who was willing to let me use their address, but some quick math showed that I'd need to put one of the dishes on something over 2500 feet high to get clear line-of-sight around the curvature of the Earth.

If only those Flat Earthers were right I'd have a gigabit connection now!

Very neat, but the bandwidth people are reporting seems to barely qualify as broadband in many cases.

Still, it's probably way better than current satellite stuff where the upload has to go over dial-up or requires a zillion dollar initial investment and about five hundred dollars an hour for the service.

Hopefully these low-cost satelite swarm services show up sooner rather than later and live up to some of the hype.
For now it’s just one of many ways to keep in contact with the civilized world, you can on a budget get a reasonable internet connection if you are willing to do some work, setting up repeaters is not expensive and even if your neighbors are a bit far away, you could make a deal with them so they could be a part of the network, and HAM is great in the local community.

Microwave is good if you need to send the signal across buildings, but it’s expensive compared to this solution.

I really believe in CD Projekt Red and that they will make a great game again. When I played the Witcher 3, I was shocked by the graphics, the plot, and especially the world . In General, I can't wait for the spring when this game will be released. In the meantime, I'm going to play Apex Legends. I would not say that I play well in Apex Legends. It's hard for me to win a match. So I use apex legends stats tracker which helps me track my stats.

Last edited:
Top Bottom