Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'll wait to see some let's plays before I buy. While the trailer is cool I mostly have to judge it based on my experience with CDPR, and I'm just not a big fan of their work so far.

It looks like a mix of Grand Theft Auto and Deus Ex. :p Not a bad thing at all, especially since I love Deus Ex a lot. We'll see....

I always try and keep in mind the kind of shennanigans that Ubisoft get up to with their "vertical slice" of gameplay. Look at any of that E3 footage of the first Watch_Dogs and The Devision games, neither of which bared much resemblance to the actual, release product.

I won't get too excited till I see more people playing it.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I always try and keep in mind the kind of shennanigans that Ubisoft get up to with their "vertical slice" of gameplay. Look at any of that E3 footage of the first Watch_Dogs and The Devision games, neither of which bared much resemblance to the actual, release product.

That's certainly true, although CDPR have a not undeserved positive reputation as far as being fair and honest with consumers. I don't have reason to doubt their honesty as far as their gameplay demo. That said, it is just a demo - a very controlled, tight little snippet of a larger 'thing'. It's intriguing and exciting but we all have to keep in mind that it may not be representative of the final product.

On which generation of consoles do they intend to run it? For the current generation I expect a big downgrade.

RDR2 looks fantastic on the consoles, as did the GTAV on PS3 - for some (optimization) reasons, consoles tend to push way above their weight at the end of their lifecycle.

A couple months, I suppose. You should still make it if you want the VR headset for Christmas. :)

I've had VR headsets for quite a few years now. I just want the ability to turn the graphic loveliness up a bit, and so I guess I should be able to hold out a little longer

Would have liked to see some air travel, which i think will be in the game, other than that very amazing. Gaming world about to be rocked by biggest blow :)

quick edit; picking up bodies confirmed !!!

This bit of info might strengthen your resolve... Mr Cyberpunk himself, William Gibson didn't like the game.

Mr. Cyberpunk 2020, Mike Pondsmith, the father of the RPG tabletop game however, said in an interview with Angry Joe that they've gotten it so right like they jacked into his brain. So there's that. And while I enjoyed Neuromancer, I don't trust writers to judge computer games (vide Andrzej Sapkowski, author of the Witcher books).

[video=youtube_share;6LAH3qE73lE]https://youtu.be/6LAH3qE73lE[/video]

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

That's certainly true, although CDPR have a not undeserved positive reputation as far as being fair and honest with consumers. I don't have reason to doubt their honesty as far as their gameplay demo. That said, it is just a demo - a very controlled, tight little snippet of a larger 'thing'. It's intriguing and exciting but we all have to keep in mind that it may not be representative of the final product.

Very true. However they have downgraded the lighting a little bit for the final release of Witcher 3 compared to their E3 demo.

Looks terrific. Couldn't take the Witcher 3 third person but loved all the effort they put into it, so this sounds lovely and I can VorpX-it-up. Plus I'm a sucker for 80s/90s cyberpunk!

You boys have to keep up on your cyber godfathers, Gibson retweeted them yesterday: "Looks *much* better to me than the earlier teaser. Has "dirt in the corners" texture."

Last edited:
Mr. Cyberpunk 2020, Mike Pondsmith, the father of the RPG tabletop game however, said in an interview with Angry Joe that they've gotten it so right like they jacked into his brain. So there's that. And while I enjoyed Neuromancer, I don't trust writers to judge computer games (vide Andrzej Sapkowski, author of the Witcher books).

Your favourite authors disliking something is almost a seal of good quality. I rewatched "Ready Player One" yesterday. They were going on about how Stephen King disliked Kubrik's "The Shining"

Mu77ley

Volunteer Moderator
Anyway, this looks awesome and I can't wait to see how it turns out (as an massive Gibson fan and former tabletop Shadowrun player I love all things cyberpunk).

Top Bottom