Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

I believe the visuals are far from final (as clearly stated in the video). Still, impressive work from CDPR, the living city, the crowd simulation... well done, really. That feeling of having the new Deus Ex, finally ! What really amazes me is the amount if interaction that is possible anywhere, anytime, in that seamless open world. Also the tabletop RPG addict that i am squees like a little girl with the clearly DocWagon guys coming in (Shadowrun reference.. i know SR is a direct offshoot of cyberpunk, similarities are expected) or that visit to the ripperdoc... The completely open way to approach the final run in the demo is also clearly a lesson on how to do things, i hope Ubisoft Montreal are watching...

Just finished a second playthrough of TW3+DLC. It re-affirmed my belief that no other game comes close to CDPRs output. Normally I wouldn't watch such a long, extended playthrough for an upcoming RPG, as it's too great a spoiler, but in this case I made an exception. This is going to be a long wait...

Some of us might even not make it... :|

From my experience with the table top and what I've seen in their video - it's a solid go at the world. Gives me a bit of old Cyberpunk 2020 vibes. In my imagination Night City wasn't that colourful. It's nice to see some artistic vision that is different but still identifying as the fiction I know.

impressive, i took the hype train after watching few minutes !

... i couldn't stop imagining being in Elite, dropping to an earth world and roaming in a city like that [heart]

impressive, i took the hype train after watching few minutes !

... i couldn't stop imagining being in Elite, dropping to an earth world and roaming in a city like that [heart]

Edit ;

Nice. Though I fear my puny GTX 960 4GB wouldn't stand a chance.

Am I correct in thinking it will have an Xbox release?

Also here is the spec of the computer that ran the demo :

• CPU : Intel Core i7-8700K @ 3.70Ghz
  • RAM : G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2 x 16Go, 3000Mhz, CL15
  • Motherboard : ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
  • GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • SSD : Samsung 960 PRO 512Go M.2 PCIe

https://www.begeek.fr/cyberpunk-207...onfiguration-pc-musclee-utilisee-a-le3-279287 (not in english)

I think my 970 SLI will fry [haha]

edit(2) ; looks like i can't even edit properly

Deleted member 115407

D
Edit ;

https://www.begeek.fr/cyberpunk-207...onfiguration-pc-musclee-utilisee-a-le3-279287 (not in english)

I think my 970 SLI will fry [haha]

edit(2) ; looks like i can't even edit properly

I think I can run it comfortably. If not, there should be plenty of time to save up for a new rig.

I didn't expect a first person game, I'm happy with this surprise :D

Looks amazing, can't wait. CPR joining the Elite game dev squad.

Edit ;

That's a surprisingly small rig to use in a gameplay reveal. Good to know their game is well optimized :D

Absolutely incredible, my jaw fell when they said "No load screens" as I look back on games like Fallout etc, sounds insane that they could get the level of detail in this and async load it all.

If this will indeed run as good as it looks like, on a rig they claim it was running on...I'm feeling safe, and even more excited for it :D Note to self - no overhyping. But it's hard to resist. It looks so good!

Thing is...the Witcher 3 runs quite happily on an original Xbox one. I suspect CDPR's engine is well optimised judging purely from TW3 having played it both on Xbox one and PC...
Witcher 3 has been downgraded as well. :D

[video=youtube;AOkP7C0WrkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOkP7C0WrkU[/video]
This is how it looked in 2013.

We'll just get extra bells and stuff on PC [yesnod]
I'm just pointing out, that the final game will look much more mundane (less details, less NPCs, etc.) on every platform, including PC.

These WIP demos are nice to demonstrations of what super expensive hardware can do. But it will never come to market in this form. So don't get overly excited.

Witcher 3 has been downgraded as well. :D

This is how it looked in 2013.

I'm just pointing out, that the final game will look much more mundane (less details, less NPCs, etc.) on every platform, including PC.

These WIP demos are nice to demonstrations of what super expensive hardware can do. But it will never come to market in this form. So don't get overly excited.

My Witcher 3 looks far better than that now with all the mods I've fired on it since 2016. Saying that, I've never held much truck with little FPS counters or the seeming fascination with the fancy schmancy of 4K...I have a good rig, more than enough to run anything I throw at it, in 4K or otherwise and more than this game will likely require when it appears...

The story telling is what has always driven my gaming habits....and CDPR seem to be able to put every other game house to shame with theirs :)

Last edited:
Never held much truck with little FPS counters or the seeming fascination with the fancy schmancy of 4K...
Well, you now completely lost the topic. :rolleyes:

I wasn't commenting on your personal preferences, you replied to my comment, which was aimed at the original gameplay demo. That demo focuses on lots of fancy stuff which most likely isn't going to show up in the final game, because the target platforms cannot do it. So CyberPunk 2077 most likely isn't "The End of Gaming" (what I quoted), it's just another tech demo with no relation to the final product, like we've seen so many. Remember the No Mans Sky E3 presentation? The final version of CyberPunk 2077 most likely will feature:

- the usual visibility range
- the usual level of detail
- the usual texture resolution
- the usual number of NPC actors (not "crowds")
- the usual loading screens

Regardless of what your PC or CDPR's PC can do.

People even forget, that the first version of GTA V had to run on a PS3 in 2013. It then took two years to get "rematered" for 8th generation (and PC), which is now considered the only edition, which had ever existed. Because the initial release simply didn't appear on PC at all. They had to wait two years for that. :D

Maybe CDPR goes the same route with their "vision", but that "definitive edition" would be still half a decade away.

Ok, watched full thing.

This is impressive. Not because of visuals - those stand alone by themselves - but it feels they have clearly done serious home work how to marry insanely futuristic good looking combat with RPG elements. And fact is - it feels and looks way better than Anthem or Destiny. And all interesting ideas they have done insane amount of crunching RPG balancing numbers.

This blows any Fallout or Mass Effect out of the water.

I don't like watching long trailers. I watched enough of it to convince myself I was going to buy it. But I do have a question for anyone who watched to the end...

Does it have in humour in it?

I found the Witcher series to be a little on the dry side. I never bothered with Witcher 3 because of that. What I've seen of this game does show more promise, a dystopian future where everyone is only looking out for themselves. Any fans of "Brazil" will know the opportunities for dark humour I'm talking about.

Top Bottom